Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does anyone like MEtal Gear Solid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tweak posted:

why riven

well it's the sequel to myst

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CountryMatters posted:

thank you gentlegoon

I will admit I cannot wrap my head around the concept of roleplay on discord being this deadly serious thing we must not make fun of so maybe this will help explain wtf is going on in the riven (the sequel to myst) thread

for a serious answer "embarrassing" stuff like this can be bad places for abuse because people dont want to come forward due to it being embarassing to do so

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Greetings.

ulvir posted:

this is verging on (well, is explicitly I guess) boring politics poo poo nobody sane should really care about, but is it true that bellingcat was founded by some D&D poster? I recall every middle-aged online person tweeted a whole lot about how everyone had to follow them when russia invaded last year

also re: boring politics poo poo, there was (is?) a notorious SA video game offsite which, due to poor moderation, got taken over by Nazis, where I think at least two posters ended up getting money from Peter Thiel to have incredibly bad Substacks or some poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the classical thread..... you gotta edit your posts in there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Beaten, why for, can't take much more. Here we go, here we go, here we go

Edit1: Nothing wrong with me

Edit2: Nothing wrong with me

Edit3: Nothing wrong with me

Edit4: Nothing wrong with me

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

[james rolfe voice] she was making GBS threads herself to moonlight sonata which, i later learned, is in three movements.

Lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Runa posted:

(removes riven rp permissions from everyone who leaves)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
someone please find, and give me, the YCS gang tag for their disastrously bad plan to "hunt down" pedophiles. the awful basterds one. thank you

i can not find that thread because it was archived, and might have been gassed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lol woot

also that thread is not very funny but lol at one of the responses to "lets CRACK DOWN HARD on shitposting and off-topic posting" being

quote:

this is just gonna cull ycs of the posters who can actually type funny things, leaving the boring and inane posters like myself to let this forum stagnate to its inevitable, impotent death. woot;

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ahead of their time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

*bows respectfully*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im surprised they never brought back this format for qcs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Duke would never do that.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i wish the image on this post still worked, though it's pretty obvious what it's about from the replies, but reading this thread when it happened is probably the closest i've come to the experience of posting on the forums during 9/11

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2532335&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1216#post344276052

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
who the gently caress gives an 11-year-old a pet chicken

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

skeleton warrior posted:

Didn’t he also probe a bunch of people for doubting that duke nukem would be released and would be great? I can’t remember if it was all one meltdown or if it was a pre-nukem meltdown followed by a post-nukem meltdown

AxeManiac posted:

gently caress YEAH! I'm screaming this poo poo 24/7 in the gym, gently caress you all that hate this game, this game is the best. Eat my poo poo, go to hell all you haters. 15 years of my life is nothing compared to 15 years of your lovely hate filled life of nothing but masturbating to anime trannies. gently caress you all, YCS really did suck and you all are left sucking a giant dick and the cum is your lovely posts and you gobble like the homos you are. I'm going to E3 in like 5 hours. With me. Hell yeah, furry bounce house.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Hell yeah, furry bounce house.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the goon whose faith in gaming was destroyed by DNF being bad and never posted again lol

having a long think outside staring at the sunset thinking of the scene of Duke Nukem slapping the wall titties in the alien hive level

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

You're saying this like it's Vietnam or the Vancouver riots or something. As heated and important as the discussion seems to you now, no one is going to look back on this thread in 1, 5, or 10 years and shake their head at how craaaaazy it got.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
lets be real. there are worse ways to go than being suffocated to death by the scent of KFC's secret blend of herbs and spices

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Costco return policy is epic.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think they restricted it for electronics after too many people abused it but back when you could pretty much buy something, go to the service desk, smash it with a hammer in front of them, and get a full refund

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Iirc the stuff that got it restricted was a ton of people doing stuff like buying giant TVs for super bowl weekend and returning it the next day

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*pulls gun out from under the table and shoots them dead*

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

EorayMel posted:

TV/IV mod

possibly an even worse forum than GBS somehow

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
all i remember is that he would post obsessively about like, every single DVD and Blu-ray Star Trek release, including articles detailing them on fan news-sites. that and being a pedophile.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
as bad as TVIV was, instantly nuking the MLP thread and preventing any of it from popping up here ever again was probably a good move

all i remember is that there was a breakaway IRC that started after the MLP thread got nuked with a user in it named "Get_Out_Frog_Pony" which isn't funny but lodged in my brain for over a decade

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: This is Completely Normal: You've Been Warned thread is closed and will not be reopened. There were expectations set when the thread was allowed to return after being gassed previously, and those conditions were not met. This week, things escalated quickly to an unmanageable state, and Lowtax was available to back up the decision to close the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: This is Completely Normal: You've Been Warned thread. We have discussed this with Aatrek, and we appreciate his numerous attempts to get the thread back on track. Like we have previously mentioned, the admins do not see this as a moderation failure because Aatrek was in communication with us and trying to navigate one of the most difficult threads to manage after closing DPPH.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheSwizzler posted:

in a doomed world we have no moral obligations to anything, full license to unleash and indulge in pleasures and pains, to devise modes of consumption once thought unthinkable and too decadent for even the rulers of empires

imagining them saying this to the barnes and noble cashier unprompted while purchasing every volume of made in abyss

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there's a whole subgenre of art on jp Twitter/pixiv of people who make detailed car/motorcycle drawings and it pwns

https://twitter.com/Amommae

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
does that guy really think "big tits" is an interesting enough fetish to confess it to the entire forum

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think they may have been aware that that would be a ridiculous confession, judging by such tonal hints as suggesting that "space tits and rear end" should be a space for intellectual discourse.

trolled again....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Finally..... A saga for the europosters....

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I guess doing something insanely loving stupid is technically a "mental health episode"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The Farmer's Almanac says that a prominent Koala's March always leads to an intense Meltdown May

Many are calling this the "year of meltdown march"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I just want to see the God drat titty skeleton again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Spr you have been epicly pwned. You will be lowered into GBS to be brutally torn limb from limb by the masses. May God have mercy on your ten bux.