Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

paul_soccer12 posted:

Can I have $1000 please

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
how about $900

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

paul_soccer12 posted:

These are not groceries

*walks inside a large and disorganized time capsule from the 1950s* and is forced to use self checkout on a 35 item $250 order (the machine & grocery cart only support 2-4 grocery bags worth of food and no 'large' items)

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

Phobos Anomaly posted:

I hear crime is all the rage these days.

goddamn raccoons!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
ramen $0.49 per pack. stupid. can corn like $3. my weird russian bread (cant read label) stays winning howveer

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bought eggs for the first time in months since they fell under $3 for a dozen. i'm going to turn them into waffles

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

titty_baby_ posted:

I'm so glad that combined food and housing is more like 50% or less for us

My partner just got a better paying job and wants a bigger place but the stuff thats come up is almost double our current rent. Im like yeah this 2bdrm apartment is small and it would nice to have a yard and another bathroom, but we're each putting away most of a paycheck every month into savings and that's pretty nice

give me money bitch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I bought a fast food type sandwich of "regular" size today for $11

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

AnimeIsTrash posted:

give me money bitch

capitalism will bankrupt them for us. there hasn't been a need for human labor for at least 8 years and counting. there hasn't been any economic growth for at least 10 years and counting, and now any and all business is prohibitively expensive (historically normal interest rates (Lol)). the answer is right in front of you

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

JustFollowingOrder posted:

there hasn't been a need for human labor for at least 8 years and counting.

lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that russian pilot taking out the us drone is the john connor of our time

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I eat PB&J for lunch 4-5 days each week now. it’s cheap and I’ll live forever?

https://www.michigansthumb.com/news/article/Peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwiches-add-33-minutes-16411018.php

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i ran out of creamy and put crunchy in my protein shake and i regret the decision

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Brrrmph posted:

I eat PB&J for lunch 4-5 days each week now. it’s cheap and I’ll live forever?

https://www.michigansthumb.com/news/article/Peanut-butter-and-jelly-sandwiches-add-33-minutes-16411018.php

per serving? if you're rich enough and can poo poo fast enough this is basically an infinite life hack

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Seasoned food 😋 The power it has! The cultural significance it has! The flavor it has! The range it has!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
jamming hot dogs down my throat as fast as possible so i can become undead

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

that annoying guy from the anarchist thread is laughing all the way to the fish camp rn

Lakes and rivers in America are so full of toxins and plastics that you shouldn't eat more than one or two wild caught fish a month op.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

i'm housesitting so i stole a red baron pizza and some wild turkey

wt101?

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

lobster shirt posted:

Seasoned food 😋 The power it has! The cultural significance it has! The flavor it has! The range it has!

At the end of the day, nothing beats a good bowl of Pho

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
also want to add a shout out for Luksusowa Vodka usually $12 a fifth and better tasting than most vodka costing 3 times as much

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Harris teeter charged me $16/lb for pastrami and I was like WTF!! and it turns out with their lovely loving store card its $9/lb. gently caress store cards and gently caress these losers for charging a 70% upcharge if you don't want them to sell your personal info to other companies.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If I ever dedicate my life to a political cause it would be making store cards illegal.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A nice cheap cuban rice and beans meal is only a day or so away!

https://youtu.be/xnhTVwNMeFI

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i am the most restrained motherfucker on the planet

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If your grocery store has a scale with a barcode printer, just label them all as bananas and go through the self checkout.

Shoplifting is thrilling~

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

JustFollowingOrder posted:

capitalism will bankrupt them for us. there hasn't been a need for human labor for at least 8 years and counting. there hasn't been any economic growth for at least 10 years and counting, and now any and all business is prohibitively expensive (historically normal interest rates (Lol)). the answer is right in front of you

:ok:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

:stare:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i used to "shop" with two reusable grocery bags. fill 'em up and then walk out, at the height of the 08 crisis. it's the last time i ever had a fresh salad

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

did they show you or did you go searching for hidden doors

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I am going to hide in the bourbon safe room

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Koirhor posted:

I am going to hide in the bourbon safe room

the gunsafe is on the opposite side of the house idiot

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

the gunsafe is on the opposite side of the house idiot

poor planning on the architects part

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nix Panicus posted:

Lakes and rivers in America are so full of toxins and plastics that you shouldn't eat more than one or two wild caught fish a month op.

i mean if you want to live through the next two decades thats on you dawg

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

you should ask for one of those Four Roses bottles as a bonus

gotta cover inflation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

brown food coloring and water by the time they figure it out you've skipped town

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hatebag posted:

Kidnap the fattest guy in your region. he should be able to point you to some cheap food

But Doctor...

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Al! posted:

brown food coloring and water by the time they figure it out you've skipped town

brown food coloring, in this economy? better to injure yourself and pee in the bottle once you’ve achieved muscle death

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
you can just go to farms and take things if youre quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

A Bakers Cousin posted:

you can just go to farms and take things if youre quick

you just gotta read the hobo signs to the right farms