Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gently caress i'm sorry i'm such a dumbass, i wasn't aware you couldn't donate from outside the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If you haven't already, email us at usgoonfund at gmail dot com and we can refund the money back to you on the platform you sent us the money.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Donating on a recurring basis because so many posters on this stupid loving website are good

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
hit the reoccurring donation button for some bucks. I appreciate what is happening here and the efforts being made by everyone <3

speng31b
May 8, 2010

COVID thread is absolutely cleaning house (with proper PPE) in the Posting is Praxis Contest MEGATHREAD (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029252) right now.

A hearty thank you to all goons, it warms my heart to see it, and is also way beyond what any of us expected.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

drat... lady radia ftw

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

:siren: Finally, a bump for this person if anyone is able to help them out: :siren:

:siren:

just a peace of mind update, my friend was able to find a resolution to this situation

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

really queer Christmas posted:

If you haven't already, email us at usgoonfund at gmail dot com and we can refund the money back to you on the platform you sent us the money.

wait, you can't take our filthy foreigner money? I donated a while back. Guess I'm getting diablo 4 afterall!

Janitor Ludwich IV has issued a correction as of 12:23 on Apr 24, 2023

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Thank you so much for the assistance

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Janitor Ludwich IV posted:

wait, you can't take our filthy foreigner money? I donated a while back. Guess I'm getting diablo 4 afterall!

Officially the nonprofit can't solicit or disperse outside the US, in the interim phase when they were just matching requesters with donors it wasn't a nonprofit yet and they weren't technically involved in the transaction.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

APRIL 2023 FINANCIALS UPDATE

As of today, we sit in a MUCH better place than we did a month ago. For this, we have our very successful fundraiser to thank, with a particular thanks to the CSPAM COVID thread, which raised $texas$ amounts of money for the fund! The only concern I have right now is that we have about 38 people signed up to give a total of about $1,380 per month. Meanwhile, our per day disbursement average is $173 or about $5K a month. We did have a backlog that we fulfilled thanks to the new funds, so that did play a part in it.

Speaking of, I am very happy to report that we currently have two active requests - 1 we are waiting for the requestee to get back in touch with us to confirm payment details over some confusion. And the other got a partial disbursement and we are waiting confirmation on if they will need the remaining amounts. Otherwise, we currently do not have a backlog!

As for general updates:
  • Paypal is still the devil and really has only been working because of donations straight to the paypal account itself. Thankfully, people have been using other disbursement methods as of recently which has helped alleviate this issue for us.
  • You may have noticed the Registration fees line item on the P&L! We are officially licensed in the state of Washington! Apparently we were only incorporated there and not licensed, but this is now resolved. We are planning to amend our original filing to help us in the quest to 501c3 status.
  • Our fundraiser will end tomorrow morning. As of right now, the Covid thread will be top dog in CSPAM and no one is allowed to criticize it anymore. They will also receive an artwork dedicated to their greatness. Second place is currently the organize your workplace thread, and third place is the.... Seattle LAN thread, by technicality? It's awful stuff but no one is doing anything about it so they (and the organizing thread) will get a special smiley of their choice made.
  • If anyone has any ideas of their own for fundraising, please send them to us! We got a cool idea we'll probably try during the summer, but are always glad to have outside perspective.

really queer Christmas has issued a correction as of 02:23 on May 1, 2023

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

Owns. Really good poo poo from the organizers.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m the $0.01 earned interest

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
[Bernie voice] the one cent

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

when are we going to pay the IZWF for some sweet advertising space in the stream

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

kingcobweb posted:

I’m the $0.01 earned interest

Update:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

would like to request 14 cents...

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
<neoliberalishly> it is time to heavily leverage the goon fund on the stock market

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

lobster shirt posted:

would like to request 14 cents...

give kcw his liberal anime tits avatar back, as the fund is now earning dividends thanks to liberalism.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

How did you get my account info???

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I would also like liberal anime tits

And a new avatar too :smuggo:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

To any euros who wanted to help via paypal, I got a request in from a non American who needs about 50-70 euros of help. If you're able and willing to help, please PM me and I'll get you their info

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

MAY 15th MID MONTH UPDATE

So... we've had a busy May! Like, super busy. As you can tell, we gave nearly as much in two weeks of May as we did for all of April. The economy is sound! Strong and Stable!!

We have had some interesting developments on top of this, like finding out that paypal does work for us if there is a partial balance! For instance, we only had like $30 in the paypal account and had a request for like $50, so Paypal sent $30 via the balance and debited our bank for the remainder! I thought wow, it must be fixed! So I then tried to utilize paypal to send a request through and immediately got stopped with technical difficulties because they can't connect to our linked bank!! :suicide:

We also just, and I mean like 2 hours ago, received word that our amended filing for state registration has been accepted. So there should be no other blocks between the goonfund and 501c3 status except for the actual filing... which can be daunting, not going to lie. The main issue with the filing is the expedited version can only be filed if annual income is less than 50K and we are on projection to be over that right now.

