Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Buy me Diablo 4

I'll buy you Caves of Qud instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

You can't pay for those. They're comped.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Some of them are coop, I'm sure

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

As a second opinion I've reviewed the financials and come to the conclusion that you are receiving too little money from too few goons

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think there's two main differences between this fund and the last one:

1) This fund takes in significantly more money, iirc the old fund had monthly income of just under $4000 after several years, whereas depending on whether the "one time donations" bit is cumulative or discrete on that graph, this one appears to make potentially that much and up to several times more
2) This fund accepts pretty much all requests regardless of size, whereas Plinkey would have turned down $1000+ requests as being outside the scope of the old fund

No conclusions drawn, just observing.

Actually, one conclusion: full transparency doesn't seem to have enticed many people who were skeptical to start donating regularly.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Homeless Friend posted:

an actual UI, being able to cancel easily. which is important in the begging game

This. People don't like recurring charges they have to jump through hoops to cancel.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think there is a possibility for people to be mistrustful of any service where they sign up at a link with a very simple interface and have no way to pull that subscription back up or monitor it and have to rely on someone else they don't know to cancel it for them. It is not ideal in 2023. It's very set-and-forget, sure, but not very user friendly.

A web form would be a step in the right direction.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

500 good dogs posted:

in honor of the offensive banner I have donated a few hundred bucks extra to venmo

It makes sense, you gotta protect yourself

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kwolok posted:

Whose to say its not helping one person and letting 25 actual scammers get a pay day? Anecdotal's of someone occasionally saying "Thanks goons" (which still doesn't prove its good faith) don't mean anything.

Means testing sucks rear end don't get me wrong. I have absolutely zero idea how you would keep this system honest without denying people access or making people uncomfortable who need it, but I have a hard time convincing myself to donate knowing some weird russian apologist may be asking for it for no reason other than its free cash.

:gb2gbs:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

sounds like his car is going to get impounded again if he refuses to register it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

if this isn’t a fundraising opportunity, I don’t know what is

Wait, fundraising? Did goons kill Kissinger?