Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

energy drinks are pretty gross but so are pork pies and hot dogs and kissing genitals and a lot of other enjoyable things

edit: also computar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
why is eating rear end so popular

I mean obv because it fuckin rules

but what I guess I'm getting at, is what the gently caress is wrong with us that we like doing it lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

love me some classic echi

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

love me some classic echi

i prefer echi zero, i don’t need all that extra sugar. the taste is the same

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
about 5 years ago, I was like 36/37 or so, my friend had sent me a text along the lines of this

:nws:
lmao so this dude last night was loving me and he was like your rear end hole feels so good but he was loving my pussy!

(it was a bit more elaborate)

I thought it was kinda funny so I shared it with a woman at work, early 30s. she didn't laugh, whatever.

(context: I am the pharmacist and she was my technician, and there was only the 2 of this in the pharmacy at the time, and half the week it would just be the two of us)

next morning I get a call from my boss, turns out she had complained to him about me sharing that.

I called her and apologised, and she was like "just lets keep it professional ok?" and both of us said fresh start and got over it pretty quick

it was a real shock. I wasn't trying to be creepy, I just thought it was funny, it was just highly unprofessional

I really had gotten that far in life without learning proper rules about professionalism etc, and even more so, just that some people are very conservative and just don't want to talk about sex or sex things at all

like, I really had to be explicitly taught these things, or learn the hard way like this. it's embarrassing as hell, and I am lucky I suppose that she just complained to my boss and didn't make a formal complaint or anything.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

*turns can to reveal it was echi classic all along* no nooo noooNooooo *starts vomiting*

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I am really good at saying sorry

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

but what I guess I'm getting at, is what the gently caress is wrong with us that we like doing it lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Armitag3 posted:

*turns can to reveal it was echi classic all along* no nooo noooNooooo *starts vomiting*

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

OldAlias posted:

replicators should be able to make any cool drug you want. if not the ferengi prolly have some hacked versions that remove the limitations

its not so much artificial restrictions as it is technical limitations of the more mass produced replicators. its why people would pay to eat at quarks instead of eating for free at the replimat. his replicators were higher resolution so they could produce more accurate food and also support more complex recipes. he would also combine it with real food.

although i imagine he would probably have his own line of self designed energy drinks recipes that appeal to a wide range of species

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

dogs always have their noses up there, and hell, we aren’t all so different even if we like to think so

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Armitag3 posted:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

echinopsis posted:

about 5 years ago, I was like 36/37 or so, my friend had sent me a text along the lines of this

lmao so this dude last night was loving me and he was like your rear end hole feels so good but he was loving my pussy!

(it was a bit more elaborate)

I thought it was kinda funny so I shared it with a woman at work, early 30s. she didn't laugh, whatever.

(context: I am the pharmacist and she was my technician, and there was only the 2 of this in the pharmacy at the time, and half the week it would just be the two of us)

next morning I get a call from my boss, turns out she had complained to him about me sharing that.

I called her and apologised, and she was like "just lets keep it professional ok?" and both of us said fresh start and got over it pretty quick

it was a real shock. I wasn't trying to be creepy, I just thought it was funny, it was just highly unprofessional

I really had gotten that far in life without learning proper rules about professionalism etc, and even more so, just that some people are very conservative and just don't want to talk about sex or sex things at all

like, I really had to be explicitly taught these things, or learn the hard way like this. it's embarrassing as hell, and I am lucky I suppose that she just complained to my boss and didn't make a formal complaint or anything.

social rules can be confusing, I know. r u by chance autistic m8? I don’t at all mean that in a mean way, but there’s a bunch of things that took me longer to pick up on, like I didn’t understand ‘how are you’ wasn’t a real question for years

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Shaggar posted:

its not so much artificial restrictions as it is technical limitations of the more mass produced replicators. its why people would pay to eat at quarks instead of eating for free at the replimat. his replicators were higher resolution so they could produce more accurate food and also support more complex recipes. he would also combine it with real food.

although i imagine he would probably have his own line of self designed energy drinks recipes that appeal to a wide range of species

even with higher resolution machines if you can create food as such I don’t see how you can’t produce drugs without it being an artificial limitation rather than a technical one

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

no matter what they say starfleet is military and the view of an utopia through the lens of its military is unsurprisingly strange.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
whos to say quark wasnt baking small amounts of questionable narcotics into his food?

quarks replicators almost certainly lack any form of restrictions or they would have superficial restrictions he can show to station management and then disable as needed.

honestly i think the bigger concern would be ensuring you cover every allergen and toxicity across every species that eats from the replicator. like if klingons are deathly allergic to delicious space peanuts, do you prevent them from being replicated at all?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
on lower decks we see that quark has moved to "quark 2000", his own replicator line, because it's said to produce better results than the federation/cardassian ones on ds9

