Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

with the moustache and everything?

I call it the tickler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

pencilhands posted:

Sorry for trying to make an interesting topic and not just everyone repeating the same answers over and over.

I'll forgive you just this once

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I just show them the picture of the greasy egghead dude

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

MrQwerty posted:

I just show them the picture of the greasy egghead dude
you made me think of this picture by describing it and that made me think of how i'm wasting precious brain space remembering that and i'm real mad at you now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

butt dickus posted:

you made me think of this picture by describing it and that made me think of how i'm wasting precious brain space remembering that and i'm real mad at you now

:tipshat:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY FILTHY CAVE, I DIDN'T INVITE YOU?!

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
A cop asked me to explain SA which wasn't really funny at the time so I didn't feel right describing it as a "comedy website"

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

BBQ Dave posted:

Neckbeards... neckbeards everywhere...

Buttchocks posted:

Imagine the kids from Hackers, but old and fat.

These two goons get it.

Also: A base for trolls (currently mainly in FYAD), some of whom left to create the infamous 4Chan. And a :10bux: club for people who believe the internet was a mistake. Also the last bastion of political correctness on the internet. And once home to original memes, e.g. All Your Base and Slenderman. "You know, the meme that prompted two tweens to try and ritually murder a child, that one." "Oh... "

Though if your listener doubts the Slenderman thing, give it up, your defensive argument would be completely hosed as the original imagehost-hosted pics are gone, gone, gone (and I've seen it misattributed to Reddit or something elsewhere).

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Mar 12, 2023

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

pencilhands posted:

You cannot mention something awful, the internet, or posting.

am i allowed to mention reddit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

miserable little pile of secrets, op

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Hammerite posted:

am i allowed to mention reddit

:sickos:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Kinda like a smaller Reddit, but funny, and without most of the posting points attribution crap, or the seething rabbiting mass of 'alt right' (i.e. fascist) members. Also we have a smaller proportion of conspiracy hypothesist morons, and a whole lot less other bullshit IMO. Btw the best subforum for hardly any bullshit on SA is called General Bullshit (GBS), got it?

"Plus if you kiss me now I'll gift you a membership, but only if you don't have herpes and there's gotta be tongue involved, and if you're not a woman then you'll have to pretend to be one first to earn your :10bux: gift membership. Here, see if this black leather miniskirt fits you, don't worry about a top.

"After the first kiss, we can discuss your upgrade options."

(At least that's how I might describe us, to, err, a 'friend'... )

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Mar 12, 2023

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I suspect the best reply to this question is the just silently glare back at them until they give up and leave.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i would feign ignorance so that i don't look like a weirdo who knows what a goon is

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
A goon is the coolest person ever. Heck, once you hear about goons, you'll want to be one! The more the merrier! I tell all my friends and relatives about SA. None of them have signed up yet, but if they can post as funny as our "in jokes"... well... LOL

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Alternately, put on one of those cringey videos from the 90's describing the internet.

Keep insisting that "it's all there"

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

BigBadSteve posted:

"Kinda like a smaller Reddit, but funny, and without most of the posting points attribution crap, or the seething rabbiting mass of 'alt right' (i.e. fascist) members. Also we have a smaller proportion of conspiracy hypothesist morons, and a whole lot less other bullshit IMO. Btw the best subforum for hardly any bullshit on SA is called General Bullshit (GBS), got it?

"Plus if you kiss me now I'll gift you a membership, but only if you don't have herpes and there's gotta be tongue involved, and if you're not a woman then you'll have to pretend to be one first to earn your :10bux: gift membership. Here, see if this black leather miniskirt fits you, don't worry about a top.

"After the first kiss, we can discuss your upgrade options."

