Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I like the moda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We should probably just free Chinatown he's been gone long enough I think he learned his lesson

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jose posted:

You should switch out more often too. Gbs is gbs just swap mods often. I know I was guilty of getting lazy

Yea you were the worst the mods we have now are the best

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

There ain't a brigade of posters trampling down the doors to be mod my friend

I'm ready to be mod

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'll be good mod

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Not like LAP

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I want to be a mod

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I will allow the current mods to be my deputy mods

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I for one feel there is a severe lack of phone poster representation in the moderationship of GBS

I have always been a phone poster and will continue to fight for phone posting rights

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

last time I got probed for it the post literally right above mine somehow didn't even though we both used it in a non gendered way lol

When I am elected moderator, I will make sure both of you get probed harshly and equally

This is a campaign promise you can count on

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The problem with the c word is that no matter what you do no one will ever stop shutting the gently caress up about it.

If elected, my first act as moderator of GBS will be to ensure anyone who ever brings up the meta discussion about the c word again is given a thoroughly embarrassing avatar

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's pronounced "Vote Smugworth for GBS moderator!"

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Devils Affricate posted:

How about the one where you get perma'd for creating a thread that lasts for years because other people posted images in it that the QCS crew eventually decided they didn't like?

That depends, do they post Shrek dick or snake tits
One will get you permabanned, the other a probe

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner do you want to be my running mate
A successful Smugworth - Nooner moderator ticket could change the forums forever

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I don’t want smugworth to become a mod because good GBS mods usually stop posting :(

Thanks for your support, ninjoatse.cx. I can assure you if I am elected moderator, my posting will only get more plentiful and bizarre.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Is it going to be an av that's tailored to embarrass the user, or a standard-issue embarrassing av?

I have selected MrQwerty as my Chief Secretary of Avatars and have full confidence in him. The work he's done for the Nom Epique thread alone has been beyond outstanding.

Devils Affricate posted:

Pretty sure smugworth only wants to become a mod so he can ban me. Therefore I cannot recommend voting for him

I have only pledged to ban olive haters trolling the Official GBS Olive Thread for Olive Related Posting on Olives (title change pending). You're not an olive hater, are you?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pay no attention to Slugworth.

Jeff, this is the will of the posters. It's time to heal the division in these good forums.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let it be known that when I am elected moderator, I will bring the other minor subforums to task and force them to bend the knee to their rightful GBS rulers.

GBS is what made these forums awesome and I will make GBS awesome again!

MGAA! MGAA!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

ok so I'm finally at my computer. I mostly didn't want to type this all on my phone. That would have been a nightmare tbh.

<Edited for length>
Also, by popular demand, we will be introducing Smugworth as GBS' newest moderator. We're still trying to decide what thread would be appropriate to make Nooner an IK of.
<Edited for length>

:buddy:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Also you'd get probed/banned for empty quoting which is dumb as hell

Again, I've seen the comments, will address them when I get home tonight

Just wanna make sure you've seen these comments.
The people are crying for representation Seth, let's form a new future for GBS!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yes. It's not a dread cabal of your posting enemies. Calm the gently caress down.

🤔🤔🤔

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Ominous af. Praying for our good friend smugworth.

Don't worry about me bro. I'm just a simple man of the posters. The mods can't possibly strike me down because they know in their hearts I only have the love of the posters in mine.

Don't forget to show up to the polls and vote Smugworth for moderator.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I liked the ending

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

syntaxfunction posted:

Seth we should have a stickied thread for Sid to post wholesome things like their paintings and pictures of dogs and stuff, and if anyone posts anything mean it is an instant 12-hour the first time and ban the second. We could use some wholesome content.

Also if two pages of people talking happens and there is no Sid posts or quotes of Sid posts then those two pages get a 24-hour.

If I'm elected moderator, my first act will be to give Sid his very own stickied thread where he is the IK.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What if we all posted for fun and had fun posting together

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

GBS look at my new kitty, he is the bestest lil guy. Rescued him from a place with way too many cats not being cared for, now he's a grade A fuckin kitty cat and I'm gonna spoil him rotten.

Let it be known that I, Smugworth, official candidate for GBS moderator, loves all cats

That cat looks very approachable and I would like to interact with it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nooner posted:

Can I be a mod for the pellet palace?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Posters in SAD telling you just to not visit threads that aren't for you but clutching their pearls over the possibility of someone, somewhere, posting the crash scene from Final Destination 2.
Lol

:emptyquote:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let me just say that I, Smugworth, candidate for GBS moderator, plan to take a "GBS posters first" position when it comes to interforums reconciliations. For too long the good posters of this forum has had to show :decorum: to other lesser forums at the expense of having our voice heard and respected.

Vote Smugworth for moderator in 2023!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Stux posted:

a post she had probated had been edited three days later by a mod/ik into a very weird message to the original poster. bcos somethingawful for no apparent reason anonymises mod edits (so it shows as "somebody" if its anyone but the person whos post it is. it shows their own name if they edited it) it was presumed the person who had pointlessly probated the post did it. ath then said it wasnt tw, at which point everyone blamed the other thread ik, because again a mod or ik edit is completely anonymous to everyone but admins so the only option is to try and guess who did it lol. i asked if this could be changed and if edits could always show who edited the post, because it appears to be entirely setup to cause this kind of misunderstanding, and was told it wouldnt be, for some reason. your ability to read words is astoundingly terrible.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pro move by the GBS mods

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I heard 16BB has his own dedicated button

It's on sight when I'm mod

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

some plague rats posted:

Could someone please tell me who this is in my avatar because I don't get it. Rust looking at you here buddy

This is the GBS feedback thread not that "what's this avatar" thread please find somewhere else to ask

Mods, do the thing

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Let me just say that I, Smugworth, candidate for GBS moderator, say thusly: if it smells like poo poo, flush it, and that's the policy I plan to take as future moderator of GBS

Vote Smugworth for moderator in 2023!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

No I’m toxxed!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I sometimes get angry at people on the internet but my cat loves me

This cat should not be flushed down a turlet at all

Smugworth posted:

Let it be known that I, Smugworth, official candidate for GBS moderator, loves all cats

That cat looks very approachable and I would like to interact with it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

Honestly sort of weird and sus and possibly even cringe that the mods are letting people post cat pictures, and yet there are no dog pictures.

She smiles when she sleeps. That's how much she likes sleeping.

She's dreaming of a world where Smugworth is moderator and mobile posters can actually see and use polls

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cats vs Dogs, who shall win?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

This is actually very hurtful because she likes my girlfriend more than me.

Weird she likes your twin poster better too

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Prof. Crocodile posted:

So you're saying that the election was stolen, and we need to storm the admin forum to install Smugworth as mod by force?

All Seth has to do is do the right thing, support our forums, protect our forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

gently caress no! I toxxed myself that would never become a mod!

Your immolation will be glorious, friend. The people will cry tears of love and joy at your sacrifice. A glorious portent to a bright future for GBS