...but of course it's based upon stolen technology from the dominion lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OldAlias posted:

social rules can be confusing, I know. r u by chance autistic m8? I don’t at all mean that in a mean way, but there’s a bunch of things that took me longer to pick up on, like I didn’t understand ‘how are you’ wasn’t a real question for years

who knows man, defo something up with me. based on an amateur understanding of autism I'd say not, because despite what I said, I actually have good interpersonal skills, good at talking to strangers and relating to people very easily

it was just more that my radar for appropriateness wasn't developed properly lol

I think part of it is being raised in a somewhat blue collar home, and concepts like "I'm a professional, I have to dress nicely" is something my mum challenges even to this day

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echi isnt autistic simply due to the fact that he fucks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ive got a 2013 expired redbull in the work fr- :stare:

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

echinopsis posted:

who knows man, defo something up with me. based on an amateur understanding of autism I'd say not, because despite what I said, I actually have good interpersonal skills, good at talking to strangers and relating to people very easily

it was just more that my radar for appropriateness wasn't developed properly lol

I think part of it is being raised in a somewhat blue collar home, and concepts like "I'm a professional, I have to dress nicely" is something my mum challenges even to this day

saying poo poo impulsively and not having a “filter” is a very adhd symptom

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

polyester concept posted:

saying poo poo impulsively and not having a “filter” is a very adhd symptom

probably, but it must go deeper than that for me,

for example, when me and my (now ex) wife opened up our marriage, I was so excited to tell people, and I was generally quite surprised when people didn't share my excitement and weren't jealous lol

I've always had very liberal attitude/perspective toward sexuality, and I've really had to try hard to keep a lid on the things I say, because I now* know almost no no else shares my penchant, and most people definitely think there is a time and a place. lol

spose if you combine that with potential adhd....

* it seems to have taken a very long time to get thru this skull. like a lot of things

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

graph posted:

ive got a 2013 expired redbull in the work fr- :stare:

genuinely wondering if that would be fine or not

it might be! but it might not. lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

for example, when me and my (now ex) wife opened up our marriage, I was so excited to tell people, and I was generally quite surprised when people didn't share my excitement and weren't jealous lol

I've always had very liberal attitude/perspective toward sexuality, and I've really had to try hard to keep a lid on the things I say, because I now* know almost no no else shares my penchant, and most people definitely think there is a time and a place. lol

spose if you combine that with potential adhd....

* it seems to have taken a very long time to get thru this skull. like a lot of things

i don't think that's necessarily a trait a lot of people don't share, it's just that a lot of cultures are much less open about it (particularly americans). but it does have a time and place for sure, and generally that is not the workplace and certainly not coming from a superior

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

genuinely wondering if that would be fine or not

it might be! but it might not. lol

yeah, don't know. but i plan on opening it on its 10 year anniversary

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

being excited about your wife loving other men is something. not sure it's adhd or related to drinking sketchy energy drinks.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

akadajet posted:

being excited about your wife loving other men is something. not sure it's adhd or related to drinking sketchy energy drinks.

to some people it's genuinely not a big deal. don't do this

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

energy drinks dont expire

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

oh this thread gets weird on page 2 huh

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I just had an energy drink that was left in the car overnight

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

I just had an energy drink that was left in the car overnight

:yum:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it's kind of the opposite of an energy drink but yesterday i found an expired white claw we didn't drink from the literal one time i bought a variety pack over two years ago. it was not in the fridge either, so i assumed it'd be skunked

but no, it was fine enough. i don't think it tasted any different from when it was new lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

lol tbh it just didn’t bother me, and in fact it bothered her somewhat that it didn’t

but when I say excitement it was more about what I as about to be getting up to lol.

and yeah I was quite surprised when other people were like “why would you want to fool around with other women? I’m not interested in loving other women”, and I was honestly surprised. I basically just assumed all people would want to gently caress other people outside of their relationship if given the opportunity

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Beeftweeter posted:

it's kind of the opposite of an energy drink but yesterday i found an expired white claw we didn't drink from the literal one time i bought a variety pack over two years ago. it was not in the fridge either, so i assumed it'd be skunked

but no, it was fine enough. i don't think it tasted any different from when it was new lol

canned drinks don’t skunk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Beeftweeter posted:

i don't think that's necessarily a trait a lot of people don't share, it's just that a lot of cultures are much less open about it (particularly americans). but it does have a time and place for sure, and generally that is not the workplace and certainly not coming from a superior

actually the time and the place was 2018, new zealand

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

actually in nz it’s perfectly normal to talk to coworkers about loving and rear end in a top hat/pussy confusion. standard dinner table talk when i was growing up

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I donno, if I wasn't sure that a coworker or stranger on the street would find my marriage arrangements and friend's sexy texts both appropriate and interesting, I'd simply err on the side of caution and find something else to talk about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i don't want to know when my best friend gets his dick sucked, let alone random people i work with.