Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
As a cis female,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Seriously though I feel like the oval office debate is kinda dumb. Probes/bans should be on a case by case basis anyway. Personally I don't really like the use of it especially considering the site has more men than women so it's kind of creating a bad environment for a minority group. On the other hand the insinuation that women can't "handle" being called a name is honestly a little insulting in itself. Ultimately I am in favor of the ban because I respect the fact that some people find it extremely hurtful and offensive and its really not that hard to just, like, not use it but censorship is not something I'm really a fan of in a general sense. Maybe the truth is ... in the middle???

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Do you seriously read every thread in GBS? Does anyone? Actually, I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that last question.

I have read every single post in gbs and my conclusion is that you are all a bunch of... hmmm what's the word I'm looking for? It's on the tip of my tongue...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

MrQwerty posted:

Be the change you want to see, an MS Paint thread would probably be pretty successful in current GBS

Yeah nowadays there are apps you can draw with pretty easily. If anything is probably easier to do it on a phone anymore.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

MrQwerty posted:

you need the username on the account and the email address tied to the account

Lol, if you had their email you could just email them in the first place instead of pm. How silly

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The superior c word

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i still chuckle at when i was probed for saying retard when referring to engine combustion timing. it was a mispost intended for ai and i forgave the mod but it was a v funny example of word filtering to me

I remember a different slur being associated with AI. Hmmm just what are they up to

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

XeeD posted:

It really didn't. Also, I don't give half of a gently caress who chinatown was or why they got banned.
But if we go back to the old rules we can't post cool stuff like:
im gay

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

XeeD posted:

You absolutely could if you knew how the apostrophe worked. Shitposting is ruining everything everywhere. All at once; the awesomest place on the internet got hosed up.

Im' sorry I do'nt kno'w how to use the'm p'lease for'give me
That was a pain in the rear end to write on my phone i hope yo'ure happy!!!!

Also I dunno if you've seen the rest of the internet but hosed up doesn't even start to describe it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I just went in there and defended her, ban and doxxing incoming

Yeah same

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I'm struggling with how to say this, but this is getting very close to brigading SAD, which is the same sort of complaint you've all had about them. I'm going to warn you not to do that. If you have a legitimate gripe, then post it while following the rules. I don't care to hear the whole "well they don't follow it why should we" poo poo

This thread is getting way off track and I'm going to stop warning here soon on it. Knock it off.

How can you brigade a place that's supposed to be for everyone though

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

PureEvil6_13 posted:

Remember when low effort threads were discouraged so there wouldn't be so many posts of 'I farted' and 'I had a taco for lunch" etc.?

If ya don't like it, don't read it!

Like it's not like the titles are misleading you into thinking they are something other than shitposts. Just don't click on the fart thread and leave the fart people be imo. Though we do need more effort threads in general I think

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

wait i didn't know there are cats in the 5000 page thread what else have i been missing?

The 5kpt is like a box of chocolates. Sweet salty and nutty!!!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Personally i thought it was funny but I'm also an idiot so

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Honestly, showing who edits a post is a pretty fair ask imo. Maybe there’s some reason that I’m not thinking of but if a mod edits a post there should be a trail.
It all comes back to the load bearing slurs

Some oval office hosed around with this message at 3:52 PM on Mar 23rd, 2023

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Lol they were so angry they didn't notice they typed love an extra time. This thread owns

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im going against my better judgement and commenting on this because its stupid. im not mad about women posting about sex im grossed out by goons of all genders posting about their sex lives i dont care if its spinz or bust rodd or someone else its nasty lol go post on fetlife or another forum if you want to post about your boring sex life so bad. dont probe me lol im just saying my piece here later :cheers:

I understand

Maybe we need somewhere to contain these posts.... a sex subforum........

Bring back dpph it will solve all of our problems. Done and done

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Dog man here *wags tail*

*shits*

Cats don't poop because they are girls :eng101:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I think on the subject of spr the subforums can all come together and say, as a forum made whole:

Lol

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjkUyX0rVw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

MrQwerty posted:

especially the ones where you apologize to everyone about gaslighting them by buying your own transphobic avatars multiple times over the course of years with "lol oops i was having a mental health day"

which is poo poo that happened itt

Yeah apparently this had been going down since 2021

I do hope spr gets help with whatever irl poo poo is going on. No matter how hilarious it apparently is when she's not doing well.