Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Silicon Valley Bank, named on of the top banks in the nation last week by Forbes, is dead.

I hope I get a paycheck and/or have a job next week lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
not my problem

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

It's fun to learn about how dumb banking is. When I told my partner he was like "aren't regulations in place that prevent this from happening" and I just lold

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Sounds like an extremely good thing idk

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Tech workers eat poo poo!!

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Al! posted:

not my problem

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Imagine having a bank account in 2023. NFT owners and coin holders just keep on winning :peanut:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

I don't know if I want to live in a world where I can't get $500m in VC funding for my subscription model software-as-a-service aggregator for all the different types of monthly neurotropic lootboxes you can buy for your dog

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Silicon Valley Bank, named on of the top banks in the nation last week by Forbes, is dead.

owned

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I'm glad they made it clear in the name who the bank facilitates so it could be precisely eliminated. it takes a scalpel, not a hammer

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

this is why I put all my savings into a secure trust at Good Boys Not For Assholes Bank. it's too big to fail

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Wow. More like Silly Con Valley

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Like yeah it sucks if you lose your job but if you dont have any savings or assets when you were making 6 figures, thats a skill issue bud learn 2 play

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol Brandons going to bail out the valley

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Terminal autist posted:

Like yeah it sucks if you lose your job but if you dont have any savings or assets when you were making 6 figures, thats a skill issue bud learn 2 play

Sounds like more typical anti-worker sentiment from cspam to me

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol Brandons going to bail out the valley

lmao everybody is going to hate him for it but absolutely this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the discourse is strong today

https://twitter.com/NateWeymouth/status/1634079397102735360

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

yospos vc guy is spazzing out so its going to be good if it collapses

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
2008-II

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

yospos vc guy is spazzing out so its going to be good if it collapses

"If"? Baby that bank is dead, hopefully more to follow

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

honestly don't think a bailout is coming unless it spreads. svb was undiversified enough to where it probably won't spread

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

better to knock a bunch of tech workers out of the middle class than let the working class have any room to negotiate or unionize. someone's gotta work the jobs from the million+ dead from covid i guess

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Sucks for the workers who will invariably bear the brunt of this but

loving lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hoping that deciding to be the kind of computer toucher that has to wear steel toed boots is paying off now

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
:prepop:

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

if anyone's hard right now, Nate Weymouth, it's me

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/JosephPolitano/status/1633976019269955586

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
what will happen to the posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Riot Bimbo posted:

better to knock a bunch of tech workers out of the middle class than let the working class have any room to negotiate or unionize. someone's gotta work the jobs from the million+ dead from covid i guess

bad news for tech workers, great news for every other industry currently ghasping for tech workers

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Biden proposed a capital gains tax hike now that Republicans control the House? Lol that rules.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Riot Bimbo posted:

yep :)

welcome, no you can't work from home

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Al! posted:

not my problem

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The Pussy Boss posted:

Biden proposed a capital gains tax hike now that Republicans control the House? Lol that rules.

Let's go brandon

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Good luck. It's terrifying when a job disappears without warning.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i dont bank with them so i hope it will be okay for me

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Good luck. It's terrifying when a job disappears without warning.

This would be the 3rd time it happened to me so it's nbd I'll just be poor once again for a few years while I learn how to become a lawyer or policeman or sex worker via YouTube tutorials like I did with coding

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

why didnt' people just sell their hats back in those days? we get along fine without them today. everybody seemed to have one. i bet you could've gotten ten dollars for a good hat. what a waste. they just wore them on their heads all day. a little pile of free money, just sitting there on top of your skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

lobster shirt posted:

i dont bank with them so i hope it will be okay for me

It doesn't matter if you do it matters if the person who pays you (or their customers) do. There's a big payroll processor, for example, that used SVB so temporarily had a huge amount of customer funds in the bank overnight last night and woops, now that's all gone and all of those companies just lost their payroll even though they don't bank with SVB themselves.