Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

m night shyamalan wishes he could write a twist this good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

loving PERFECT

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Captain Jesus posted:

My other favorite was the insane "Yummy mommy" thread where goons were actually posting pictures of their "hot" moms which culminated with Samurai Asspirate posting pictures of his stepmom who he wanted to gently caress and actually made some pathetic moves on (and who also gets frequently confused with Microwave's mom).

Was it Microwave or that other guy who started that thread. I always remembered it as Microwave, have I been wrong this whole time?

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Was it Microwave or that other guy who started that thread. I always remembered it as Microwave, have I been wrong this whole time?

I'm pretty sure Microwave had nothing to do with that thread or at least wasn't the one who started it, because I distinctly remember the mom in the OP not being Microwave's mom. I think Microwave was also not happy about people being horny for his mom so I don't think he would have posted it in that insane thread.

I can't find the "yummy mommy" thread but SAclopedia links to a thread Samurai Asspirate made about wanting to gently caress his stepmom (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2429042). It references the "yummy mommy" thread but the link does not work to me.

What a time to be alive that was.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Correcting the record RE Hogs as someone who has to deal with the fuckers - the ar-15 argument is actually a bad one because you want something bigger, especially now that the dastardly Canadians have unleashed the greater north American Turbopig upon us.

Spear hunter goon was both unhinged and seeking some very dangerous thrills. The idea of the standard goon stereotype stalking through the woods like Arnold at the end of Predator was pretty funny though

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 10, 2023

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Psycho Landlord posted:

greater north American Turbopig

Wow this is basically a s*ga all on its own

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/destructive-super-pigs-from-canada-threaten-the-northern-us-180981692/

when will Canadian farmers stop trying to play god

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Oh man I've never seen the feral hogs rpg thread despite being a TG regular. Thanks so very much for linking it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is loving awesome

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol forgot about this

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

womb with a view posted:

Wow this is basically a s*ga all on its own

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/destructive-super-pigs-from-canada-threaten-the-northern-us-180981692/

when will Canadian farmers stop trying to play god

I joke but those things are actually going to be a problem. Fuckin bear pigs.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Almost a decade later, I still adore the renfaire guy with a hundred fancy spices and oils that desperately needed help to make a pasta sauce, then didn't even make the sauce.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723305

BrownPepper
Dec 30, 2017

Did not realize a guy from the Dave Matthews dumps poop on tour boat incident had posted about it on SA. Realized what it was about within a few sentences. That's wild.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I don't have archives so I can't provide links to the relevant threads, but two entertaining things that happened on the forums which I often remember and chuckle at. One wwas the Christmas fundraiser in, I think, 2008, to get beehives for third-world farmers, where the thread was titled DARKEN THE SKIES OF THE THIRD WORLD WITH ANGRY BEES.

The other was when a bunch of goons decided to treat Grindr as though it were a browser-based RPG of some variety and made up character classes like twink or jock or bear etc and kept score based on how many unsolicited dick pics they got sent or something. I suspect in hindsight this was probably pretty mean-spirited but I remember reading the thread and laughing quite a bit at it. At the very least, I'm a bi dude and I found it comical but of of course others may feel differently.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

B33rChiller posted:

Personally, I don't really go out for any of that, but 30-50 feral hogs has something of a bit of truth to it.

Not really no, unless you're a credulous rube

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm a rube, greg, can you hog me?

christ i don't even know what i'm posting anymore

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

christ i don't even know what i'm posting anymore

Sitting here giggling like I’m at the dentist at the intrusive thought “Home of the frog hog”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Captain Jesus posted:

My other favorite was the insane "Yummy mommy" thread where goons were actually posting pictures of their "hot" moms which culminated with Samurai Asspirate posting pictures of his stepmom who he wanted to gently caress and actually made some pathetic moves on (and who also gets frequently confused with Microwave's mom).

Ahaha oh god I remember this. Most everyone in the thread was screaming “NO! Jesus Christ you are misreading this please don’t go through with this” and not only did he attempt to go through with it, he posted the resulting carnage afterwards. I always suspected it was a troll but just remembering it makes my stomach churn.

Iirc his stepmother was disgusted and horrified and the goon was basically disowned afterwards

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 10, 2023

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I refuse to believe that is anything but fake. I don't need to have a sanity hit.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Famethrowa posted:

I refuse to believe that is anything but fake. I don't need to have a sanity hit.

The guy was very convincing and disturbingly sincere.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Sitting here giggling like I’m at the dentist at the intrusive thought “Home of the frog hog”

Great, now I'm thinking "Home of the Frog Hog" too. Thanks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Grassy Knowles posted:

Oh god dammit

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

PYF SA Eddas - Home of the Frog Hog

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Grassy Knowles posted:

Son of a bitch

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Psycho Landlord posted:

PYF SA Eddas - Home of the Frog Hog

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
It blows my mind that there’s a Doobie thread in GBS that is loving 4 years old and it’s still going. People just repeating the same catchphrases over and over.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Col. Tigh leans his ear to the bulkhead, and hears the faint whisper of "Home of the Frog Hog".

"It's in the ship..." He growls. "It's inside the frakking ship!"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BrownPepper posted:

Did not realize a guy from the Dave Matthews dumps poop on tour boat incident had posted about it on SA. Realized what it was about within a few sentences. That's wild.

I think he posted it at least a few days before it came to light who did it too

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol hell yeah. Great stuff.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

It blows my mind that there’s a Doobie thread in GBS that is loving 4 years old and it’s still going. People just repeating the same catchphrases over and over.

is there any new doobie content or is it literally just guys talking about hot dogs or rsomething

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BrownPepper posted:

It rocks. It's a day that celebrated here in Chicago.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

lobster shirt posted:

is there any new doobie content or is it literally just guys talking about hot dogs or rsomething

You already know the answer to this.
Four.
loving.
years.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

hey this is amazing, thanks for the link

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Is there any other funny Imp Zone tales besides the FE reverse recruitment one?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheMightyBoops posted:

The person getting chain probed right now is pretty funny. Why they thought posting in there would go well for them is beyond me.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Doobieisms do make for some pretty strong intrusive thoughts

ASK FOR THEM some kinda pontypool mind virus

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

TheMightyBoops posted:

Less a tale but the AGDQ threads were classics if you want to see imps dunking on perverts with high quality posting

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

TheSwizzler posted:

Doobieisms do make for some pretty strong intrusive thoughts

ASK FOR THEM some kinda pontypool mind virus

The skylock fox comic and the Doom Doobie dance YouTube were the best thing that ever came out of that. Drunk clown-rear end racist Alabama rednecks are less funny these days than they used to be.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Frank Frank posted:

The skylock fox comic and the Doom Doobie dance YouTube were the best thing that ever came out of that. Drunk clown-rear end racist Alabama rednecks are less funny these days than they used to be.

The pico-8 game was funny https://github.com/Doomlazer/Doobies-Dog-House

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

TheSwizzler posted:

Less a tale but the AGDQ threads were classics if you want to see imps dunking on perverts with high quality posting

yeah the imp zone doesn't produce stories per se, it's just really loving funny

the sims thread where TLD makes everyone a sim based off their avatar and makes them live in big communal houses together is incredible

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003887

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lol yeah I forgot about that. Also funny