Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I think they may end up including the numbers from this genocide that definitely happened on the Victims of Communism Memorial, which for the Americans who are unaware, they want to built literally in front of and larger than the Holocaust Memorial. :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Is there a thread about how Saudi intelligence and possibly the CIA and Mossad definitely didn't know about and certainly weren't involved in 9/11?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Corky Romanovsky posted:

this guy did a video a month ago about that Florida man "Beau of the Fifth Column" being convicted in relation to 200 instances of trafficking young eastern European women

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Weka posted:

Soon it will be 7 million, making it the biggest genocide ever. No, those Russians the nazis killed don't count.

They want to build the monument larger than and in front of the Holocaust memorial. I don't see how they don't inflate the number to get past 6M.

The US WW2 Museum started to get into this literally the day the Ukraine War started, so expect to never hear about it again

Now, here's the interesting thing - the vast majority of those bullets were not fired by Germans. A quarter of the Holocaust, minimum (because the same thing happened in Lithuania, where 90% of the Jewish population was killed) remains unexplained in narratives that omit that. A greater problem would be that at Baba Yar and elsewhere the killings were in progress before the Wehrmacht even arrived, let alone the Security Police and other administrators of the Final Solution. It makes sense to me that something larger needs to obscure this tragedy, hence Double Genocide, as you all know.

But even within Double Genocide theory, they have created a dichotomy where the "implementation" of one, the famine, is clear, but not its motivation, and the motivation of the other is supposedly clear, but not its implementation. Even in the story they're telling, these can't be held up to be the same thing.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 16:01 on Mar 20, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Really, they have the problem of two competing audiences. Domestically, it's understood that the atrocities (and natural disasters) attributed to the Soviets were the Judeo-Bolsheviks' fault, and therefore the Holocaust was justified, but since they can't say that to western audiences, really the best they've produced is two unrelated (by their own explanations of cause and effect) bad things happened in a region. That's not really a coherent narrative.

The most obvious tell is that the Ukrainian and Baltic nationalists, so far as I am aware, never say that the Holocaust is a bad thing that happened to them, as a nation. The famine was done to Ukraine and Ukrainians, the Holocaust...just happened? I don't know, I'm curious how far the mask slips now that western liberals are enraptured with Eastern European blood and soil nationalism.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

What a loving dweeb

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Stalin was better, for having both convictions and the will to see them through, than Bernie, Corbyn or Warren by every metric that counts except feeding Ukrainians.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

lol his profile picture really is perfect for him, I'll say that.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Much like Ukrainians and grain, I feel like I'm missing something here.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

So is buying a transphobic avatar for yourself as a false flag more like the Doctors’ Plot, or Trial of the Twenty-One? Both of which, like the Holodomor and Holodomor thread, happened.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Might this be the work of Poles, Trotskyites or Polish Trotskyites?

e:

Futanari Damacy posted:

The Reichstav Fire

gradenko_2000 posted:

Maybe I do have a moral aversion to surplus grain because here goes. You could have continued doing this forever if you weren't trying to pin the blame on the kulaks. I read the books by Robert Conquest and thought to myself "drat - who would be dumb enough to accuse Stalin of a genocide?" It seemed to good to be true from your perspective, and well, it was. Why the gently caress would you eat all the grain yourself? I know you are aware of the ongoing discussion about intent and culpability. The part that has gone unsaid is that I can look up when someone redirects grain shipments to themselves, and that's what you did here. You order the regional SSRs to do so and they are associated with your decrees.

I wish I could say this is the first time Zinoviev and Kamenev have done this, but it's not. They seem to have used their positions to direct harm at the state and tell others to betray the cause of the revolution, even suggesting that they, themselves should "join the victims of the White Terror." Why? Why the heck would they do that? A mirror universe Trotsky where they create negative attention for themselves isn't any more fun. I maybe get it a little bit up until the point where they start blaming other people for their actions and manipulatively pretending they don't know what they're referring to.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Mar 24, 2023

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HashtagGirlboss posted:

It’s amazing how much people care about people being mean to them online if I were them I’d just sit back and realize that it really doesn’t matter but that’s just me, an idiot

But what if the person being mean to you online is... you?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The enemy is cunning. A cunning enemy must not be spared. The whole forum rose to its feet as soon as these ghastly crimes became known. The whole forum is quivering with indignation and I, as the representative of the poo poo posters, join my anger, the indignant voice of the poo poo poster, to the rumbling of the voices of dozens!

I want to conclude by reminding you, comrades admins, of those demands which the law makes in cases of the gravest crimes against the forums. I take the liberty of reminding you that it is your duty, once you find these people, and all of their avatars, guilty of crimes against the forums, to apply to them in full measure those articles of the law which have been preferred against them by the prosecution.

I demand that dogs gone mad should be perma'd - every one of them!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i love the gbs goons whos names are epic communism references but whos politics are the complete opposite

Warren = Trotsky with a plan

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’ve had to read about the French war in Indochina for work for about the past two weeks and goddamn.

I don’t know how the French Empire’s PR has been in comparison to the British, but they really took it to new levels and I feel most people are in the dark about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Weka posted:

Wasn't that Japan's contemporary claim, even if it was farcical?

Yes, and in the Dutch colonies specifically they were initially met with collaboration and enthusiasm.

But then the Japanese wanted slave labour to rebuild the refineries and oil wells that were blown up, and comfort women, etc etc

They really couldn’t help themselves. Same thing happened in Indochina.