Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

was a bit slow because i didnt know that hitting continue kept the timer running :/ but w/e i got it. time for s+ lol it's gonna be an absolute nightmare on pro :staredog:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

90 saves wtf dude i played leisurely on standard and only had like 60

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

thats ng+. had 57 saves on my first playthru

----------------

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dongicus posted:

thats ng+. had 57 saves on my first playthru

that makes more sense

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

90 saves wtf dude i played leisurely on standard and only had like 60

i save 3 times on typewriters because i dont remember if i already saved

----------------

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

using an ink ribbon doing a single puzzle and thhen using another ink ribbon because the game is scary...

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
does the remake have chapter breaks

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

does the remake have chapter breaks

Yes, there's no cool prerendered art this time though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

This + quicksaving obsessively in any game where that's an option because of childhood Morrowind conditioning

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

extremebuff posted:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The Dstryr
The Dstryr
2 weeks ago (edited)
What I want more than anything is a skip for the double garrador section. That fight is absolute hell with how many enemies they spawn on Professional.
[22:12]
IIIIHunk
IIIIHunk
2 weeks ago
This is War survival is your responsibility

----------------

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dongicus posted:

The Dstryr
The Dstryr
2 weeks ago (edited)
What I want more than anything is a skip for the double garrador section. That fight is absolute hell with how many enemies they spawn on Professional.
IIIIHunk
IIIIHunk
2 weeks ago

lol :hai:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dongicus posted:

The Dstryr
The Dstryr
2 weeks ago (edited)
IIIIHunk
IIIIHunk
2 weeks ago

This is canon.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dongicus posted:

The Dstryr
The Dstryr
2 weeks ago (edited)
IIIIHunk
IIIIHunk
2 weeks ago

....god...drat it......

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dongicus posted:

The Dstryr
The Dstryr
2 weeks ago (edited)
IIIIHunk
IIIIHunk
2 weeks ago

Lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Dongicus posted:

The Dstryr
The Dstryr
2 weeks ago (edited)
IIIIHunk
IIIIHunk
2 weeks ago

lmfao

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The remake kicks rear end but I still don’t understand why knives are breakable

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The remake kicks rear end but I still don’t understand why knives are breakable

i think its to balance how they double as escape sub weapons now but honestly id trade that away in a heartbeat if i could stab forever

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I think it's because you can parry so many attacks.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

copy posted:

i think its to balance how they double as escape sub weapons now but honestly id trade that away in a heartbeat if i could stab forever

Same

Leadthumb posted:

I think it's because you can parry so many attacks.

I keep forgetting you can do that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

*presses block button too early and dies to chainsaw man* uhhh what cmon dood i totally i pushed the button and it didnt work this is bullshit i pressed the button anyway you cant block a chainsaw with a knife in real life anyway it would cut throught the knife anyway what was capcom thinking this isnt realistic at all

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

Try putting the bong down next time.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

*presses block button too early and dies to chainsaw man* uhhh what cmon dood i totally i pushed the button and it didnt work this is bullshit i pressed the button anyway you cant block a chainsaw with a knife in real life anyway it would cut throught the knife anyway what was capcom thinking this isnt realistic at all

your av:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

The weapon durability nonsense of yesteryear.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

your av:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fungah! posted:

your av:

lol

----------------

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

your av:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

lol

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Leadthumb posted:

remembering when scholar of the first sin came out and the unclocked 60fps made weapons disintegrate faster lmao

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

remembering when scholar of the first sin came out and the unclocked 60fps made weapons disintegrate faster lmao

the frame rate mod for PC DS1 that everybody was using did this too. You could only jump half as far and had half the iframes when rolling and parrying

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

or rather, the same frames, but half the time

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

in resident evil 2 remake knife damage is tied to the frame rateand people discovered that if you uncap your frame rate and use the knife you can kill bosses in seconds lol in re4 i think grenades are tied to frame rate and you can exploit this by pausing the game during an explosion to increase the damage

----------------

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

in resident evil 2 remake knife damage is tied to the frame rateand people discovered that if you uncap your frame rate and use the knife you can kill bosses in seconds lol in re4 i think grenades are tied to frame rate and you can exploit this by pausing the game during an explosion to increase the damage

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

RE4 speedruns have you throwing the nade, pausing on the explosion, changing your frame rate, and then unpausing and pausing through the animation

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ok im really not enjoying the g3 fight

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mycophobia posted:

ok im really not enjoying the g3 fight

that boss is bullshit with claire because her weapons arent as effective against bosses as leons are. dump all your acid and fire grenades into him and use the rest of the ammo for the spark shot if you get the chance you can shoot his eyes out with the pistol or smg to open up his weak point too but i never pick up the smg when i play as claire so i just ignore that. maintaining your distance and moving around him is important too because of the wide hitbox for his attacks with the leap he does being the easiest to avoid. keep at it... you can do this

----------------

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i found the first aid spray i overlooked repeatedly and beat him and have now reached the last typewriter in the game. im going to beat this now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
woot. finally beat one of these campaigns after having owned the game for i guess four years and also buying it twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

woot. finally beat one of these campaigns after having owned the game for i guess four years and also buying it twice

gently caress yeah. Nice work