Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Wait, holy poo poo, Grover was the Iraq predictions guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

IIRC the 30-50 feral hogs thing came from some American CHUD on Twitter justifying why they needed high-powered automatic rifles. There could be legions of feral pigs bursting into their back yard and messily devouring their children, or something.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

I don't have archives so I can't provide links to the relevant threads, but two entertaining things that happened on the forums which I often remember and chuckle at. One wwas the Christmas fundraiser in, I think, 2008, to get beehives for third-world farmers, where the thread was titled DARKEN THE SKIES OF THE THIRD WORLD WITH ANGRY BEES.

The other was when a bunch of goons decided to treat Grindr as though it were a browser-based RPG of some variety and made up character classes like twink or jock or bear etc and kept score based on how many unsolicited dick pics they got sent or something. I suspect in hindsight this was probably pretty mean-spirited but I remember reading the thread and laughing quite a bit at it. At the very least, I'm a bi dude and I found it comical but of of course others may feel differently.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

LMAO holy poo poo.