(At least that's how I might describe us, to, err, a 'friend'... )

text me

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Imagine if in jurassic park instead of eating him the spit saurus hosed the fat computer guy and they had a baby and the baby was really stupid

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cool person who appreciates a good olive

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

Smugworth posted:

Cool person who appreciates a good olive

This. This all loving day

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022
Wednesday I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman who was working at one of my accounts (same account I smoked weed out of a hollowed out slim Jim at with the assistant manager) about how he had thought SA had perished after a certain someone self deleted themselves. He had a very arrogant and superior tone about it as of course he was blaring Depeche Mode and a few choice cuts from the cures disintegration in the store. To me, this guy looked like the goon I always picture in my head, not myself. It was a very surreal moment, like you’re the goon, not me. But alas, I am the goon. From the face value snapshot of each us, I judged a book by its cover I suppose, seeing this middle aged, dorky, arrogant, out of shape, dude blaring cuts from the albums ministry disowned. And to him, I was the total opposite of his interpretation of a goon would be. Has anyone else had this experience before? Like I thought for certain he would be a comrade in pig balls and osha, but had nothing but disdain for the site, and anyone posting on it. (So in essence he was the perfect goon?)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

SmallFormatBlues posted:

Wednesday I had an interesting conversation with a gentleman who was working at one of my accounts (same account I smoked weed out of a hollowed out slim Jim at with the assistant manager) about how he had thought SA had perished after a certain someone self deleted themselves. He had a very arrogant and superior tone about it as of course he was blaring Depeche Mode and a few choice cuts from the cures disintegration in the store. To me, this guy looked like the goon I always picture in my head, not myself. It was a very surreal moment, like you’re the goon, not me. But alas, I am the goon. From the face value snapshot of each us, I judged a book by its cover I suppose, seeing this middle aged, dorky, arrogant, out of shape, dude blaring cuts from the albums ministry disowned. And to him, I was the total opposite of his interpretation of a goon would be. Has anyone else had this experience before? Like I thought for certain he would be a comrade in pig balls and osha, but had nothing but disdain for the site, and anyone posting on it. (So in essence he was the perfect goon?)

:notsureifgoonsay:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

No. I won’t. Never say no. You’re not my real dad anyways, just because you’re dating my mom doesn’t mean you can look at my anime.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

a miserable pile of shitposts

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
If there's a major social injustice it's a place where hundreds of people will bitch about it without lifting a finger

But if a whack job wants to open up a hot dog stand...

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I say, "Big guy, no teeth, ice skates, hockey stick." Their suspicions are usually allayed..

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
One thousand Erlichs from Silicon Valley bloviating at each other

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Imagine a series of spheres on the edge of a cliff:

One has ADHD/Autism, probably undiagnosed
One is an aging computer toucher
One doesn't realise they are trans yet
One has poo poo their pants

Hold that image in your mind.

Now turn off your monitor.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
for real, a while back I asked my son what he thought a goon was and he said theyre the same as those old hobbyist guys who keep to themself to do model trains all day or have a room in their house for just one flight simulator and they have hundreds of insular rules that make no sense and lots and lots of drama

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Your son is insightful and wise.

But name a single broad interest community on the internet that sucks less.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

pencilhands posted:

You cannot mention something awful, the internet, or posting.
Goons are a large group of people who are all fans of a particular site on a particular international computer network. They are also typically fans of a certain gentleman's impressive anal gape.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ReelBigLizard posted:

Your son is insightful and wise.

But name a single broad interest community on the internet that sucks less.

he says "nobody does those anymore but Im glad that its still around" and also said Tumblr was always better for people watching before it became self aware but bets theres really interesting discussions on Something Awful

he also said theres nothing funny about Richard Lowtax offing himself bc he just made things worse for everybody online and got away with it

so speaketh The Millennial Whisperer

:shrug:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

wizard2 posted:

he says "nobody does those anymore but Im glad that its still around" and also said Tumblr was always better for people watching before it became self aware but bets theres really interesting discussions on Something Awful

he also said theres nothing funny about Richard Lowtax offing himself bc he just made things worse for everybody online and got away with it

so speaketh The Millennial Whisperer

:shrug:

Give him an account for his birthday

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Outrail posted:

ppl under 30 shouldn't be on this website. its not proper

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
stereotypes always lean towards the overweight, but there's an equally large goon typology that is and always has been really scrawny, remember that

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Outrail posted:

he said to that "waste of 5 bux but lurking a gardening board sounds cool" and left

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Gary from Venture Bros, pre-glow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It’s getting harder to identify goons by sight alone as we’ve all aged and have been forced to either integrate with society or od on buttdrugs.

That being said anyone wearing a tactikilt at the state fair is a good assumption.