Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
By banning the evil word, the mods have increased its usage by about 1000% and turned it into a contrarian rallying cry

Good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I never got rebooting threads. Are people really afraid of clicking a thread that is to big?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

bagmonkey posted:

as for megathreads, the key to overcoming megathread anxiety is to click on whatever page is 3 pages from the last post and start reading there. If you enjoy it you can read the rest of the thread. booya, fixed

:hmmyes:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

There’s only one time the r-word should be used and that is when describing former US president Donald J Trump, but also I just stopped using it because it sucks outside of that context and it certainly isn’t worth fighting over.

Yes, Donald J Trump is a Rapacious lover

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CaptainSarcastic posted:

To some extent, yeah. You're talking about requiring more labor from an unpaid, volunteer workforce. Why would I want to further cut into my shitposting time by feeling expected to read every post in every thread to see if the use of slurs is appropriately contextual? Having clear lines makes it much more manageable.

Well, it's a volunteer position, why do it if you hate reading?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Do you seriously read every thread in GBS? Does anyone? Actually, I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that last question.

No, you clarified it in a later post, and your response was reasonable, it's just as you originally wrote it, it sounded as though you were responding to reports blindly.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Charles Bukowski posted:

I find the big threads never leave and I don't want to enter a post with 1k pages. Otherwise the little threads are often worthless boner posts. Why isn't GBS fun anymore? Why am I, a 20 year gbs poster, living in Byob now because they're at least nice?

Because it's effectively a GBS offshoot? There's probably a debate to be had about the merits of compartmentalizing the forums into ever smaller subs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Barudak posted:

People in GBS aren't gonna go to SAD to post because SAD is not GBS. So slowly but surely people who do invest a lot of time in SAD will get to dictate policy site wide to the dissatisfaction or detriment of other areas.

Yeah, sad is already a toxic cesspit, no better than qcs at its lowest point. Nobody sane would get involved there

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah we don’t need to probe punctuation anymore but the trolls need some harder slaps. Unfortunately $10 isn’t really a deterrent to 40 year old men with disposable income.

Change it to 10 push ups

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
SA has cultured an environment where bullying and abuse are the best and often only way to get results, I.e. get mods to kowtow to your demands. This is, of course, a self reinforcing behaviour, and really needs to be cracked down on.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Seems like a pretty pathetic behaviour for a mod to follow their posting enemies around, boiling with impotent rage (the only state spr is capable of)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

some plague rats posted:

If teen witch had ever successfully made a funny post everyone would have lolled as well, it's weird you don't get this

gently caress off already

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So i assume spr is going to be demodded and banned for maliciously stirring up poo poo and trying to blame her forums enemies from the psycho subs for it?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I applaud Smugworth for working behind the scenes to ensure a safe posting environment for GBS freaks and psychos.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Smugworth posted:

In light of recent events, let me just say that I, Smugworth, candidate for GBS moderator, plan to take a hard stance on posters from outside GBS with a proven track record of poo poo stirring, fabricating and fomenting drama, and frankly a toxic, unhealthy obsession with this fine forum. This is not the place to work out your frustrations from whatever you may be going through, and I sure as poo poo won't turn the other cheek because you happen to be in the grip of an absolute loving episode brought on by some personal poo poo. Those types are not welcome in GBS.

Vote Smugworth for moderator in 2023!

It's a fair cop

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Smugworth posted:

You're going to find this hard to believe in light of recent events but I did not buy this avatar for myself

Imo it's a good avatar

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Drone_Fragger posted:

I didn't buy this one but i assumed i got it for disagreeing with majority opinion in sad, hence the reference to the troubles.

This avatar also owns

They cant even buy proper insulting avs, :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Seth, if you are holding out on goldmining this thread for *reasons*, lock it until then