Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
according to my spotify history i listen to gary glitter more often than i listen to michael jackson.. and he was a REAL nonce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Zugzwang posted:

I still listen to Michael Jackson, but not Kanye or Chris Brown. While Jackson's crimes were worse, the latter two are still alive and actively insufferable.

Yeah I definitely can't listen to Kanye anymore. Shame because I really did used to like his music.

What about R Kelly? Remember tapped in the closet lol that was funny as poo poo. I haven't watched it since I was like 16 though so idk if it holds up

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bobby Fingers, aka the best youtuber, just uploaded a new video 40 minutes ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHi479xN_po

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Is R Kelly still trapped in the closet?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Somebody should let him out

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Treecko posted:

Is R Kelly still trapped in the closet?

He's trapped in a prison cell now.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

lol gary glitter just got sent back to jail b/c the first thing he did after getting out from an 8 year stretch was search on his phone for how to get to the dark web

gotta hand it to him,

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
So wait I thought the consensus in more recent years was that maybe he didn’t touch any kids? I don’t keep up with it but….???

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Toxic Mental posted:

I just watched this too and came to link it. Incredible stuff.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jackson owns.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you :filez: it you don't support a lovely person.

I stopped listening to Crystal Castles tho

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I never cared much for Michael Jackson or his music when he was alive. But if they play his stuff on the radio I won't turn it off either.

everybody watch this:

Toxic Mental posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHi479xN_po

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

jacko sounds good slowed down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB-kBQda8Uw
should have given this a hi pass filter though, its fuckin up my speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVjWK0wb7PQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoA4HALD5UY

idk whether or not viewing those videos causes the beneficiaries of his estate to be paid money
michael himself gone to his reward of course, too many weird drugs

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 17, 2023

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
watch the bobby fingers video before commenting further itt please

not because it will change what you think or say, i'm just doing you a favor

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

lol gary glitter just got sent back to jail b/c the first thing he did after getting out from an 8 year stretch was search on his phone for how to get to the dark web

gotta hand it to him,

The Vietnamese government had a clean shoot and they didn’t pull the trigger. Someone in the Politburo must have really been into glam.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
music? eh whatever. i prefer the Michael Jackson who was as well versed in malt whisky as he was in beer

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

the Spain Virus posted:

In my '90s, he was always known as that creepy-looking pedophile and was never anything but a punchline to edgy jokes.

Same TBH.

Dude was nothing but an easy layup for weak comedy throughout my stint as a tyke in the 90s. I think people started banning MJ jokes in comedy clubs cause it was so overdone at that point.

Never knew the Golden Era MJ until the post-mortem years, which lasted that little stretch in the '10s until the documentary came out to remind us that oh yeah, he's still a huge piece of poo poo.

But I dunno, people gonna people and most haters tended to be bandwagon jumpers, both at the time and currently today. He's become that awkward cough and pause in the room for most convos these days I find.

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you :filez: it you don't support a lovely person.

^^^^ winner winner chicken dinner

White Light fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 18, 2023

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin
yes and listening to coldplay tonight, op :cheers:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

hes a diddler and a dangler, hell no

Tell us about the dangling.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
wanna be postin' somethin'

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The kids in the Smooth Criminal video come on.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Szyznyk posted:

The kids in the Smooth Criminal video come on.

This is a very dangerous combination of words when talking about Michael Jackson

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Do you think mj went to epstein land or did he have his own island?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Mr.Acula posted:

Do you think mj went to epstein land or did he have his own island?

Neverland Ranch. The zoo, the amusement park, the Adult Alarm.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was watching some old 80s TV recordings with the commercials about 10 years ago and the "Pepsi Generation" commercial played with MJ and kids dancing in the streets. Nearly 25 years since that commercial came out and seeing the adoration of the man commercial reminded me of how massively beloved and popular he was for that window of time. The fiction of that commercial was a good insight into the pop culture status of the man. Pretty much every demographic just liked him.

Even metal fans seemed to regard him in positive light and they hate people who are the wrong kind of metal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mexican willie
Mar 17, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Michael Jackson always struck me as one of those artists that was like, objectively good, despite the fact that I personally never liked anything that they made. He was certainly a talented, albeit extremely hosed up, man.

Not saying that Michael Jackson was a saint that should be forgiven for all of his transgressions or anything, but I always think of Joe Jackson as the monster in his whole situation.

Whats the connection between Joe Jackson helping to throw the 1919 World Series and Michael Jackson molesting children?