Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Got over my fear of self-doxxing and threw some $$$ in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
My view is that there should be a minimum posting activity and/or account age cut-off so people cannot abuse the fund, especially with all the newcomers showing up after Jeffrey placed some ads. I trust the committee to pick something reasonable in that regard. It should probably be a consistent, set policy so no one is unfairly excluded because of when or how they made their request.

My personal opinion is that a lurker who has been around for a couple years is more credible than someone who registered recently with just a handful of posts.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

Amendments seem good to me.

yep

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Dropped a few ducats, thanks again for running this thing.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Fantastic news to share with everyone! Please enjoy the new logo for the goon fund with a big thanks to a cat named norris for their incredible work:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I think you're mixing two different things - disqualified persons are just people you can't give money (or business) to, to avoid self-dealing. That doesn't affect status as a public charity - to maintain that there is just some math you have to do to see how much of the money is coming from a few people versus a bunch, and depending on the ratios you're either satisfied (over 1/3 from randos IIRC) or need to also justify it as charity subjectively (if you're at 1/10 from randos).

It's this. You should still keep track of disqualified persons in the (probably unlikely) case that they were to solicit the Goon Fund for funds down the road or that they start to constitute too high a fraction of the charity's contributions, but they aren't prohibited from giving more money. The charity is just (essentially) prohibited from giving money to them.