Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

We get a shitload of eggs for free at work now because we give unusable bags of malt to a farmer friend as a trade

:page3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

eXXon posted:

It was slightly smaller than an average impersonal watermelon but not like handheld size. At $8 I didn't bother to weigh it.

Anyway, apparently personal watermelons are bred to be sweeter and have thinner rinds, or something.

is it seedless? seedless melons are loving trash, like watery mulch piss

the only good melon is a seeded one ime

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
gotten into starving recently, it's this new kind of paleodiet, seems pretty easy to follow so far

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fortaleza posted:

We get a shitload of eggs for free at work now because we give unusable bags of malt to a farmer friend as a trade

Hatch them 2 make more egg.secret they don't want u 2 know

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
you know what else is too fuckin' expensive?

prescriptions!

my seizure meds doubled in price from $15/mo to $30/mo

gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Fortaleza posted:

why are they unusable

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

indigi posted:

why are they unusable

guess

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Necrobama posted:

you know what else is too fuckin' expensive?

prescriptions!

my seizure meds doubled in price from $15/mo to $30/mo

gently caress

Have you considered simply having 50% less need for seizure controlling medication, as the free market is signaling you ought to do, or do I have to think of everything?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1643625425208328198?s=20

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Companies that do this should be nationalized, by which i mean all companies should be nationalized

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Hatebag posted:

Companies that do this should be nationalized, by which i mean all companies should be nationalized

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

oh word?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Smythe posted:

oh word?

https://twitter.com/MorePerfectUS/status/1643636009761120256?s=20

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Is the idea that you can gouge prices if consumers think the economy is bad?

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
They is an expectation of inflation so they can keep on pushing prices, and there is so little choice, so every one either has accept it or starve.

Shop at Winco if you can...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Fitzy Fitz posted:

"consumers" not only have no recourse, but also got hoodwinked by the entire intelligentsia and media propaganda apparatus spamming "supply chain" for years. anyone who wasnt dumb as poo poo knew that shits been a scam for a long time now. but every time u post some extreme brain genius comes in and posts about a boat or something lol. gently caress YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Smythe posted:

"consumers" not only have no recourse, but also got hoodwinked by the entire intelligentsia and media propaganda apparatus spamming "supply chain" for years. anyone who wasnt dumb as poo poo knew that shits been a scam for a long time now. but every time u post some extreme brain genius comes in and posts about a boat or something lol. gently caress YOU

Pretty much. There was some actual inflation for real reasons like the war, climate change ruining harvests, supply chain etc.

But that would warrant like a 10% increase, but since they already have the media crowing nonstop about inflation they figure they can just up the ante, and the producer and retailer both get to gouge.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

there's no such thing as gouging except during disasters or emergencies. this is just raising the price until people run out of disposable income. when 24y/o tech workers making 225k refuse to spend less than $3000/month on food then companies have a blank check to charge whatever they want

it's cool that more people are making better money but in a ~free market~ this was inevitable

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Hatebag posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagine the imp zone doordash slavers having to budget a ration card for the month lol

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

eXXon posted:

loving watermelons always taking poo poo personally. Anyway, post ur melons here

a melon to hear my prayers,
a m,elon who cares

i bought a 20-lb bag of "naturally imperfect" potatoes for $7.00 CAD last week and they're really good but oh my god it's so many potatoes for one person

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Hatebag posted:

It's thighway robbery

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

i say swears online posted:

it's cool that more people are making better money

where

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
ConAgra—maker of Slim Jim, Healthy Choice,

lmao

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
"Here at ConAgra, we're helping you make a Healthy Choice, every day! Also if you want some pig and cow rear end in a top hat meat mixed with spices like the Macho Man intended, here you go, right by the checkstand."

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
Price gouging food should be punishable by death.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

indigi posted:

why are they unusable

Possible rat contamination. Little assholes love malt and grains and stuff and we stay diligent but haven't been able to completely get rid of 'em yet. Every now and then they get into a bag and we have to pull it and thoroughly clean everything around it. With our little deal it's nice to know it's actually being reused as animal feed instead of of dumped since it's not fit for human consumption

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!

imagine the imp zone doordash slavers having to budget a ration card for the month lol

whats that now?

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Ebola Roulette posted:

Price gouging food should be punishable by death.

So should being a landlord, charging for drinking water, and running for-profit medicine!

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

"Here at ConAgra, we're helping you make a Healthy Choice, every day! Also if you want some pig and cow rear end in a top hat meat mixed with spices like the Macho Man intended, here you go, right by the checkstand."

ngl this sounds pretty good

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Minnesota Cub Foods employees set to strike this weekend. I was in the same union for eight years. Solidarity with those who haven't gotten adequate wage increases during covid or as the company has jacked up prices the past two years because of "inflation."

https://twitter.com/ufcw663/status/1643638072100233221?s=61&t=jqWj7dRf0HeSvh30JSZS5w

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Brrrmph posted:

Minnesota Cub Foods employees set to strike this weekend. I was in the same union for eight years. Solidarity with those who haven't gotten adequate wage increases during covid or as the company has jacked up prices the past two years because of "inflation."

https://twitter.com/ufcw663/status/1643638072100233221?s=61&t=jqWj7dRf0HeSvh30JSZS5w

No way Cub can't afford to pay their employees better, they were way overpriced even before covid

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
yeah Cub is more expensive than Lunds & Byerly’s on a number of things now. it’s a racket.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Brrrmph posted:

get their asses

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

oh you mean we make more profits by raising prices and spending less on labor and raw materials?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

eXXon posted:

It was slightly smaller than an average impersonal watermelon but not like handheld size. At $8 I didn't bother to weigh it.

Anyway, apparently personal watermelons are bred to be sweeter and have thinner rinds, or something.

I've never had a good one

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

whoops wrong thread

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Woke Mind Virus posted:

whoops wrong thread

tier 1 operators looking at these prices: "GET BACK TO THE LZ! A REGULAR BAG OF DORITOS IS LIKE SIX BUCKS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Woke Mind Virus posted:

whoops wrong thread

dr disrespect these prices!!