Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
hey, this isnt a direct financial request, but I have a pretty urgent situation (not involving me for once).

My friend had been driving without insurance or registration (i know, i know) and they got their car impounded. They just got a notice saying they have 10 days from time of writing to obtain valid registration, insurance, and probably a title, and retrieve the car from the impound lot, or the car will be destroyed.

This is long island, and they're pretty frantic at trying to do this in time, especially since they thought they had 30 days, not 10. Can anyone familiar with the laws in long island PM me advice or resources for my friend to get their car back before it is destroyed?

currently they think the deadline is the 15th or 16th, so time is, obviously, of the essence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

really queer Christmas posted:

:siren: Finally, a bump for this person if anyone is able to help them out: :siren:

:siren:

just a peace of mind update, my friend was able to find a resolution to this situation