As for where we stand right now in terms of funds, things are somewhat thin. Last week alone we disbursed $3K over 15 requests. Quite simply, we can't do that again. Our biggest problem remains having people willing to drop large sums, without there being a volume of support - i.e., a goon dropping $200 is fantastic, but having 10 goons have $20 subscriptions would make sure the fund is more viable long term and has a more predictable budget. This is probably more on us for not advertising the fund as well as we should. Its prominent in CSPAM - being stickied to the top. But there's many people who never step foot into CSPAM who'd likely help out if they knew what's happening. This does dovetail into something that has been a great thing for us though -

The demographics of requestors have been quite diverse! cspammers probably make up half of the requests, but there's been people from across the forums who have reached out for help. I think there's only two or three subforums that have yet to have a regular poster request money from the fund. Which goes back to what we originally stated we wanted for this fund - to help Goons no matter where they post.

As for the contest, when Tiler has a chance they can update on the artwork and emotes. I think the organizing thread had yet to decide anything, but it's not like theres a time limit so :shrug:

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead
Subscribed! Thanks for running this!

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Once you get the 501c3 filing done, you’ll be eligible for corporate donations matching. Which is both kinda funny and will kick up the cashflow at least a little.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Shiroc posted:

Once you get the 501c3 filing done, you’ll be eligible for corporate donations matching. Which is both kinda funny and will kick up the cashflow at least a little.

excited for OfYOSPOS LLC. to match all mod and IK donations

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Jeff should donate $5 for every rereg permaban

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I was just made aware of this amazing fund and even though I can't participate as I'm not in the US, I want to say that this is just amazing to see and witness and I will abuse every mod button Jeffrey gave me so foolishly to promote this in my forum :haibrower:

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
money ftw

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I did not realize how high the stripe fees were. I might see about switching my monthly over unless you think it would be best to wait until after other stuff gets handled like the 503c stuff?

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

silicone thrills posted:

I did not realize how high the stripe fees were. I might see about switching my monthly over unless you think it would be best to wait until after other stuff gets handled like the 503c stuff?
I switched to manual monthly donations via CashApp/Venmo to save on fees, but I know they can't count on that like a recurring donation no matter how much I swear I'll do it.

I also wonder how many people who donated to the previous unofficial goon fund patreon aren't donating to this one because of how that one was killed. I'm still salty over that. I contribute because I know it works, and it helped me when I was giving the organizers poo poo (and even ate a ban for it). But the previous organizer still hasn't been unbanned and that's some bullshit Dear Jeffrey.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

vortmax posted:

I switched to manual monthly donations via CashApp/Venmo to save on fees, but I know they can't count on that like a recurring donation no matter how much I swear I'll do it.

I also wonder how many people who donated to the previous unofficial goon fund patreon aren't donating to this one because of how that one was killed. I'm still salty over that. I contribute because I know it works, and it helped me when I was giving the organizers poo poo (and even ate a ban for it). But the previous organizer still hasn't been unbanned and that's some bullshit Dear Jeffrey.

While I honestly agree about not liking how the last thread went down, Plinkey was let back on and his been posting since the beginning of march.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'm waiting for paypal to work properly since I don't have venmo/cashapp as an old man. But I've also been watching to see if any emergencies come up before then and get mentioned in the thread, though yeah that's not as useful for fund organizing as stable revenue.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Garrand posted:

While I honestly agree about not liking how the last thread went down, Plinkey was let back on and his been posting since the beginning of march.
Thanks, I didn't know that. I stand corrected on that.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

Stripe's fees mostly hurt on the smaller recurring stuff - since they take a flat amount on top of the percentage based amount. They are, still, the only service we have that lets you do recurring payments at this time. So if you really do want to set and forget, Stripe is it sadly.

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm waiting for paypal to work properly since I don't have venmo/cashapp as an old man. But I've also been watching to see if any emergencies come up before then and get mentioned in the thread, though yeah that's not as useful for fund organizing as stable revenue.

Paypal does work if you send us money and having a paypal balance lets us send money via paypal since, for some reason, that makes the account work properly. Paypal does charge the most fee - as much if not more than Stripe - so if that's why you'd prefer to use it - I advise sticking with stripe.

Best fee situation for us is to send cash via venmo - very little fees are paid by us (like 1.75%) and you pay no fee as well. CC through venmo will cost a little bit more but still be a bit cheaper than stripe. I just wish venmo offered recurring options.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

stripe fees are unfortunate but they are industry standard for card processor, so that's the best we can do for recurring direct from card. If you give directly to another source it may have lower fees but also kind of locks us in to only using it to fulfill requests that support that form of payout. Obviously all forms of donation are welcome but pros and cons

speng31b has issued a correction as of 02:33 on May 18, 2023

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Someday once I'm the billionaire capitalist, I'll have my assistants arrange things so I can give you gigantic novelty checks directly.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

gently caress, probably should have read before sending

Maybe move the venmo to the top if it's the preferred option?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Hey, we got in a request from an EU goon in need of about 50 euros. I've reached out to some people but haven't heard back, if anyone can let me know if they are interested in helping within the next day, please do. As well, if you'd like to be put on notice for future EU/Canada requests, that would be appreciated since there isn't really anything in place for non-US/UK goons right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..
Just gave, unfortunately Venmo appears to be having some kind of lover's spat and/or networking slapfight with my bank so I had to go Stripe. But I want to say thank you to everyone who gives, and especially everyone who gives their time, attention, and energy to administrating this thing.

I want to add, if it's okay, that I donated in honor of Trixie Hardcore, beloved boss covid thread mod, another goon doing God's work if God were real and good