Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the op is missing one of the previous sagas threads

PYF Sagas: Maybe Sagas should be a thread at all

please rectify, tia

edit: somehow I missed that the op doesn't have a list of previous threads at all, ruining my joke entirely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TheSwizzler posted:

yeah there was that goon who killed a lot of hogs then arranged their corpses into some kinda gbs catchphrase I think

Dude was insane but I respect him for being willing to hunt feral hogs with a spear rather than shooting them.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

And yet this crazy motherfucker hunted them with spears

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

lmao

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

why would people in the team be paying any attention to a pyf pet pics thread?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I didn't know cats came in a sphere shape

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Frank Frank posted:

Yo we are having a fun old-school video game discussion in the not-sagas thread in SAD. Talking about 90s portable systems, their battery life and the Ninja Gaiden series. Jump right in but mind the 10 loving minute post timer

encouraging brigading... sagas really is as bad as they were saying

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I always thought "the lovely gently caress My rear end" was a dumb Elden Ring joke

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have vague memories of another more recent followup where it turns out the goon backslid and everything turned to poo poo again, but I could be mixing it up with some other saga.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On one hand, I hope that spr is able to get into a better mental space and come back to post (though not as an ik)

On the other hand lmao at Jeffrey awakening from his hibernation to use all the stored energy to deliver a chaos dunk

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

jeffrey has not only given us back sagas but also given us a saga for the ages

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

op carefully lines up a headshot on spr but as they pull the trigger jeff charges in and performs a running suplex on her

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Solovey posted:

thirteen HUNDRED unread messages in the sagas thread

and every single one of them worth reading

wowie !!!!!!!!!!!

I considered skipping the 700 new posts that happened in my sleep because I'd already seen the actual event before going, but I am glad I didn't because there are new harvests of lols coming in every hour

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

How would you even explain this to someone outside of something awful?

i told my non-goon gf about it but she is almost as terminally online as me so she laughed

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

HonorableTB posted:

SPR got a perma

Having been fed a sacrifice, the dragon lays its head down to slumber for another thousand years.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If it was just this one event, I would have said ban+30 (and even wished her well and to come back once she's had a long break from the forums). The fact it turns out this wasn't just a one-off breakdown and that she also did this two years ago is what pushes into perma territory, though I personally woulda gone with the 100k probe.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the last noob contest was fun but it taught me I am very bad at posting in fyad

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My favourite forums saga is zoofights. I miss zoofights.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Problem Sleuth still rules.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I remember the thing that lured me to SA in the first place from my old forum home (a fan forum for the maker of the Jumper games, better known now for making Celeste) was a screenshot LP of Half-Life called lets play half=life 2

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have come to the conclusion that dragon age inquisition is actually a good video game even if the hinterlands suck

edit: I thought this was one of the video game chat threads that I follow instead of the sagas thread that occasionally has video game chat, but I stand by my post

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 28, 2023

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i think it really suffers from witcher 3 existing

not gonna disagree with that

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rags to Liches posted:

Sera is one of the most annoying companions in any RPG, I absolutely hated her

Yeah I do not like Sera, but not in the sense that she is badly written, she is just annoying. The other two rogues are extremely good though so it's okay.

edit: characters I like having around are varric, solas, cassandra, iron bull, cole, dorian. characters less so are vivienne and sera. blackwall I'm waiting to see how it goes when his obvious lie gets revealed

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like playing video games while watching people play video games in another window.

e: Still working my way through DAI. It's a good video game but only if you install a bunch of QoL mods because there is a bunch of easily fixed poo poo like the boneheaded banter time, stupidly long war table missions and looting animations. One of the few exceptions to my "you should play a game for the first time unmodded" stance.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Romancing Solas so I can finally have a complicated hosed up relationship for my protagonist instead of a boring rear end Bioware Romance and also because (spoilers for DAI and also FFXIV kinda) xiv wouldn't let me date emet-selch