Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

YggiDee posted:

Are you planning to tackle the Betony demo? I was, like, eight when that came out and playing that for months has probably irrevocably destroyed something important in my brain.

I also did this. I played it more than I did the full game when I got it.

Also getting levels/the best armor/weapons in the game is super easy. Go to a shop that has a wall between the entrance door and the shelves to buy/sell stuff. Attempt to steal everything you can, which will summon hundreds of guards (HALT! HALT! HALT! HALT!). Of course their pathing means they can't actually get to you because there's a wall in the way, but you can still attack them through it for whatever reason. Enjoy your hundreds of corpses filled with loot. As you level up (from doing this) they will eventually be dropping daedra equipment.

I figured this out playing the demo and would spend hours seeing how many guards I could get to spawn then killing them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

One thing I do remember is the dungeon you start the game in being a nightmare to get out of. The game actually came with a flyer for the strategy guide, which included a walkthrough to get out of it. It was pretty clearly a case of 'you would have never even gotten out of the starting dungeon without this, you should definitely buy the guide for the rest of the game!' I think? you have to go through a secret door just to escape it, and I remember that there's an imp on the way out that you can't even hurt without the appropriate weapon type.