Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol "buying" corn you mean that thing along the road?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m annoyed how much chicken thighs cost tbqh

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

If your grocery store has a scale with a barcode printer, just label them all as bananas and go through the self checkout.

Shoplifting is thrilling~

And ethical

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i say swears online posted:

i am the most restrained motherfucker on the planet

what in the world

JustFollowingOrder
Mar 3, 2023

by vyelkin

what about dinner? :chloe:

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Soup is good food

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

indigi posted:

I got skinned and debones chicken thighs for like $2 a pound and it felt like an extravagance. My wife loves it though, she doesn't like eating around the bone

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I do boneless skinless as well. $2 a pound is awesome, $4 is the cheapest any store here has although for some reason Amazon Fresh will occasionally let me buy a pound and a half for $3.50 and past that charge $4.25/lb, not sure why

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I can usually get chicken thighs with skin and bone for $1.50/lb. I stock up and make curry with them. I only get chicken breasts when they're $3.50/lb or less. I live in MA.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nichael posted:

what in the world

you don't have 500sqft for bourbon???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
this is my "gently caress the homeless" nook

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Al! posted:

this is my "gently caress the homeless" nook

i have one of those near a bridge in the seedy part of town

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i say swears online posted:

i am the most restrained motherfucker on the planet

when I was in high school a friend was house sitting for one of their parents friends who was a QuickTime dev and we went over to the guys house and he had a room like this except it was full of dvds when dvds were like 6months old. he said we could watch anything as long as it had already been opened. he also had a pool full of pool toys and a starship troopers pinball machine.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

groceries should be more expensive

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

If your grocery store has a scale with a barcode printer, just label them all as bananas and go through the self checkout.

Shoplifting is thrilling~

be careful, friend. have you seen those self checkouts with the camera right at face level? I've heard tell that a lot of the supermarkets have been letting people get away with small instances of shoplifting in order to document it and when the total dollar value reaches a certain threshold, that's when they file charges.

never looked into it, but I heard it from two different people so it must be true.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

mofo afraid to get caught

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

grab the store bag. helps you blend in and look less suspicious. pro-tip

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

be careful, friend. have you seen those self checkouts with the camera right at face level? I've heard tell that a lot of the supermarkets have been letting people get away with small instances of shoplifting in order to document it and when the total dollar value reaches a certain threshold, that's when they file charges.

never looked into it, but I heard it from two different people so it must be true.

thats why u shoplift makeup and fake mustaches so you never look the same twice

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Looking forward to summer because there's so many wild berries and feral apple/plum trees i can get free fruit from

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

JustFollowingOrder posted:

food & housing costs your average worker 78% of their paycheck

take home or pre tax?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

indigi posted:

aren’t you a computer toucher?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fart simpson posted:

aren’t you a computer toucher?

no

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

oh ok

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Glad to see AI is people guy is back.

Smythe posted:

ramen $0.49 per pack. stupid. can corn like $3. my weird russian bread (cant read label) stays winning howveer

lol how does corn cost $3 in America

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

chicken thighs are good

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

Talk to the cashiers, build a relationship with them to find out if they are hall monitor nerds or just kids trying to scrape together some Roblox money.

I will say, do not use your own bonus points card that you got when you first shopped when you shoplift. Use someone else's, preferably someone who doesn't really know you or your government name.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Weka posted:

Glad to see AI is people guy is back.

I name searched Rutibex and got sad. He is no back :(

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

KirbyKhan posted:

I name searched Rutibex and got sad. He is no back :(

maybe... maybe we can recreate him

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

KirbyKhan posted:

Talk to the cashiers, build a relationship with them to find out if they are hall monitor nerds or just kids trying to scrape together some Roblox money.

I will say, do not use your own bonus points card that you got when you first shopped when you shoplift. Use someone else's, preferably someone who doesn't really know you or your government name.

this is why its an important life skill to be able to keep track of and use fake names

like lets say ur name is peter bishop, thats a bible first name and a chess piece last name so now ur luke king if anyone asks and its real easy to remember

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

chicken thighs are good

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the way seasoned food brings people together tho 🔥

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
lmao at actually going to the grocery store when fast food drive thrus are everywhere

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

amerifat behavior

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I just get a farm share that I go pick up every other week and it’s a fixed monthly price that was set last year.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Just live off of Mr. Noodles

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Fortaleza posted:

I just get a farm share that I go pick up every other week and it’s a fixed monthly price that was set last year.

that's cool the $5 Biggie Bag at Wendys stays the same price too

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

War and Pieces posted:

that's cool the $5 Biggie Bag at Wendys stays the same price too

The prudent fast food connoisseur stays winning

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
hunger is a state of mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag