Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hello! I am a new subscriber! Thank you for the heightened transparency and honest approach to this goonfund. While Plinkey's fund did directly support a dear friend of mine who was in a bind, and while I did sub to that Patreon for many months, I feel much better about donating to something where I can at least see how much money is acquired and how much is distributed.

Thank you to Plinkey for the good things you did do. Thank you US Goon Fund Management Squad for your hard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

i don't really think i have much of an opinion on it except to suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to either a) wait until the fund can support larger transactions or b) only give large contributions if it wouldn't take the fund down too far to support daily life-saving transactions

i know you said you don't want to have a "rainy day" mindset at all but i think keeping an operational buffer of least $250 - $500 is probably wise

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's trying to use your camera to scan the QR code, the link is a little weird. Try refreshing the page and a payment window should come up from the bottom.

Direct username is @usgoonfund.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I really appreciate all of your hard work!! FIVE HOURS?? Goddamn. That's some dedication. Very exciting news, though -- and I hope Stripe gets their poo poo together for the sake of those who need the fund.

Is there an average donation amount? I'm no good at reading financial spreadsheets. All of those numbers mean nothing to me except green = good.

How often are you donating into the fund and then paying yourselves back in those emergency situations? Is not being able to do that that going to become a hardship for any of you? Do you foresee any issues with meeting the needs of fund recipients? Obviously, the fund is incredibly helpful to so many goons, but it would be nice for it not to be a financial burden/stress on those of you who operate the fund.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HELLO.

Do you like DUMB STUFF? Do you like to get dumb stuff in exchange for your donations?!

I have made more STICKERS featuring one of our oldest friends! Proceeds from the sticker sale will go right into the US Goon Fund as a donation. There are only so many stickers available, so the resulting donation will be fairly small, but I think this is a good trial run for any future efforts.

illidan for scale

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1551645647/beyond-the-goat-sea-3-shiny-vinyl

Etsy is the easiest way for me to handle the sticker sales since it easily tracks quantities and helps me with gathering shipping details. It also allows safe and easy returns in case you get the sticker and you decide you hate it!! It does take a small small cut from each sale, but only like ten cents or something.

Each 3" sticker is printed on shiny, waterproof vinyl, is backed with solid adhesive, and is guaranteed to last. Worried that someone will recognize the design and realize you're carrying a giant gaping anus on your stuff? It's pretty much not gonna happen. I've worn t-shirts in the wild with the design, and literally nobody has ever stopped me to ask if I know about goatse. It flies under the radar. If you know, you know. If you don't, why and how are you registered on these forums?

NOTE: I didn't ask for any gosh darn permission to do this little fundraiser from the fund operators, so if you really, truly hate this whole thing, please contact me and not them!! While I do hope this is an okay thing to do, I will take down the links if requested.

xoxoxo help your fellow goons

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Heath posted:

Do you have one in rainbow foil

Not yet but maybe someday!

So as not to poo poo post too much in this thread, here's my SA-Mart thread where I can post more freely about requests and plans: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023574

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Stickers that have been purchased thus far will be going into the mail tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a card with your name on it!

Thanks to your purchases, we've raised $76.11 as a donation to the US Goon Fund thus far.

Thank you to all -- 12 stickers remain available at the time of posting.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Etsy paid out today, so I turned the sticker sales into a $100 donation to the fund. Thank you to those who purchased and have helped out!

Extra shout-outs to a few people who, on the side, received some different stickers from me in exchange for donations. The system works! You get dumb poo poo, goons get helped, hooray!

I still have 10 stickers in stock so please check my other posts in this thread for any links if you are interested.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Another $25 donated thanks to the sticker sales. Thanks to everyone who purchased. There will be more stickers in the near future. I like making stickers and I like goons getting help, so this is fun for me.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That really puts into perspective how incredible this effort has been. You guys are really the best. I vote for you to all stay on the board.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

really queer Christmas posted:

While im in the stripe settings, donors using stripe - let me know if this would be useful for you to know and I can turn it on.

I think both would be helpful. I have no intention of turning off my donations anytime soon, but when my card gets close to expiration it's helpful to know how many sites I need to update.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Generally agreed that newer accounts should at least show some attempt at community engagement. One is not a goon just by paying the entrance fee.

Honestly, though, I think you guys are doing well going with your gut. If something seems off, follow that instinct and do what you need to in order to make a decision.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Pillowpants posted:

As the budgeting goon from 15 years ago - I’d love to help with this in any way I could

I remember you! You did really good work!! Fund Crew should definitely take Pillowpants up on this offer to help.

For what it's worth as a regular contributor, I think the amendments look great.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I don't know if I want to be officially on the committee, but I would be glad to help with artistic stuff... :shobon:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Unnamed goons, thank you for being so incredible. :unsmith:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

really queer Christmas posted:

I am very bad at this and feel like crap everytime I have to ask for more funds - even though, logically, I understand that's just the reality of charity work. I am just not good at proselytizing and I always think back to any charity emails I get how I always just go "yeah yeah we are all suffering" at the 100 lines that just come out to give us money.

We also don't really have an email list, though we could scrub the stripe email listing and use that. If anyone on the committee would like to volunteer for that and we can work on sending out an email blast, maybe? Either that or do some kind of fundraising. We have reached out to a couple artists to finish the work done on the april fundraiser artwork.

Also, I really want to thank the two goons with big pockets. We've received 16 requests since black friday and we now have funds to take care of them all.

I haven't forgotten you! Been a busy week, I'll take a look at art stuff tomorrow.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this dumb little website and its wonderful people.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

oh god you might wanna timg that lmao

or at least resize the png

happy to contribute in whatever way i can <3

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I hope 2024 is treating you better, friend. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU