Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Toxic Mental posted:

I hope they do because it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

If China wants my goddamn data so they can use it to harm my country, which I love, then they’d better pay me at least $250.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Get the kids back to the playground and off of the toktok

Just get them off my internet, I don’t care where they go, sell them to the French foreign legion for all I care.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is that an actual trend thing that happens every year?

People selling their kids to the French foreign legion? Yeah every year when school lets out.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

^^^^^^^ it’s because china is a rival bordering on being an enemy, dumbass.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Banning Tik Tok is selective outrage when they all collect data.

Yeah but they aren’t all run and operated by hostile foreign powers. Most of them are based out of the Bay Area. The Bay Area can have my data.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I don't want any of them to have my data, foreign power or dickhead SV techbro.

I want them to have your data.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

And apparently, we should care about American social media company market shares for reasons.

It's exactly the same as W saying that we should fight terror in late 2001 by going to the mall :patriot:

So you’re the reason all the malls are closed. I’m not surprised. :mad:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

"TikTok is a threat to democracy and national security!"

TikTok:

Cossack dancing, obvious Stalinists.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Edited out

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Just admit it, you hate freedom and love dictators.

I’m mostly joking, don’t report me to the forum fuzz.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 16, 2023

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

tractor fanatic posted:

TBC got it right that this is just tit-for-tat economic retaliation. The security concerns are a red herring and you are insanely dumb if you believe that tiktok is a weapon to make kids dumber

I still hate it and think children should be discouraged from dancing. I had and have dyspraxia and children dancing fills me with irrational, nearly violent jealousy. Fun fact: they only give you sympathy at school if you use a wheelchair or scooter, not if you involuntarily walk like a drunk, then they just call you the r-word, which they don’t call the actual r-worded students for some reason, also they didn’t get in trouble for calling you that in the 90’s. Dancing is an act of total loving HUBRIS. It’s why God punished Hank Hill and why God will nuke TikTok from His throne in Hell.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

thin blue whine posted:

gently caress you Nigmaetcetera im going to snitch the second i remember how to report someone you're hosed

Nooooooooooooo

But seriously,

Nooooooooooooooo don’t do that I have nothing else going for me right now but the forums i needs em i needs em i sez

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Animal-Mother posted:

America's Funniest Home Videos was a Chinese weapon designed to destroy the minds of America's military-age youths.

Actually it was designed to cause concussions in middle aged men who decided to jump head first onto their trampoline from their roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

TikTok was specifically designed to distract American nurses during their workday such that the entire healthcare system falls apart

That and cocaine. I only know one nurse but she doesn’t go ten minutes without using one or the other.