Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
I keep expecting it to bend back the other way underneath him while he's standing there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Who's watching these prelims? Is it true what the commentator said, that "it wasn't really a choke". I'm just a dumb purple belt but it looked like a short choke on the chin, right? That can choke you. No?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

muhammad mokaev going to retire undefeated from the ufc

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

How the gently caress is there not a medic in the ring right now

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

CarlCX posted:

congratulations on trading an unranked win at flyweight for a functioning leg

maaaaaaan his shoulder is hosed too

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

COPE 27 posted:

How the gently caress is there not a medic in the ring right now

theyre all preoccupied trying to pack Malcom Gordon's liver back into his urethra like a blunderbuss, presumably

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

DoombatINC posted:

it's still the preliminaries and its completely hosed from toe to tip

just wait for a low kick to blow Usman's knee or some poo poo

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
https://twitter.com/ConOfCombat/status/1637174999273406467

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Brut posted:

AAAAHHHH

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i would like to see the tall lad get slept, ty mma gods

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
Commentary talking about a hypothetical hug that didn't happen this fight, meanwhile a fighter got knocked down and they don't even mention it

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
uhhh holy poo poo

Aye Doc posted:

LMAO

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress

And WTF MARC?!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Aye Doc posted:

thanks

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

ahahahahahahahaha

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

goddamn I didn't think he'd be able to get to patterson's chin that fast

also holy poo poo how much leeway are the refs going to give british fighters tonight

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

holy poo poo he's still fighting

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
drat, he got flattened

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

holy loving poo poo

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
After he landed 4 enormous hooks in a row with no defense on the ground, that was the time to rip him bodily off the dying man. Not 20 more punches later.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

there was just that other KO where the guy fought the ref too

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CarlCX posted:

also holy poo poo how much leeway are the refs going to give british fighters tonight

with the rate the chaos and violence is escalating at, kamaru usman is going to decapitate leon edwards and throw his head + spinal column into the crowd and then have to topple his zombified body to get the TKO win

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dropped bombs on him like he was a school in the west bank

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?

henkman posted:

Dropped bombs on him like he was a school in the west bank

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Trillhouse posted:

holy poo poo he's still fighting

his conciousness was in the universe where the fight was still going

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the venezuelans are gonna be so proud of this dude that was picked to get knocked out by the young prospect

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
drat it Morales your opponent was just doing the chicken dance in front of you stop waving your loving finger in the air and punch him!

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

great fuckin' first round tho, wild as poo poo

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Did Duncan get literally anything done with his TD attempts in round 3? I lost focus and tuned in and out

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

30-27 morales??? did i hear that rigth

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Did Duncan get literally anything done with his TD attempts in round 3? I lost focus and tuned in and out

Not really, but it's like Morales was punching from bottom, so it was still a pretty clear round.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

IDK, I feel like they were stuck in a neutral-ish position for 4:30 with nothing happening and then in the other 30 seconds Morales was selling out on terrible strikes but landed a few of them clean and heavy.

It's different than the back control in Makhachev vs. Volkanovski, that's a dominant position with actual control even if he did nothing with it.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

It was a mistake for Jack move up imo

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!
I dunno if ESPN is getting the between-rounds feed but Shore said "Popped my toes out on the takedown" as he sat down

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

IDK, I feel like they were stuck in a neutral-ish position for 4:30 with nothing happening and then in the other 30 seconds Morales was selling out on terrible strikes but landed a few of them clean and heavy.

It's different than the back control in Makhachev vs. Volkanovski, that's a dominant position with actual control even if he did nothing with it.

It's not a neutral position when one of them is the one forcing the position and the other one is waving his hands at the ref with begging puppy eyes.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

What the hell does Amirkhani's training look like that he still has cardio that's this bad? It's been a consistent problem for his entire UFC career.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Brut posted:

It's not a neutral position when one of them is the one forcing the position and the other one is waving his hands at the ref with begging puppy eyes.

Sure it is. One is attacking and one is defending, but nothing is happening and the position doesn't allow for any offense because the attacking guy needs to use both hands to hold the position.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Shore enough.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lol that "let's loving go" got through the censors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Sure it is. One is attacking and one is defending, but nothing is happening and the position doesn't allow for any offense because the attacking guy needs to use both hands to hold the position.

I get what you're saying but successfully defending is getting up, which he couldn't, so the attack is considered under the "effective grappling" part, no striking is happening is not the same as nothing is happening, MMA includes grappling.

I mean I guess if 10-10 rounds were actually a thing, I wouldn't say an argument for that is unreasonable, but still in reality they are not a thing and judges pick someone to win the round, it's not gonna be the fighter on the bottom in situations like that.

Brut fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 18, 2023