Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

It sounds unhinged, but feral hogs are apparently quite a nuisance animal that can get big enough to kill and eat a human. And they're smart. And they tend to travel in numbers.
Like, feral hogs are one of the few legit answers to "what use is an AR-15?" or "why would you ever need one of those?". They shoot lots repeatedly, but the projectiles themselves are too small to be used to legally hunt large game where I live. They're probably designed to ideally be used on mid-sized mammals, like humans or hogs. If you're going to shoot one out of X number of pigs trashing your back 40, you will want to be able to shoot again quickly. Either because you missed the first time, or several of the other pigs are furious at you, and coming to mess you up.

Personally, I don't really go out for any of that, but 30-50 feral hogs has something of a bit of truth to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

This was the best bit to come out of the 30-50 feral hogs thing imo

https://youtu.be/YmPinBcDUao
Holy poo poo
"Why are you British?"

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Maybe some kind of pike?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

hell yeah

now what do i do with this perfect creature i found

Ask a veterinarian what it is, and what kind of food it likes, and if it would like cuddles, then give it lots of all of that.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

some plague rats posted:

I heard that rust marstalis creep had decided it was the proper venue to litigate something I said and, god love me, I just cannot help myself

Yeah, that's the thread for picking fights with you, and this one's forums' court for picking fights with the nefarious sixteen butts

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

look those airlines just hate refunding tickets, and these mai tais ain't gonna drink themselves.

incidentally, trying to get lufthansa to refund tickets to a conference that got canceled, so if anyone has any airline customer service tips, hmu.
Be as pleasant as possible, and roll back to back 20s all day.
Good luck

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Grassy Knowles posted:

We did it folks, we beat the edit record

Forgot edit x* Ritalin is amazing

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Kolby setting goals that I believe we should all easily exceed

kolby posted:

Come on goons, stop being pedophiles. We're better than this

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

what time zone

https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon/schedule

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pentyne posted:

speaking of, I guess Jeffrey is the richest goon? Who else would even be known to be rich like that?

:deadmau5: used to be a goon I hear. He's got more money than sense.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

i am way too cheap to find gambling fun but im glad others enjoy it
Same, apart from an intense few seconds every few years when I stumble across a roulette wheel and place a single 20 dollar wager. Win or lose, I'm done after that. The single time it has actually hit was a great big cheer and whoop sounds, and a real concerned look on the pit boss' face until he saw the meager bet. Then a little chuckle and congratulations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Ok so I've been trying to find this on my own but I haven't turned up what I wanted, I'm wondering if some of the historians in this thread have a better shot at it.

I'm looking for a thread or maybe even just series of posts made by Duncan (aka Triticum Guzzler) in GBS where it was just a series of screenshots from Shenmue with captions. It was really just flaming GBS and the stereotypical goon of the moment and I remember laughing super hard at it. Like halfway into the thread a dude says "That was really funny next you should do one about reddit" and everyone just obliterates him. Now that I'm writing it out maybe it was posted by g0m not Duncan, I can't remember.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3710941
Maybe?
I was thinking of this the other day too

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

yup that's it, thank you

:cheersbird:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

fun hater posted:

why are they named like fighting baseball lol

e: lol

LOL, I was thinking it's got to be a riff on that game. Just forgot the name of it.

What's up cornhole nation?

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 31, 2023

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I agree with Radia.
Jenny Nicholson is great.
I also enjoy Sarah Z and Izzy, especially when they're talking about some aspect of internet culture or Fandom that I have zero experience with or previous interest in. They present their stuff in a manner that's easy to listen to, and Izzy always has a different spectacular makeup and fashion thing going on. I'm a simple guy. I like pretty wild colours.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dear youtueb, I enjoyed it the first couple times, but stop autoplaying Dan Olsen's latest after every other video, thanks.
But please keep up the fall of civilizations autoplay for sleepy time

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Arivia posted:

my youtube is pretty well curated i'm just like NO I ALREADY WATCHED THIS VIDEO ABOUT A GRAYBEARD FIXING A COMMODORE 64, YOU KNOW IT, I KNOW IT, DON'T SHOW IT TO ME AGAIN
U know Fran?
https://youtu.be/sGujfrgfR_U
https://youtu.be/spmbeGHxGWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

pentyne posted:

the idea that good music somehow has an expiration date is wild and possibly the stupidest take you can offer about music in general.

drat, 1920s? lol gently caress off with that robert johnson poo poo no 1 curr

Oooh yeah. The dumbest shithead I've ever had to work with would frequently spout "you wouldn't know this, it's from before your time" at me as some way of belittling me. No guy, those songs have been playing on the radio continuously since you were a teen. I choose not to listen to it because I have been over-exposed against my will already. By his logic, nobody alive today would know any old music. "Johan who? Sounds like sum sorta Euro-[slur redacted}"