Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Lobsterpillar posted:

Probably depends on whether Labour up their game or not.

lol, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Lobsterpillar posted:

A government that will deliver for all New Zealanders? I didn't know that was the plan from National.

delivering cuts to benefits and public services is still delivering!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Lobsterpillar posted:

You know what this country needs? More smoking

smoking may kill a lot of people, but it also helps the government balance their budget, so, it;s impossible to say if its bad or not,

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Saros posted:

It actually costs a lot more to treat people from their smoking related diseases than the tobacco tax brings the in lol. But tobacco companies (big donors!) Make lots of money.

yeah i meant balance it short term

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Serious question though, is there some reason to expect prohibition to work for cigarettes when it didn’t for alcohol and doesn’t for other recreational drugs?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

echinopsis posted:

17. Introduce legislation to restore 90-day trial periods for all businesses.

This means businesses can take on staff over a busy season (eg summer for hospo) and then go "sorry, you didn't pass your trial" when they're no longer needed

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Content to Hover posted:

It's pretty unfair to assume that a party is racist based on it's history, policy and what it says. It would be more fair to complain after the irreversible damage from their racist policy has occurred. Also please be reasonable and pay no attention to anything coming from their coalition partners.

it's also fine and appropriate that Maori MPs have to swear allegiance to the king to be allowed to be MPs

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Progressive JPEG posted:

yeah that got added during the decade of michael jackson mania and it hasn't aged well

don't doxx me

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

redleader posted:

this is all luxo's fault

i thought national were gonna be tough on crime, why is this still happening????

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

just toll every ute out of wellington and auckland.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Serephina posted:

Looking up the definition of Graft

graft1
/ɡrɑːft/
noun
a shoot or twig inserted into a slit on the trunk or stem of a living plant, from which it receives sap.

So National is the twig, the tobacco industry is the living plant, and sap is money? :hmmyes:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

There's no way we'd collapse unless America does it first. Fortunately, America is a very stable country

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

the hills, the hills, the hills are on fire

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Content to Hover posted:

Aren't pallbearers the solemn respectful people

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Saros posted:

Look I'm willing to sacrifice a few workers

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

how did y2k turn out to not be a thing at all but a leap year stops petrol pumps working

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

you don't need to pay attention to call in, all you need is a phone number

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

carrionman posted:

It fucks me off so much that we have this massive white elephant stadium that's turning into a massive money pit and rather than a tiny bit of introspection the council is just "welp, guess we need to increase the rates in a cost of living crisis"

Foods up what, like 50% for some things, my insurance went up about 20% rates maybe going to be similar...

My pay went up 4%.

Don't forget power; I just got an email from Electric Kiwi saying their daily flat rate is going up by about 50% and the kw/h charge by about 30%. Off-peak will be $0.02 kw/h cheaper though!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Weatherman posted:

What shits me is that email led with "we're introducing off-peak rates on all plans!", followed up with and we're raising your per-kWh charge by a fuckload, and then just buried the doubling of the daily charge in the table at the end.

Yeah I noticed that too. Kind of undermines their whole “we’re the socially conscious plucky underdog taking on the big corporate suppliers!” schtick

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

yeah if you've already pushed for a substantial raise and haven't got one, it's time to find a new job. surely with your experience you could find someone else willing to pay you more to do the same thing?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

carrionman posted:

The fun part is it only matters because green voters care. If an act mp did that their supporters would probably praise their business sense.

even green voters will have forgotten all about it by the next election

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

carrionman posted:

More like sir Russell cunts.

gently caress your sailing poo poo, go away and don't come back.

Yeah this

I work in a bar not far from lyttelton and we’ve got the place festooned with flags and model boats and poo poo. All the dickhead boomers booking in to drink Heinekens and watch boats tacking. Everyone talking about it constantly and acting genuinely excited for some loving reason I can’t comprehend

Can’t wait for it to be over with for another year

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Slavvy posted:

The rules include no visitors staying past 9pm, a total ban on group gatherings,

is that actually legal? i thought there was some degree of legal protection for your right to enjoy your rental as your own home. unless you're living with your landlord, in which case lol gently caress you you have no rights, but it doesn't sound like the sort of place a landlord would live

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

uh, isn't the train station in the cbd already

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

also remember that israeli tv guy who treated winston peters like a racist ooga booga tribesman caricature

that was Brian Tamaki

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

It seems to be coming and going a bit. I couldn't see anything while my friends in other parts of Chch were posting epic photos but I got a good look 10-20 mins ago and managed to get the dslr out and tripod set up in time for some shots

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Footpaths and cycle lanes take up space that could be more car lanes, make em all pay