Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's a good one Edward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I dig this matchup Edward. and I don't mind saying the finale of ADR puts it over the top. There is no implication that I endorse any of these people and there never will be.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was technically ric flair but spiritually barry windham had the final legitimate nwa world title reign. after that it was all dead bullshit. it probably felt very important to him too even past its expiration date considering he was never allowed to win the 2 or 3 times he could have easily run with it. it feels sad and worthy of recognition in some way

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 21, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edited to pump the numbas i lowballed it. thanks for doing taht

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 21, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edge really did the exact opposite of tony schiavone, in his life and career

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to be interested to find out which Big Gold Belt Reign was the Best in this Tournament

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is one of flair's big 5 and will be pretty hard to beat even if you consider it last place of those. i'm not sure meself

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Come off it!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The king.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kind of feel like every wcw title reign after the benoit vs sid match was like "oh well who gives a gently caress then" even to the people doing it. i guess they had started to rehab it right before the sale but w/e

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's a winner

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hmm. not good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

we're going to need to keep a record of people who voted for glenn jacobs on here.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

tpugh one. (jk)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't like almost all of these even any amount at all. you're pranking my rear end

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i liked the cena reign more. i disliked it less. batista is better. that's the whole story

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That reign sucked lol. wth

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rip barry

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in hindsight steamboat's sole reign was insulting and very bad. the wrestling and gates during the time were keen however! it's an odd one to score and i suppose it's fine that one of the ric flairs will defeat him. thanks a lot.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

syzpid posted:

I went to a WCW House Show in 91 during Flair's run. The main event was Flair Vs Sting in a steel cage (to keep the Horsemen from interfering) with El Gigante as special guest referee. Apparently they ran the same general storyline on a bunch of house shows. Pretty much during the card El Gigante would get attacked by the Horsemen which kept him from being ref. Flair and Sting did their normal thing and hit all their normal spots during the match. The horsemen would run out and break into the cage, keeping Sting from winning. El Gigante would run out in his Ref Attire, clear the horsemen out of the ring, Sting would pin Flair with Gigante counting the pin and everyone would act like Sting just won the match and the title. Then I turned on WCW Saturday Night and Flair was still the champ with absolutely no mention of the match. I was annoyed as a kid and I am still annoyed to this day.

Voting for King Booker

absolutely disgusting. i've changed my vote to king booker

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

since they're both very bad i'm voting for hulk hogan because kane the man as well as the character said something extremely heinous and harmful as a person but even moreso as a political leader yesterday. sorry to bring that into it. the vote is a big deal however

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

flick hair

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this is up there with favorite wcw title wins but it mostly makes me wish luger's second one had a reign to go with it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the loss and win are like 2% of it. goldberg vs ddp, vs sting on nitro, lots of exciting stuff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bryan had to do little annoying guy promos and highly annoying little guy matches. it wasn't amdrag. simple as. if you disagree you're right. i paologize

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

hehe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

who did you decide to pick? who do you decide to pick if you didn't pick yet?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's been a wild ride, here on space mountain.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you've all made a fool out of the championship. for what? feeling good? smiling?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ricky wins by 11 votes either way. reign was nothing. nothing reign wins. just to make all kinds of people have a wonderful day, week, month, or even their year

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i papologize. it's nearly time for a big one. it means a lot in this industry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i may have forgotten to cast my vote, because i could have sworn that i did vote and never came to reaffirm, but i'd like to say that gushing about ricky steamboat when you hate ric flair is like showing off pics of a custom lego set built by the worst guy in the world, and loving it and enjoying all the time you spent watching that guy build it. just kidding. congrats to absolut pretty ricky.