Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Make AIT IK of the stewie griffin politics thread.

1stGear posted:

I think C-SPAM is generally fine. At least the threads I pay attention to, which are the video game, pop culture, U/R, and succ thread.

The Holodomor thread could probably be locked at this point tho, its a joke that's run its course and is just going to be used by weirdos to claim we're a bunch of genocide deniers.

The Holodomer happened thread has been closed. Are you thinking of the Holodomer thread happened thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Weka posted:

Was going to unironically suggest this. All round good attitude, a functioning sense of humor, not too sensitive afaik, just a regular fellow.

hoping hte mods will consider this sagely

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

1stGear posted:

I think C-SPAM is generally fine. At least the threads I pay attention to, which are the video game, pop culture, U/R, and succ thread.

The Holodomor thread could probably be locked at this point tho, its a joke that's run its course and is just going to be used by weirdos to claim we're a bunch of genocide deniers.

The holodomor thread has been gassed already?

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I would be a lousy mod

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is there a way to automatically assign the OP of a thread as its own IK

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i say swears online posted:

is there a way to automatically assign the OP of a thread as its own IK

Not that I know of unfortunately

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

paul_soccer12 posted:

I nominate Majorian for moderator

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Weka posted:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Weka posted:

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

I'll be a mod if the forums ask me, but I won't try very hard and i will absolutely abuse the position

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Weka posted:

The Holodomer happened thread has been closed. Are you thinking of the Holodomer thread happened thread?

some plague rats posted:

The holodomor thread has been gassed already?

Didn't realize that. No issues then, carry on.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A Russian troll farm posted:

I'll be a mod if the forums ask me, but I won't try very hard and i will absolutely abuse the position

I will not accept if nominated and will not serve if elected

How dare u
Jan 20, 2023
I'm not sure about mod but I'd be an IK

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013
We should have a thread for if you voted for joe bidn. Or donald trump. Maybe if you voted for george bush too ?

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

Harold Fjord posted:

I like some threads here. Good job everyone

Make this guy a mod lol

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

lil poopendorfer posted:

Make this guy a mod lol

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I recommended Zodium and Lovely Joe Stalin to the admins as posters I thought stayed chill and task oriented through the bullshit

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Weka posted:

I'm open to it, we could use a firm hand to bring peace to such a contentious thread

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Different mods chosen on a monthly basis per a raffle system where each post is a raffle ticket. Would give some psychos a shot at posting power which would be good content

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

SorePotato posted:

Different mods chosen on a monthly basis per a raffle system where each post is a raffle ticket. Would give some psychos a shot at posting power which would be good content

Yeah do this

Literally what’s the worst that can happen, a couple “unjust” 24h probes and some angry PMs sent to the admins? Is a internet janitor position, not safeguarding nuclear codes lol let’s be real here

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

SorePotato posted:

Like the soviet judicial system. every poster must learn to govern the forum

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

1stGear posted:

we need another good edgy joke

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027238

done

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we need another good edgy joke

can't overthink it

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

some plague rats posted:

I will moderate cspam. I am willing to shoulder that burden.

This is less fun if you actually want to do it.

Ah, I see. Clever girl.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

vyelkin posted:

I'm open to it, we could use a firm hand to bring peace to such a contentious thread

please remember that i have been calling for an ik for that thread since the very beginning

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

SorePotato posted:

strongly in favor of modship as Jury Duty

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

where's the joke

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

OH NO

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My cspam experience is fine. I like posting here. I just lurk, but the Asia thread and the Latin America thread are huge resources for me. I've read all the books in the cspam book club but I'm yet not confident enough to post about what I think about them.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

make me the cum warriors thread ik

I don't read that thread, but I think it would be loving hilarious if Greenwald chat was confined to the culture warriors thread with AnimeIsTrash as the IK.

Greg Legg has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Mar 17, 2023

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cuttlefush posted:

where's the joke

they call the wehrmacht, the european union now

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Greg Legg posted:

My cspam experience is fine. I like posting here. I just lurk, but the Asia thread and the Latin America thread are huge resources for me. I've read all the books in the cspam book club but I'm yet not confident enough to post about what I think about them.

I don't read that thread, but I think it would be loving hilarious if Greenwald chat was confined to the culture warriors thread with AnimeIsTrash as the IK.

just post. i guarantee a bunch of other people are posting worse than you would, right now.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
The spam and white noise stuff is tiring but I guess you can’t really do anything about it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Quotey posted:

The spam and white noise stuff is tiring but I guess you can’t really do anything about it

If we removed the spam, all we'd have left is C

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
one man's spam is another man's fillet mingon

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

vyelkin posted:

If we removed the spam, all we'd have left is C

cabbage spam

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

It's Women's History Month. C-SPAM must support the most progressive voices who protect and advance the rights and interests of women and girls in our media today. Please sticky the President Joe Biden thread and the Vice-President Kamala Harris thread.

Thank you.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I think CSPAM has been on a good track lately, the mods seem to be doing a good job and the levels of bloodlust are down a good deal. We’re not even directly involved in the recent drama.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

bloodlust is way down, and it is time to perform a crusade against horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

speng31b posted:

bloodlust is way down, and it is time to perform a crusade against horny

Conservative elements always twist revolutionary fervor towards their own ends. Smdh