Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mods should be forced to say one nice thing about any poster they probe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

only people with a confirmed terminal illness irl should be allowed to mod

they alone possess the singular true clarity necessary for the job

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mods should stop soliciting feedback here or in SAD and just do the best they can with their own judgement

either you’re good at the job or you’re not, there’s no upside to listening to the deranged who spend their free time theorycrafting new reasons to ban people and a lot of downside

thank you for considering this important feedback, oh and please ban anyone who is not enthusiastic toward olives

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

say “bye bye” to your account sir

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mods should start a patreon and favor the posters who donate at the highest tier

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’m thinking $8/mo or thereabouts

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

every gbs post should be required to contain a slur

we can trial that for 3 months and then evaluate afterward if the slurs were really the problem or just a scapegoat rustled up by those mayflys from SAD

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

every megathread needs a morale officer and a political officer

also the 5000 page thread is due for its annual reset

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

recognizing the humor in 9/11 from the outset is what set this place apart from all the imitators

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i posted in sad and they told me exactly that, about the crash scene from final destination 2 i mean, and anyone can find the post and see for themselves

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

one idea i had to combat sexist abuse is we could force feminize all posters

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

something made this thread worse, quite suddenly, i can’t quite put my finger on what hmm oh well

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the problem is that ironic sexism can still be unwelcoming, especially when it can be construed as dismissive or making light of a real problem

what nooner should’ve done is gone one level deeper, to ironic ironic sexism

i believe that is still considered in good taste

edit: or maybe it was ironic irony all along :confused:

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Goddamnit, I guess I will explain the joke further. I took it as Nooner parodying the people who were telling the victims to suck it up, just with a more antique Internet misogyny thing as hyperbole.

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 23, 2023

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can mods and admins see when i edit my post within the timer? please tell me they can’t see that

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

nooner it would be really funny if you drove by with another whopper of a sexist joke after all that discussion

imo of course

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im going against my better judgement and commenting on this because its stupid. im not mad about women posting about sex im grossed out by goons of all genders posting about their sex lives i dont care if its spinz or bust rodd or someone else its nasty lol go post on fetlife or another forum if you want to post about your boring sex life so bad. dont probe me lol im just saying my piece here later :cheers:

yep and furthermore there should be no posts about gambling, drinking, drug use, or dancing. it's high time the forums found god.

amen

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ok the thread got good again

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Fumble posted:

I want Smugworth to be my moderator! This guy right here!

beginning to think this as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yeah? and the reasons are ...?

trust me bro