Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al! posted:

not my problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

reeducation camps exist specifically for this person

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheMcKenziest/status/1634253969831890945

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its the same thing with most college grads, youre basically taught if an entire systems fails you its actually your fault

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Thank God that no matter what, USAA would be the first bank to get bailed out if they collapsed

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Can someone explain where all the money went?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

you kinda suck but i'll be serious: it's unhealthy to think of politics as anything other than an abstract layer of conflict whose efficacy is entirely predicated on the ability to back something up with force, and relative to what is being done to folks just for existing, doxxing a card-carrying bartender and causing social+economic woes to them is honestly pulling your punches a bit too much from a moral perspective. it is kinder than what's deserved.

it's always okay to doxx front of house and front of house-adjacent people, hope this helps.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

NeatHeteroDude posted:

long term bonds i think

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

jerome powell's gaping maw

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lmfao this person sounds obscenely rich and sucks rear end

quote:

I arrived at Google in 2015, right after college, and immediately fell in love with the full-throttle pace. My team combatted misinformation, and our bosses warned us that our mistakes could kill people. When democracy seemed to be melting down outside our office tower, I believed I had the power to help.

also lol

quote:

Today, I log many more hours than I did at Google for an order of magnitude less money. Everything I adore about my new career pushes me to go harder, but it still has the same consequences. I write this at 10:23 p.m., exhausted, desperate to stretch out my seizing back. Leaving tech didnt fix my old habits. Theyre right there waiting for me.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Mar 11, 2023

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://twitter.com/Austin_Federa/status/1634539579985256456?t=VKdwoaBwvydAsuUzkSUs6Q&s=19

Austin Fedora

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Head of Strategy & Communications at @Solana
Foundation | host of @validatedpod
| OSS Enjoyer | federa.sol | Press@Solana.com | Be kind!

Solana is a blockchain built for mass adoption ◎ Fast, composable, green, and globally distributed. Twitter by @SolanaFndn

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

NeatHeteroDude posted:

ten year treasury bills

the federal reserve warned for two years the interest rate was gonna go up and now that the interest rate went up, the old bonds that SVB bought are worth only 60 cents on the dollar, since you can buy a fresh new bond from the government today, with a better rate.

the old bonds will eventually be worth it's original value, in 2030 or so. in the meantime, on Friday, the techbros who benefited from the low-interest loans handed out by SVB during covid, they have returned the favor by withdrawing all of their money all at once. just an old-fashioned bank run.

oh also the other long term investments SVB made in attempt to secure their position are mortgage backed securities. remember those from 2007?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Solana is a blockchain built for mass adoption ◎ Fast, composable, green, and globally distributed. Twitter by @SolanaFndn
lmao. always check the bio

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

NeatHeteroDude posted:

in your rear end

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lmao

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

https://twitter.com/BavidDowman/status/1634585798283522049

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
lol the replies

https://twitter.com/pbmilan/status/1634545196225511425

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

im liking the guys that are turning this into main street vs wall street

doesnt matter what street youre on, im going to liquidate you all

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

tristeham posted:

in your rear end

this town needs an enema

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

im liking the guys that are turning this into main street vs wall street
but they're both the same ?? black rock bought main street

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

That's funny. I have literal nightmares about leaving Google -- took disability during what was about to become a PIP meeting. Tried to work again, was never able to.

Fast Company said Thiel, personally, started this bank run.
https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1634600754848702465

speng31b
May 8, 2010

what will i do with my life without my macbook and coworkers and debugging. gently caress!!

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

speng31b posted:

what will i do with my life without my macbook and coworkers and debugging. gently caress!!

I had a manager once who encouraged us to ship code fast without worrying about testing because the more bugs we shipped, the more debugging tickets he could write up and move across the board, which meant more productivity in the eyes of the execs

software development is so loving dumb

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Bing bong, insider trading!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1634593995182551042?t=tLZQTrUiHWL5DD8EO0szfQ&s=19

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Riot Bimbo posted:

jesus lol i know about the basic marxist idea of class as defined by relationship to labor, and yeah in that way tech workers are in the same class but lol if you think salaried coders are living the same life as people further down making fractions of their income.

There is a distinction there worth making, and it's no shock that is the income level you get people extremely disinterested in anything involving worker solidarity.

Not saying they aren't "workers" in a strictly marxist sense. Of course they are, but if you're pretending you have anything in common with low level wage workers beyond that you're full of it lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
a bank is dead. have some respect

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Mourning the suffering of our greatest wealth generation engine

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I for one am mourning the loss of the demon bank summoned from the abyss

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The bank died because it was too woke. Next time let's put our money into the most racist bank we can find

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

u know it was woke because peter thiel pulled out 😆

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Where are my Thielbucks :razz:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Where are my Thielbucks :razz:

glenn

lumpentroll