Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Ape Fist posted:

Whatever about Hyde's personal (lovely) politics, this is 100% what happened and is why Heidecker went after him so furiously. I remember watching World Peace in the beginning and was like 'This is like Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! but unironically funnier. Tim Heidecker is going to be pissed as gently caress if he sees this.' And he was. I don't even think Sam Hyde was even particularly inclined towards being 'Right wing' in the beginning but he obviously courted that kind of 4chan-like shitposting humour and I feel like after Heidecker ruined his career he was just like 'Ok whatever I'm just going to lean into it now because its going to continue to get me views.'

Sam Hyde basically said his career got ruined by Jews because they were jealous of him which is the same thing Hitler said about art school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Luckily idubbz did a doc on sam for those who don't know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jTdu3FI7vo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

doomisland posted:

Tldw

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Sam did his own counter documentary thats an hour longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn52d_vTtSk

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

doomisland posted:

I dislike idubbz and sam so no thanks.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe he would do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys6CTyykCkY

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Asteroid Alert posted:

Please enlighten me, how was Sam Hyde (and Million Dollar Extreme) perceived pre-2016? I know they went full hog during the World Peace era, but I want to know where did it all start from?

And how does Sam keep getting away with it?

Are you talking about Sam Hyde the heavyweight boxer? I think his defeat of Thompson with a decisive third round knockout silenced the previous critics, and brought fresh attention to the pugilistic artform.

Oh, and I used to laugh at the Officer Maggot sketch.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
*rides into thread on a motorcycle*

I don't care about any of this.

*kickflips*

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cubone posted:

*rides into thread on a motorcycle*

I don't care about any of this.

*kickflips*

wtf!!!!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

doomisland posted:

im not familiar with idubbz but this was watchable

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A one hour video about Sam Heil? No thanks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In 2011 this one dude used to post MDE videos in goontube

That's all I got

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Sam, Hyde my balls

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Zeluth posted:

The guy was a scientist who got high on his own supply.

Number 5, never sell no crack where you rest at
I don't care if they want a ounce, tell 'em bounce!

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

XYZAB posted:

His TEDx talk is still gold all these years later, despite him going total turbo doofus or whatever. He sort of fell off the map for me not long after.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmicRDpS5Gk
the first ~30 secs up till he laughs at his own joke is funny but he got no material for the rest of it and it sucks

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The guy is funny but he also believes "the jews" created the covid vaccine to control the populace, unironically

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Ideas Man was good and has a great soundtrack, but yeah Hyde's either a nazi or happily caters to them so no thanks.

The other guys in mde were funnier anyway.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

idk who that is, op

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

my favorite comedy bit of sam hyde is when he is sitting on a couch reading a jewish newspaper and saying funny comedy things about it. its a really cool, kinda off-beat sort of comedy

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He’s an unfunny Nazi.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
The debate rages on

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Nick Rochefort does real estate review streams on Youtube now and they're pretty funny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He’s an unfunny Nazi.

As opposed to all those funny NAZIS??

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

MullardEL34 posted:

real estate review streams

what does this mean

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Chief McHeath posted:

idk who that is, op

he's the other guy from Caroline in the City. Not Dell. The other one.

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

Nigmaetcetera posted:

He’s an unfunny Nazi.

Reported for derailing and making this poo poo about lowtax

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

doomisland posted:

Sam did his own counter documentary thats an hour longer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn52d_vTtSk

"we owned him hard"

then this idubs fella sees through it immediately

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

MullardEL34 posted:

Nick Rochefort does real estate review streams on Youtube now and they're pretty funny.

Nick is a different story, he is genuinely one of the funniest people I've ever seen. They are friends, but from what I know about MDE; Nick and Charls don't share Sam's more controversial views. I've never seen them say anything as crazy as some of the poo poo Sam says, and Charls was really upset for a long time about the poo poo Sam was saying on twitter that got their show cancelled.

This is a lot of dumb lore for idiots, but Nick deserves respect for consistently being a smart, funny guy who has been the only thing that kept their group together while Sam was having a bipolar meltdown getting their show cancelled by self-fulfilling prophecy

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 17, 2023

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
First thing I saw from him was the TEDx talk, and it was pretty funny. The fake car audio commercial was good too, as were the videos where they went to car meetups and made fun of people. Even 'Moms' is hilarious, even if it is the most mean-spirited humour I've ever seen. I think it was only once I started seeing his 'standup comedy' videos that I started to realize "oh drat this guy's a nazi."

The show had some good moments too, it was funny and even artful when it wasn't doing some awful punching down like the 'The Wall Show' sketch. I wish they'd done more of that and less of whatever Sam started doing with cellphone videos.

He's deffo an actual white nationalist, there's nothing ironic about it (not like that matters). Apart from the photos someone linked above, he's also donated money to the legal defense fund of the Daily Stormer guy.

Crespolini posted:

Oh, and I used to laugh at the Officer Maggot sketch.

Me too :(

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I plan on carrying on his legacy by never saying anything funny on purpose

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tom "Gay" Paris, France

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Mister Speaker posted:

The show had some good moments too, it was funny and even artful when it wasn't doing some awful punching down like the 'The Wall Show' sketch. I wish they'd done more of that and less of whatever Sam started doing with cellphone videos.

CEO Eric Hayden was constantly playing in my head at a time when I had a really bad boss at a previous job.

MullardEL34 posted:

So he does! Last time I looked he was running and operating an antique shop

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

toiletbrush posted:

the first ~30 secs up till he laughs at his own joke is funny but he got no material for the rest of it and it sucks

hey man look i think the guy's a total doofus too but the buildup and payoff for his "That student's name... Albert Einstein" joke is objectively hilarious in the context of an ostensibly serious TEDx talk and i'll die on this hill motherfucker

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

one of the MDE guys posted their early videos in GBS in like 2008 or 9 and they were pretty shameless tim and eric ripoffs at that point

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
he's pretty good at satire around white nationalism to the point that its racism but also comedy just kidding

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I will honor the memory of Sam Hyde by being a bloated unfuckable weirdo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait so is he some random character so one of those solid snake games. Never played them, but from what I've seen they seemed pretty big on doing over the top "cool" spy names.

They were all meant to be parody right?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lit - My Own Worst Enemy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7DaVSdvEfQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!