Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Winston and the OP both looking fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Someone needs to Photoshop a business egg burger. Just put that head between those burger buns cmon...

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

Re: the Greens, there's a solid faction who want the party to be activists and nothing else. They don't want the party to have any ministers in big portfolios at all because then they're bound by cabinet rules. So it's very possible the Greens wouldn't want to form a full coalition government (something they've never done) even if they were in a position to do so, over a cooperation agreement with confidence and supply. Plenty of members would be happy for the party to sit in opposition.

Seriously? Why the gently caress am I voting for these morons then.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
How does a party measure the effectiveness of their door knocking campaigns?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Feels like just losing one portfolio but otherwise keeping your job is a slap on the wrist for what effectively sounds like corruption.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
When everyone was telling him to get hosed he thought it was business advice.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Anti-transgender activist Posie Parker to be allowed into New Zealand
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/486489/anti-transgender-activist-posie-parker-to-be-allowed-into-new-zealand

quote:

After reviewing all publicly known information about Ms Keen-Minshull and seeking advice from other agencies we have concluded that there is no reason to believe that she is, or is likely to be, a threat or risk to the public order or public interest.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO2k-BNySLI

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I don't think it matters if it's potentially correct in context, it's an insanely stupid thing to say in her official capacity. Like, even if tomorrow they publish data that literally proves the statement correct, it was still a dumb and pointless thing to say.

It's honestly exhausting to see the greens throw away votes on an election year.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
There I was complaining about the greens throwing votes away and then this moron comes barging in like a cum colored kool aid man

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Apart from the employees on the ground losing their jobs, which will always be poo poo, why does this matter?

A dying medium continuing to die???

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Chlöe needs to start her own party then I won't have to vote for the greens anymore.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Imagine being tech support for that fuckwit

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Time is an integral component to how modern civilization works, you can't opt out of it and expect to interact with the rest of it.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Let's all meet at Aotea Square and destroy modern civilization.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

klen dool posted:

I don't see why not, you didn't opt into it in the first place.

"and interact with the rest of it" is the the important part of my post.

You can theoretically go off grid and do your thing, cottage core this poo poo up, but other than that your options are pretty limited. Even something like maintaining relationships is hard/impossible. See how long your friends and family suffer you if you never show up to your catch ups on time.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Slavvy posted:

If I could do it all again I would be an IT scumbag.

Yeah we've had a good run but AI will make us obsolete soon. Might need to renew my forklift license, have they automated forklift drivers yet?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
What even is a blue-green voter? Are there really people out there that care about the environment but hate the poor and minorities.

Better keep the planet in tip top shape so we have a great environment to punish the disadvantaged in.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Being constantly reminded that the truth doesn't really matter when it's not timely and social media was an enormous mistake.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
It's called trickle down economics because the people doing it are too old to get a good stream going

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Green MP Elizabeth Kerekere resigns from party

quote:

Kerekere has notified the Green Party Caucus of her intention to sit as an independent MP until the General Election, when she will retire, Shaw and Davidson said in a statement tonight.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
it's wet

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

"Initially, we had rock climbing scheduled. This has been changed to caving."

A parent who said her son's friend had been in the group who entered the cave a day earlier, said he told them the water had been "above their heads" in some areas.

I can see they got a group of the smartest people in the education sector together to come up with this plan.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"Just go to this foreign for-profit company instead" is actually completely on brand for national though

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Imagine being a teen in 2023 and deciding to go into education as a career, what a completely broken individual.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
How does it make y'all feel to see some actually good policy that could help lots of people will absolutely never be implemented...

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

bike tory posted:

There'll also be the usual "well if you pay them that much, where's the incentive to work?" bullshit.

These jobs are so poo poo that if people weren't under threat of starvation and death no one would do them!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Beautiful display of diversity here, young, old and a colored woman. The face of New Zealand for sure.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

echinopsis posted:

who should I vote for

back in 99 I voted for ACT to impress a girl. it didn’t work. now I vote to impress strangers on internet forums

it's not working now either lmao

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I vote greens and probably always will, but if I thought TOP had an opportunity (hah) to get into power I would probably give them my vote. ACT can definitely go gently caress themselves.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

exmarx posted:

top is a centre-right party

Centrilism is often tedious bullshit but "tedious bullshit" is also how I've been feeling about and would describe the Green party this cycle. They both effectively represent my views on the important things: Climate, Housing and better Tax/UBI system so I would vote for whichever one is actually closer to grabbing any real power.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Taitale posted:

They can't both represent your views on housing. Raf Manji is just another NIMBY with his "Chch doesn't need the MDRS" bullshit.

Got a link or quote or something because that's like the exact opposite of their published party policy.

e: Is the joke going to be that he doesn't think Christchurch is a "central city or transit node" so actually doesn't need to follow the MDRS lmao

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"He does not believe that position would hurt the party outside the city as he said the standards are useful in places like suburban Auckland where there are closed-down shops next to train stations."

MDRS for thee, but not for me? smh

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Slavvy posted:

If Winston had wwe entry music what would it be

Imagining that Vince McMahon money smelling meme but it's Winston instead.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
we've run the numbers and a system that provides people with food, clean water, waste management and shelter wouldn't be good value for money so we are herby running on a general policy of progressing towards human extinction

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

On the Telegram app, Gilchrist posted: "Well over 40 drownings this summer so far. Given the jab side effects of myocarditis/heart attacks, and blood clotting, I'm thinking there is a likely link to jabs."

quote:

"I was just asking questions... I don't believe that... people drown for many reasons. I totally disavow that comment, that was made, gosh, 18 months ago - more than that. It was just asking a question. It wasn't actually my genuine belief."

:rolleyes:

"Just asking a question"

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Catching up on months of posts in here, was having a laugh when the thread was in the pre-election final result denial stage.

exmachina posted:

If anyone is a Marmite fan I recommend english Marmite sold here as "ourmate" it is way better anyway.

Also this ^ is the best post in the entire thread, congrats exmachina for being the best poster.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Grim reminder that any of us can literally just drop dead at any moment and you should go hug your loved ones.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Weatherman posted:

I've got twaxter blackholed. What does it say?

Auckland mayoral race: Paula Bennett confirms she is eyeing mayoralty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
"[ACC] just don't care. I said I'll live under a bridge, and she [case worker] is like 'do what you want'," McIndoe said.

:staredog:

I'm sure the case workers are overworked and underpaid but have a bit more tact when you're loving with peoples lives.