Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

Lol, I feel better about the fight now that it's just middle age guys being pissy at the Y.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1645216736311140352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/rudygobert27/status/1645220661177008133?s=20

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
I hate that it was Ainge that did this fleecing.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Marklar posted:

He coasted like a decade off the KG trade and now gets to reset the clock

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JadenMcDanielsF/status/1645224000295976961

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the nba is wild

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Gobert threw a weak rear end punch because his back hurt

http://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645229972829753345

quote:

Gobert hurt his back in a victory over Spurs on Saturday, and nearly didn’t play today. He was sore, believed he was fighting through the discomfort and referred to those limitations with his back when arguing with Anderson, sources told ESPN’s
@ZachLowe_NBA
on Sunday night.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 10, 2023

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
yeah ok

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Never a slow moment in the NBA

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It’s hilarious how much poo poo is immediately getting leaked out because everyone hates Rudy Gobert

Although kudos for Slow Mo playing the it’s him or me card

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Please trade Rudy to Dallas.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Silver lets Dallas keep their first rounder but only to be used in a trade for Gobert

Kyrie lights some sage and goes off on a 2 hour rant about how Rudy couldn’t have been the one to shut down the league

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Silver lets Dallas keep their first rounder but only to be used in a trade for Gobert

At worst, Gobert would instantly be the 3rd best center in franchise history.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Spacebump posted:

At worst, Gobert would instantly be the 3rd best center in franchise history.

I will argue till I’m blue in the face that Erick Dampier outplayed Shaq in the finals

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I will argue till I’m blue in the face that Erick Dampier outplayed Shaq in the finals

That's true but and I was a big fan of Dampier's screens. However, that due had stone hands.

The greatest Mavs centers (in no particular order): Tyson Chandler, Roy Tarpley, and James Donaldson.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Shawn Bradley erasure

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

some people just can't handle french passion smdh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

Shawn Bradley erasure

He's like the 4th or 5th best center in franchise history. (Damp would also be in the top 5.)

This is a great tweet.
https://twitter.com/MavsMuse/status/1645178606191009792

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
RIP to a bummer of a Hornets season. Feeling decently optimistic about next year, though — looking forward to more Mark Williams and Bryce McGowens, getting Cody Martin back, some resolution to the Miles Bridges situation, and they’ve got five draft picks + like $20+ million in cap space to work with.

Some lotto luck and a healthy LaMelo and who knows

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Rough times in the Big D, they had to turn off replies on the "have a nice summer!" tweet.

https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/1645179233185026048

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The last mavrello ballovic tweet was sept 4, 2022.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Thank you Javale for going to the mavs and sabotaging their season. This is arguably more valuable than your contributions to the suns last season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

any word on the other guy that threw a punch in a timberwolves jersey today

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
NBA Playoffs N/V Thread When???

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Declan MacManus posted:

any word on the other guy that threw a punch in a timberwolves jersey today

Fractured hand, out indefinitely 🤚 👋👊👇🤜🤛🪚

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Zogo posted:

Kings are a top three seed and have one of the best players in the league.

I'm not saying they are a bad team, because they aren't. It would still shock me if they won the West.

Spacebump posted:

And have them resign Kyrie.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bismack Billabongo posted:

NBA Playoffs N/V Thread When???

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029452 i make a-da thread

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

hifi posted:

The last mavrello ballovic tweet was sept 4, 2022.

It's hosed up, miss him so much

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/ArtButSports/status/1645183517322510336?t=yXK9lxWGv18yAc3HIXj41g&s=19

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
NBA Playoff Prediction Game!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029458&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Check it out! Win a prize for a charity. Show off how well you know the NBA and try not to fall for my clever trap questions.:slick:

You have until tipoff Tuesday to get play-in predictions in, but the play-in round is kinda chump points so you can also start in the first round and be fine.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

WhyteRyce posted:

He coasted like a decade off the KG trade and now gets to reset the clock

The Tatum trade down pick wasn't on the same scale but still a nice move.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Marklar posted:

WE ALMOST BEAT THIS AINGE GENIUS NARRATIVE

. .. . but the world refused to change

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is a small chance he just makes a podcast and becomes Alex Jones

He was on a few episodes of that podcast that Channing Frye and Richard Jefferson used to do. He was a decent guest but I’m not sure he has the juice to host.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

kalensc posted:

Wouldn't a healthy Robert Williams III still see the Celtics run into the "don't gave an MVP caliber guy" hurdle?

Not critiquing so much as wondering what the threshold is for you to elevate a team beyond needing a true MVP-level star (Pistons 04 must fall in this bucket yea?).

How is Tatum not an MVP calibur guy?

30.1 points a game, 8.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists and plays good defense.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Jaden McDaniels is one of my favourite players. It does not surprise me one bit that the drama Minnesota Timberwolves has been immersed in for the past few seasons manifested itself in a super gifted player being unable to contain his emotions. This team is like a ticking bomb, and I sometimes wonder what's going to happen when Ant loses it.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Sorry TWolves fans ITT, you seem like a good bunch and this all sucks.

Zogo posted:

Kings are a top three seed and have one of the best players in the league.

I am pro-beam lighting but I am concerned about Sacramento's record against winning teams.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
There was a good podcast about the upset statistics on a recent GOAT episode with Kevin Pelton and yeah the Kings are the most vulnerable team but it's important to note these upsets happen like 20% of the time.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Charlz Guybon posted:

How is Tatum not an MVP calibur guy?

30.1 points a game, 8.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists and plays good defense.
I think it's based on WS/48, where Tatum is outside of the top 15 which was one of Zogo's target stats for championship teams.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shinjobi posted:

I will say with Brunson his last year with the Mavs was his best one and no others even came close. Maybe that is on Rick Carlisle for not playing him enough, but even so fans had reason to doubt that Brunson was going to be what he eventually became. Hell, his games against the Clippers in the playoffs weren't exactly good.

Not defending Cuban here, gently caress the guy, but with Brunson there's a little more to it.

There was a question of what does he look like without luka, and i think thats 100% of why the mavs hesitated, because they wanted to be able to flip their ‘sets for a star.

And you really have to blame it on them because not being able to self scout is something true of the most mediocre to bad teams. Should’ve just agreed to the max extension the second they could have, They hesitated and that was the opening for the knicks to take him.

It was all thoroughly reported by Tim McMahon, who’s hated by the mavs organization for getting to the truth of this type of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Obviously We have no idea about how all those assistant coaches would be as head coaches, so I will just say go for the cheater ime Udoka, Maybe he can cheat is into a few more wins and a respectable team.