Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
A lot of people have posthumously canceled Michael Jackson, for understandable reasons. I'll say the only song I've listened to by him lately would be "they don't care about us." That song made such a statement in its time and is still relevant today. I just can't erase it from my memory. Otherwise any time Michael Jackson music comes on I kind of cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I never listened to Michael Jackson's music and I don't know anyone that did.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

One of my co-workers will occasionally have a song or two of his play on the playlist but other than that I do not still listen to Michael Jackson’s music, op.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012
Dirty Diana is a jam and idc how much Corey Feldman dick it took

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah sure why not

edit: Oh no

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

This is a complicated question because I think he personally was a monster but we can't ignore his humongous impact on music and pop culture. So I no longer listen to his music but I try to incorporate his mannerisms into my own and moonwalk everywhere. Shamone! Hee hee!

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Annie are you OK the man in the mirror looks a bit pale

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta be startin' something!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol @ posthumously cancelled

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

yep lol all the child grooming stuff came out like 20 years before he died

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

yep lol all the child grooming stuff came out like 20 years before he died

lol yeah. mans was first in court over this poo poo 30 years ago

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

anyway obviously yeah his music still loving rules

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Yes, especially Beat It for that guitar solo. Quincy Jones is a fuckin genius.

Imagine any album being released today that has anywhere near the impact of "Thriller". It will never happen again.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Because, this is Tuna! Tuna fish.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

that one alien ant farm cover was a belter

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Thriller is a real good fuckin album and I stream it from time to time

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I only listen to his stuff he made before he started molesting. Other people like quincy jones and louis johnson made it anyway.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Michael Jackson always struck me as one of those artists that was like, objectively good, despite the fact that I personally never liked anything that they made. He was certainly a talented, albeit extremely hosed up, man.

Cacator posted:

This is a complicated question because I think he personally was a monster but we can't ignore his humongous impact on music and pop culture.

Not saying that Michael Jackson was a saint that should be forgiven for all of his transgressions or anything, but I always think of Joe Jackson as the monster in his whole situation.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

diud u guys know michael jackson did the music for sonic 3

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I only listen to video game music OP so yes, yes I do because my favorite video game is Sonic the Hedgehog 3

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
he's dead and thus can't assault children anymore so idgaf, thriller is a bop

olives black fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 16, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Pretty much every single musician/actor/athlete/overall famous person you may like is probably also a huge piece of poo poo just saying

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Annie, are you OK?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

hes a diddler and a dangler, hell no

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

haljordan posted:

Pretty much every single musician/actor/athlete/overall famous person you may like is probably also a huge piece of poo poo just saying

as long as your enjoyment of their art doesn't aid and abet their piece of poo poo behavior go hog wild, i say

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

"but the kid is not my son" sure hits differently now

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Choose wisely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEhh_XpJ-0

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Peggy Edson posted:

diud u guys know michael jackson did the music for sonic 3

Google Sonic Sounds to find out more

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol @ posthumously cancelled

If anyone cancelled Michael Jackson, it was Conrad Murray.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Solefald posted:

that one alien ant farm cover was a belter

I think that whole album was actually pretty good but I was prob 15 the last time I heard it so who knows

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I'm about to go donate plasma and I'm going to listen to Alien Ant Farms 2001(maybe I'm guessing) album ANThology which includes the cover of MJs Smooth Criminal while sitting there and I'll report back

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

If I were to virtue check everything I listened to and watched I'd have very little to entertain me. Humans are humans and I accept that people can do good things and bad things. The two are not inherently connected.

Yes, I listen to MJ.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Guy owned a monkey. That's very unusual. A real curveball.

I don't know!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I think I am actually more familiar with the Weird Al versions of his songs than of the originals. Except for maybe Thriller. Great video.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i like the first three jackson 5 hits that are all basically the same song (i want you back, abc, the love you save) because a) that one song is so good it was 3 different number 1s, and b) he was like 12 and if anything the victim at that point

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't change the station when they play Billie Jean on the radio

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Revins posted:

I'm about to go donate plasma and I'm going to listen to Alien Ant Farms 2001(maybe I'm guessing) album ANThology which includes the cover of MJs Smooth Criminal while sitting there and I'll report back

it holds up imo. Attitude is a good tune

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Michael Jackson shot a bullet into my forehead.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

did michael jackson rape a bunch of children? yeah. but on the other hand, so did phil specter. sorry what was the question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Medium Chungus posted:

Dirty Diana is a jam [...]

It's really interesting how he vocally phrased the "dirty Diana" part of that song. Listening to the isolated vocal track, as I so often do, you can clearly hear it sung as "durrr-dee ni-ann-ahh".

The emphasis on "dee" from "durr dee" does two things - it creates an implied "tee" sound, which causes "durr dee" to sound like "dirty", while also making the "ni" part of "ni-ann-ahh" sound like "di" as in "dye" instead of "ni" as in "night" (although the "ni-ann-ahh" IS clearly being sung with "ni" sounding the way you pronounce the last name of Bill Nye or the ni in "night" ).