Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Issue: Podima hasn't watched Alien.
Proposed solution: Podima watches Alien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Issue: The phrase "Edition War" has lost all meaning.
Urgency: Low
Impact: Medium
Overall priority: 4

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Kestral posted:

double-standard
... are you saying there's systems or topics that do get heavily moderated for doing whatever it is you're complaining about?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

hyphz posted:

Roll d6:
1) (d6)th edition is best D&D
2) (game designer) is a horrible person
3) wizards are broken
4) PbtA is easy
5) (game company) are horrible employers
6) AI is unethical
code:
 1) (1d6)th edition is the best          D&D
 2) Mike Mearles is    the worst         person
 3) Wizards are        an overpowered    class
 4) PbtA is            an easy           game system
 5) WotC are           a horrible        company
 6) AI is              an unethical      content generation tool
 7) Monte Cooke is     a lovely          Moon
 8) Fighters are       an underpowered   Goku
 9) ^-this poster is   a difficult       Shadowrun
10) <-this poster is   the most ethical  poster
11) v-this poster is   an obscure        polyhedral die
12) Use column 3       riddled with      use column 1

Splicer fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 17, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
There's probably not enough traffic for a wingspan thread but probably more than enough for an engine builder thread. Similarly a worker placement thread.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
"D&D causes brain damage" was a funny little truism when I first heard it. I'm now much older and am more conscious of the concept of punching down. "D&D teaches you wrong, as a joke" is as funny as I used to find the first one and doesn't victimise a vulnerable population by comparing them to D&D players come on you knew that was coming

But seriously not being an rear end doesn't cost you anything and it always baffles me what people choose to dig their heels in on.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Apr 13, 2023

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Though I'll never get tired of seeing people throwing public tantrums over incredibly minor inconveniences while simultaneously accusing other people of being "too sensitive"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Incidentally the netrunner continuation people are redoing their cards to replace brain damage with "core damage" which is a great example of how reexamining harmful terminology can result in solutions that are even better than the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Feels Villeneuve posted:

idk why that even was given a day and personally i find posts like those far less disruptive to a thread than extremely aggressive long rear end tirades which some thread cultures encourage
It's really OK, you don't need to concern troll for jarofpiss. They're fine. Making white noise posts until they accumulated enough negative attention to get another "lol I pissed off the squares" badge was the entire point.