Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Sailing loving rules, it's a stupid amount of fun, and 75% of sailors I've met are piss weak rich wankers with too much money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Progressive JPEG posted:

i dont get it either but its a bit more endearing if you imagine that they're that interested in trains or planes

Not gonna lie I would watch the poo poo out of competitive plane racing through like, canyons n stuff.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Saros posted:

Not gonna lie I would watch the poo poo out of competitive plane racing through like, canyons n stuff.

Competitive drone racing through constructed canyons?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Lobsterpillar posted:

Competitive drone racing through constructed canyons?

no. only the risk of death gets the adrenaline flowing

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Just rig it so the pad explodes when the drone does. Or give the operators bomb collars, Battle Royale style. Problem solved.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

death race 2000

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

I would love nothing more than to put my fist through that bald headed cunts face

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

alpaca diseases posted:

I would love nothing more than to put my fist through that bald headed cunts face

Please don't threaten violence against actual humans, even where they are objectively awful

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I would love nothing more than to gently kiss and cuddle that bald headed cunts face (consensually)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

we wouldn't want Luxon to sustain injuries in a hand-through-face related incident involving SA forums poster alpaca diseases

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

sebmojo posted:

Please don't threaten violence against actual humans, even where they are objectively awful

What about Nazis? I always thought punching Nazis was objectively a good thing?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

*standing in front of the mass grave with a gun to the back of my head* at least I never stooped to violent words

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ledge posted:

What about Nazis? I always thought punching Nazis was objectively a good thing?

yes that's the exact comparison, thank u

(I say this because I don't want the DPS calling me about threats on the prime ministers life or sweaty bald wellbeing no matter how silly, and also I don't want to probe or ban anyone for doing it, so work with me here)

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I will refrain from wishing violence, but instead i hope all their crown cars get replaced with Teslas.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
In New Zealand, it's is specifically illegal to threaten to kill someone - writing it down, naming the person, and describing how is all sufficient. Even if it's Phillips Arps.

I'm not suggesting that anyone in this thread would in fact kill luxon if they had a chance, but the pigs are loving cunts really.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

To know if the law is being broken we'd need to know if forums user alpaca diseases has the power to kill someone by punching them in their bald headed oval office's face

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Sadly not, I probably wouldn’t even really cause him much injury really

But ok fine

Solus posted:

I will refrain from wishing violence, but instead i hope all their crown cars get replaced with Teslas.

I will refrain from wishing violence but instead I hope their crown Tesla gps takes them past a pond

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

publicly, for the record, i personally hope nobody ever harms a hair on chris luxon's head.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

I wish for him, Seymour and Peters to be voted out of office and never come up in public life again or affect any policy.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Varkk posted:

I wish for him, Seymour and Peters to be voted out of office and never come up in public life again or affect any policy.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

no winnie p needs to stick around forever getting progressively drunker and angrier

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

no winnie p needs to stick around forever getting progressively drunker and angrier

Luckily this has already happened

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Nothing wrong with revisiting the classics imo

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

yeah and we ended up with this government. retire, bitch

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The greens have three jobs going at the moment: https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/search/page/0

Two comms support, one in Auckland, one in Welly, and a senior policy advisor based in Welly (despite "senior", these advisor roles are still relatively junior in the scope of public sector jobs, most people who do them are in their 20s).

Posting because there was a goon interested in working for the greens and I can't remember who it was.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

voiceless anal fricative posted:

The greens have three jobs going at the moment: https://careers.parliament.govt.nz/search/page/0

Two comms support, one in Auckland, one in Welly, and a senior policy advisor based in Welly (despite "senior", these advisor roles are still relatively junior in the scope of public sector jobs, most people who do them are in their 20s).

Posting because there was a goon interested in working for the greens and I can't remember who it was.

What's higher than senior? Is that where principal advisor comes in?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lobsterpillar posted:

principal, or lead

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

rt hon advisor

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350222404/how-do-we-judge-6-years-grant-robertsons-ascendancy ctrl-f covid 0 results :thunk:

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

gently caress you for making me click a Damien Grant link.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Taitale posted:

gently caress you for making me click a Damien Grant link.

Convicted fraudster, Damien Grant

E: sorry i should have tagged that you're right

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Lobsterpillar posted:

Got some engineer friends who've commented on this, there's a lot of title inflation going about due to everyone's career drive and obligatory 'promotions'. Apparently senior engineer means little, it's 'pricipal' who's the lead of the team. Gotta ask some friends if it's the same in the coding world.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Serephina posted:

Got some engineer friends who've commented on this, there's a lot of title inflation going about due to everyone's career drive and obligatory 'promotions'. Apparently senior engineer means little, it's 'pricipal' who's the lead of the team. Gotta ask some friends if it's the same in the coding world.

'senior engineer' (or the equivalent 'senior developer') means "someone who has advanced in their career enough to be able to read, google, and understand error messages"*. higher levels than that are more loosey goosey - a dev with some people management responsibilities might be called a team lead or something similar

don't call developers "engineers" though. it needlessly strokes their already-colossal egos

* this may sound like a joke. it is maybe 10% a joke

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's like that at the consultancy i work at as well - "senior" essentially just means you're not new to the company but aren't bringing enough cash in to warrant an actual promotion (principal) that bring benefits with it.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

I've put software engineer on my CV for years and I'll never ever stop

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
The engineers are literal engineers, designing mechanical machines for a big company. Fuckin' everyone I know is an engineer (the guys) or a medical doctor (all the women), it's really skewed my perception of things.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

klen dool posted:

I've put software engineer on my CV for years and I'll never ever stop

see what i mean? the purest of egos

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Lobsterpillar posted:

'senior' covers a pretty wide range of experience

klen dool
May 7, 2007

redleader posted:

see what i mean? the purest of egos

I've done literal engineering as well, making augers and other farm equipment, and both disciplines are more similar than you'd think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
in my view, anyone not driving the choo choo train is NOT an engineer