Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
hit the reoccurring donation button for some bucks. I appreciate what is happening here and the efforts being made by everyone <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I did not realize how high the stripe fees were. I might see about switching my monthly over unless you think it would be best to wait until after other stuff gets handled like the 503c stuff?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I think it is one of those things that just takes time. Time for people to learn about, time for people to trust it, time for a steady amount of monthlies to build up and also just economically, a lot of people need help.

Stripe really is just incredibly easy at least.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

speng31b posted:

sure, I'd be curious to get opinions from more people if that kind of thing would just be nice to have or if it's stopping anyone from donating who might otherwise.

I actually never donated previously and started donating to this one specifically because it was just straight up stripe + the amount oversight and accountability. Never been a fan of patreon for straight up charitable causes.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
idk if im just like gigantic baby but I think the dog brick ad is horrifically poor taste and hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i think most people understand its good natured ribbing by cspammers at cspammers

Yes but the point is to get people other than cspammers donating to this??? isnt that just what we were talking about? And if it were just a play off the old magazine cover with the gun, it would be fine but relating it to probably one of the most hosed up moments in cspam history is really dark and gross.

Like I dont know about you, I didn't find that whole situation to be funny. I found it sad and upsetting and I still find it sad and upsetting.

But im done. That's all I have to say on the subject.