Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I bet the mystery goon was bigpeeler

Nah he was some skinny twerp anyway what were you doing 18 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Who would do such a thing?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

The less people IRL who know I post here the better. My wife knows, but I haven't shared my username and she wouldn't care to browse SA. I met a kid when I was 20 who had an account but we also never shared our usernames, he was weirdly secretive in a way I guess I didn't understand until now.

There are a handful of SA emojis on my work slack, like :toot:, but I'm very corporate and not cool so I'll never tell anyone why I'm fond of that one.

The Dick Sucking Factory account was a big win for the Slack sales team.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
If there is a millipede arcade machine I want it to have a dual boot scenario with centipede.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

"ehh... basically its' this hosed up place from 1998. it's hard to describe why it's good it's like uh... you had to be there. No i don't post there."

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tUBVU73ziM

Stormy weather.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'd check to see if they could tear their own head off first, don't want to bring anyone here who's tougher than i am

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Probably just show them this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

kntfkr posted:

The Dick Sucking Factory account was a big win for the Slack sales team.

and people say they fell off since the salesforce buyout...

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I’d just link them to the pig balls thread.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
!

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 13, 2023

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I did introduce a few friends to SA and my preface was essentially that the forums under 'Main" are mostly just shitposting and some discussion, but all the other forums have genuinely good discussion.

Without that, people go straight to GBS, click some thread, read the first three pages of shitposts, and think that that's all this offers.

There's other forums?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

GBS - basically Twitter for people who hate Twitter

FYAD - 4chan but for six people

PYF - all your favorite aunts posting memes at once

QCS - useless void of endless whining

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The pig balls is my Teams background.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Nah he was some skinny twerp anyway what were you doing 18 years ago

Reading the front page articles

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

kntfkr posted:

The pig balls is my Teams background.

teams-using rear end bitch

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Entropic posted:

I wouldn't.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Buce posted:

teams-using rear end bitch

gently caress Teams.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
I show them all my hot takes and tell them if they join up they can read my new hottest takes everyday

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
*in an otherwise dark, windowless room illuminated only by the light of a projector

Look. Look at this picture. Tell me, what do you see?

W..what is that man doing to his anus?

*slap* NO! Look again. What do you see?

*Two weeks later*

Now let us try this again. Look at this picture. What do you see?

Hello old friend.

Yes! YES!! You understand perfectly now! Congratulations and thanks for agreeing to come back after the last time.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

“Do you know who Kirk Johnson is?”

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Back in the day I got a friend to read BFC by saying it was like Reddit except that the people who post about their horrible financial decisions stick around and keep posting about them for months.

Other than that, I'd just describe it as the website that had "All Your Base" back in the 90s.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Tite Barnacle posted:

You're talking like I'd ever admit paying money to be a member of this community to anyone.

Every once in a (very) rare while, it'll come up when I am talking with some online acquaintance (who's terminally online but in a twitter, tumblr, and/or discord sort of way).

So I'll say things like "Yeah, I used to go to there!" like we are talking about some sort of long-sunken Internet Atlantis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Smugworth posted:

what were you doing 18 years ago

Going on my first ever movie date to see the Corpse Bride and to Hot Topic afterwards :ohdear: