Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That's game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So close and then almost immediately back to being down by 12

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jalapeno bacon mac and cheese for everyone! (That video is the only thing I know about UConn).

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

So happy! UCONN!

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
despite SD getting within 5 this was just a dominant performance by ucon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I am insanely proud of this Aztec team. They have nothing to feel bad about, even though this probably hurts like hell.

This has been a dream the last three weeks.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
whew, here's to next year :cheerdoge:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

a neat cape posted:

I am insanely proud of this Aztec team. They have nothing to feel bad about, even though this probably hurts like hell.

This has been a dream the last three weeks.

:unsmith:

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Seriously could ESPN have picked a less flattering frontpage pic lol

Never mind the Mongoloid guffaw, it looks like the Huskies are a bunch of regular-sized guys anchored by like an 8-footer

Daniel LaRusso
Sep 2, 2003
Put him in a bodybag Yeaaaaaaah!
What a run for the Huskies! I still can't believe that I've seen them win the whole thing five times now?!?!?! 2023 National Champions!!!!!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm annoyed that northwestern's only appearance in the one shining moment montage was just a one second clip of our dumb rear end coach. show boo buie you meal worms!!!!!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm annoyed that northwestern's only appearance in the one shining moment montage was just a one second clip of our dumb rear end coach. show boo buie you meal worms!!!!!

Northwestern deserved more but I had to have it pointed out to me by a reporter that Mizzou actually did have a one shining second moment, it was like a quarter second shot in a dunk montage.

I'm not asking for more than that, I'd just never have seen it unless someone slowed the footage down a whole lot to find it.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Insertnamehere31 posted:

U
C
O
N
N

UCONN UCONN UCONN

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Kudos to SDSU, any other year against any other team and I’d have been pulling for you. Hell of a run, and all of your fans have been real class acts down here in Houston.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Even in the blue blood days rarely has a team been as absolutely dominant as UCON has been for this tournament. Just so impressive.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Rick posted:

Even in the blue blood days rarely has a team been as absolutely dominant as UCON has been for this tournament. Just so impressive.

Especially in a time when it seems like parity is at an all-time high.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

tadashi posted:

NIL really does level the playing field for college basketball in a way that it won't for football. Can a rich booster and their friends finance 15 guys to play ball is a meaningfully different discussion than financing up to 100-ish players.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

tadashi posted:

I think the parity helped them, especially in the Final Four, since they didn’t end up having to play a 1 or 2 seed all tournament. #3 Gonzaga in the finals was the highest they played because #8 Arkansas upset #1 Kansas.

Part of the tournament is making sure nobody has the game of their life against you, and reaping the benefits when someone goes off against the team seeding said you’d play next.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

rivetz posted:

Seriously could ESPN have picked a less flattering frontpage pic lol

Never mind the Mongoloid guffaw, it looks like the Huskies are a bunch of regular-sized guys anchored by like an 8-footer

Our Large Basketballing Oaf

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power

OPAONI posted:

NIL really does level the playing field for college basketball in a way that it won't for football. Can a rich booster and their friends finance 15 guys to play ball is a meaningfully different discussion than financing up to 100-ish players.

And only like 8 of them even have to really pan out. A playable 5-deep bench is a dream to most teams

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Squashy posted:

And only like 8 of them even have to really pan out. A playable 5-deep bench is a dream to most teams

Hell, you really only need like 2 top-tier players to be a consistent threat.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Kibner posted:

Hell, you really only need like 2 top-tier players to be a consistent threat.

I think you need at least two dudes who can reliably hit threes and a dude that can get boards and dunk.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
The Iowa women showed how far you can get with one elite player and one pretty good player.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

OPAONI posted:

Not even 15 - all you need is about 8 high-quality players to go on a run.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Crazy Ted posted:

Not even 15 - all you need is about 8 high-quality players to go on a run.

Yea, I don't think many teams have a rotation past 8. Extremely lucky teams will have 9 or 10, but sometimes having a rotation that big just means your starters aren't very good.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kind of wild that one extremely good player isn't even enough to get you to the tournament at times (Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz and Anthony Edwards all failed to do it, or would have failed to do it had their been a tournament in the latter case).

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Kind of wild that one extremely good player isn't even enough to get you to the tournament at times (Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz and Anthony Edwards all failed to do it, or would have failed to do it had their been a tournament in the latter case).

I know I posted about this before, but in 2020/21 season, ISU had Tyrese Haliburton, a guy drafted 12th in the draft after that year, and they won 2 games all year. They were so very bad.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

I know I posted about this before, but in 2020/21 season, ISU had Tyrese Haliburton, a guy drafted 12th in the draft after that year, and they won 2 games all year. They were so very bad.

Goddamn, I thought Texas getting bounced in the first round with Kevin Durant was the apex of underachievement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
An underrated program failure is Weber State never winning the Big Sky with Damian Lillard.