Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I used to feel that way too but it really isn’t necessary, at least not in GBS imo. Just lurk a little and read the OP and like the last 5 or 10 pages. If someone jumps on you for asking something that was answered 1000 pages ago, that’s their problem not yours.

Yeah, most people seem pretty chill in the few threads I lurk, and if you don't know something, people are usually quick to repost whatever thread-lore thing is mentioned, like the 'pete' story in relationships, or mentions of Rene Chang or Haier in the China threads.

Also, because of the AV, I can now never see a flamingo, whether real or plush, without thinking 'Nooner'. Goddamn pavlovian response.

And thanks for bringing back the Ukraine thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU