Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I find the big threads never leave and I don't want to enter a post with 1k pages. Otherwise the little threads are often worthless boner posts. Why isn't GBS fun anymore? Why am I, a 20 year gbs poster, living in Byob now because they're at least nice?

Also no war thread in gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah and I don't know any of the mods and admins anymore and they seem to either disappear when they do something irritating or are unnecessarily aggro in their pet threads or whatever. Saddest Rhino owns though. Mod voice bad, I'm 35 with a mortgage and a wheezy lung, talk to me normal.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If you ain't got a bad back to go with this get off my lawn youngin

I wear a back brace working out and 2 knee braces when I go hiking. I tore a ligament in my shoulder and back while just driving. Getting old sucks.

Oh yeah I forgot about Greg. How many accounts does he have, and what dirt does he have on you Seth for the leniency? Do you need us to go rough him up for you? Does it need to take as long as derpies or snake tits or whatever scum are around

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Dude that sucks! Take care of yourself

In my time as mod, Greg has gone through... What six accounts? Something like that.

I don't see him as necessarily a harmful poster, just one that doesn't always toe the line well and gets hit for it. I don't think he's a candidate for a permanent goodbye at all honestly, not in the same nature of those long gone. He's generic white noise shitposter #273 imo

I know we have that rule against gimmick accounts and the like but it's never really been enforced because it's a legacy rule from long ago. That's probably one that'll be purged in the rules redo

Oh I don't want anyone to get the perma goodbye unless they're terminally unfunny and punching down/just being an rear end in a top hat instead of trying to be funny or constructive. I'm also not against gimmick posters at all if they're good. Some of the most beloved posters of all time are pure gimmick. Except driftingmouse, please permanently ban them immediately. They post the laziest death threads with a link and maybe 1 line if that. Worthless disrespectful to the dead poster.

To the person saying I don't like gbs, yeah maybe that's what's it's turned into? It's been my default for things to read, joke about, laugh at, etc for longer than I've been alive. Dunno, the overly modded first half of gbs' life is pretty universally decried as the nadir of gbs, but it also had the most and best posters of that era who have all long gone. Am I an old that doesn't like the change, I dunno. It hasn't been the same since Lowtax killed it and made gbs 3.0 a decade ago. Maybe we should have some fun posting or content creation contests. Ms paint thread!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I think another big problem is that we can't post threads on the unofficial SA app. Not an SA problem, but I'm sure that cuts down on potential threads.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm feeling pretty sad now Seth, let's make GBS a happier place.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Make me a mod and I will snipe all the inappropriate music video links that start creeping up in random gbs threads. Basically I will follow Greg around and keep him on the straight and narrow. For our health.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I would also like to be able to ignore threads. Some might bother me or hit too close to home, some I might just be tired of seeing on the first page of any particular subforum at any time. Something you could skim through in the options to unhide or reset the blocked threads filter if you wanted it all to come back?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Steadiman posted:

Maybe you could set up an adblock script for that, or ask in the technical forum (because that sounds like an Astral thing)? I don't really see the point since threads are super easy to not click on but if it makes someone uncomfortable then who am I to judge

I could add a script to filter any words I don't like too, rather than ask people not to use slurs anymore. It's just nice when some things are baked in, like blocking threads and not seeing SWEARS

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sorry I’ve been away for a few hours but I probably wasn’t clear. It’s all SAD. The reason all of the feedback threads end up talking about SAD is that SAD is the problem. GBS polices itself pretty well I think but for whatever reason people from other sub forums are enraged at GBS’s existence.

This isn't really true besides the Ukraine thread in any of the feedback threads. Ain't nobody wants to take away our legendary pants making GBS threads forum friend.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Also the reason we’re even having this conversation is because of what went down with the Ukraine thread and then the Sagas thread in PYF, all caused by non-GBS posters who also happen to be QCS/SAD regulars so to say they’re not connected is flat out wrong.

Now it's my turn to say that's not what I said, take that! In seriousness, yeah I know, I also posted in the sagas thread. I also post here. I am the anecdotal evidence that I criticize gbs while also being a gbs poster. And a byob poster. I don't want a war topic in my shitposting subforum. I don't want to see lots of funny people probated in said war thread because the mod/IK and its regulars want it to be taken seriously and moderated in a way unlike the rest of the subforum. I caught my first real probation there for shitposting there in 18 Years. Take it to D&D.

I'm also not going to call anyone a slur about it or threaten SA employees because that's what crazy people do and get rightfully punished for it. Let's chill the gently caress out friends. I just got this bong and I can load it with ice, it's loving sweet. Free ice tokes if you drop on by.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 22, 2023

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Smugworth should never be given any sort of power whatsoever. Also nom epique should be permabanned for being an absolutely worthless poster who's only kept around because I guess GBS mods need a pet imbecile. Also ban ClamdestineWhateverthefuck for making ten billion worthless posts.

I vote to cancel this vote

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What kind of insult is it to call someone womens genitals anyway. Like.. are they saying they want to gently caress that c-word man? Or they hate them because they hate womens genitals? Very strange. Kind of like those genitals are independent of women and walking around and doing stuff some people hate. Weeeeeeird. My friend named his band Crunt which was funny.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

GBS look at my new kitty, he is the bestest lil guy. Rescued him from a place with way too many cats not being cared for, now he's a grade A fuckin kitty cat and I'm gonna spoil him rotten.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Hello you need to post that in the 5000 page thread thankssss

i dont have the time to read 5k pages rn

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I believe he shoveled elephant poo poo for a living.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That meme just reminds me of Something Sensitive. Are those racist sexist homophobes still around?

Nothing wrong with being concerned about the balance of posting freedoms and bringing bad vibes to the place.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Misogyny is against the forums rules.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Has there been a good post since my cat post? Doubtful. Here have another

Now just post cats or close the thread Seth.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The posters in here are plenty angry posting. That's stupid and you're losing the way of things. Just post a picture of an animal you love and I guarantee you it will be better than what you were going to.

Like look at this little mfer. My posts suck poo poo compared to how good he is.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well that's an embarrassing reveal for spr. Those she is critical of are still bad posters.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yeah surprised she posted after the reveal, I wouldn't have come back. I also wouldn't have done what she did after 20 years here.

The people that make the worst mistakes can still be right. Just uh, not about buying avatars to suggest others are harassing them. Smh. Easier ways to get rid of bigots and misogynists than lying about poo poo.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm the one posting cats in here and not about how I should be a mod. Maybe my cat should be the new mod? Better poster than either of us.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Transphobic avatars over a series of years? Oh that's not good, that's not good at all. I don't believe I said any of that, gently caress off buddy. I thought they were a good poster when I read the sagas and I thought some of their probes were bullshit, I didn't know all of that.

I didn't see her as always aggro, or unfunny. I find some of her detractors to be that way though.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
No I woke up like 30 mins ago. I'm having coffee and some weed out in my porch. Was there something else besides Jeffrey logging in from the Caymans to smite spr(deservedly)again?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MrQwerty posted:

buddy, look at the thread title
I'm afraid it going to get updated to check out pg 27 for me wandering back in here

MrQwerty posted:

in fact have you read this thread, the thread where it happened

Well I saw Rust poo poo talk sad and whatever sad regulars are. Then spr came in to attack Rust/defend whatever. Then Rust, spinz for some reason, and some other angry folk spoke rudely to spr (including a gendered insult from spinz). Spr was accused of being a shithead to a sexual assault survivor? I have no clue, but that's vile if true. Then I posted my cat Land and people stopped being mean and saying he was a good cat. Because he is. Here he is being a shark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Kchama posted:

She was buying them for herself to accuse others (Rust Marsailis or however his name is spelled specifically) of buying them for her so she could point to them as a reason Rust needs to be banned.

Yes, I understand. I did read that before posting. I think I referenced it in my first post today. Spr was stupid and insane for doing this and kinda surprised it didn't eat at least a ban. I too thought Rust bought her that since they do seem to be posting enemies. Also her quoting some rather distasteful things Rust had posted in the past about women, calling him a hypocrite. Shits hosed up. Imagine spending money for someone you don't like. I barely spend money on me. Ope losing train of thought,loving weed. Wait it wasn't nice to call me stupid :(

e. I was typing this before you posted that umm mod. Should I delete it or? I dunno man, maybe I should post another cat. I decided to go with opinions and that was a mistake probably with the way the wind is blowing here.

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 24, 2023