Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
I checked out a wiki for this game and the balance does indeed seem interesting to say the least. That said, I do like how the game introduces the story you get a supernatural event and political intrigue to start you off. I don't know if the story will deliver, but the concept of having both a supernatural event and a more down to earth political intrigue is a good hook at least. I'm less amused at the game dropping you off in a death-trap to start off the gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
Getting a weapon skill as a minor instead of primary skill and dodge as a primary instead of misc skill will cost you about 20 percentile points chance to hit if I understood the game right. If your chance to hit is something low like 40%, that 20 percentile point drop would halve your chance to hit and it did look to me like you don't hit that often early on. Well, at least the dungeon is still doable with a poor build.

Crystalgate
Dec 26, 2012
If the AC system of this game works like I think it does, then the zombies and especially liches are a ridiculous step up compared to earlier enemies. It feels like the material requirement to hit liches doesn't matter that much, if you don't have progressed your character to the point where you have a sufficiently good weapon, chance is your probability to hit them would have been the minimum 3% anyway. We have an early game dungeon with what should be medium and late game enemies put into it.