Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
keeping wild animals in captivity is really lovely

she gave birth to five calves in captivity and they all died before her, and despite being an extremely social animal, she's been alone for over a decade. but hey she's dead at least which is the closest she ever got to freedom

here is a drone video taken of her a couple years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENkGNBDbWy4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

How many trainers did she drown or maul before she finally kicked the bucket I wonder

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Time to drown the Marineland owners in that loving fish tank.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
There's definitely a connection between this Orca dying and Robert Blake dying. Possibly murder suicide. I don't have all the details.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

EvilJoven posted:

"Contrary to what you may have seen in movies, theme park investors are actually docile, even playful creatures, who have never harmed a human being in the wild or in captivity!"

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

The last time I was in Niagara Falls the tourist brochure had a list of people who were legal obligated to take back their allegations against Marineland. It was loving grim.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

EvilJoven posted:

:hmmyes: I’m mostly against zoos in general but cetaceans in captivity makes me see loving red

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Toxic Mental posted:

How many trainers did she drown or maul before she finally kicked the bucket I wonder

Not enough.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

a dorca, if you will

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

what do you call a doctor who takes care of whales teeth?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

an ORCA-dontist lol

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

i don't get it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No his name is Ahab. Chasing that white sparkling smile... if only these ungrateful whales ever flossed!!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Tilikum was a hero

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

what do you call a doctor who takes care of whales teeth?

Dinner.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Thanks for doxxing me OP

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Toxic Mental posted:

Not enough

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
*while onboarding the whale in 1997*

"hey intern, go lift that whale's genital flap and tell us if its a boy or girl"

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Like, get some friends you loving loser lmaooo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

When do you think SeaWorld is gonna start lobotomizing the Shamus so they're not miserable in their cages

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I guess then they couldn't do as many tricks for slack jawed yokels in San Antonio

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

They'd lobotomize their guests in a giant brain corkscrew machine that drills into their heads as they walk through the entrance gates before they'd ever do anything to impact their cash cow shows

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

They'd lobotomize their guests in a giant brain corkscrew machine that drills into their heads as they walk through the entrance gates before they'd ever do anything to impact their cash cow shows

Not sure they need to lobotomize most of them

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the pitbull of the ocean

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."

Private Cumshoe posted:

the pitbull of the ocean

Me, an orca expert - "these gentle Giants are sometimes called a nurse whale because of it's gentle dispositi" *gets drowned, raped, mauled, and eaten by killer whale*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sorry to hear about your mom, op

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Dog fighters feed pitbulls gunpowder, so if the drat thing hadn't died they could've stuck a claymore down it's gullet and set it loose

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

driftingmouse really slacking lately huh

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

Imagine being a mammal 150 million years ago and being like "I need to breathe air every 4 seconds or I'll die... I think I'm gonna live in the ocean" lmao what a moron

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
i think you'll find whales can hold their breaths for at least 4 seconds tho...

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
more like a dorka XD

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

LaserPrinter69 posted:

Imagine being a mammal 150 million years ago and being like "I need to breathe air every 4 seconds or I'll die... I think I'm gonna live in the ocean" lmao what a moron

I'll just be a little fuckin small as gently caress rat and hope none of the big rear end lizards notice me

Or move into the sea and get big and fat as gently caress and eat seafood all day hmmmmmm

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I wish I was a whale

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

I wish I was a whale

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ELTON JOHN posted:

keeping wild animals in captivity is really lovely

this is all we really need to know

Private Cumshoe