Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

really queer Christmas posted:

A big serious thanks to the goon who just dropped $1k

Holy poo poo thank you goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

radia is great and it really sucks that she got driven off like this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

FirstnameLastname posted:

games ... less adversarial

I'm sorry to have to break this to you but...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pohl posted:

lol, what baggage? Past events were shown to be clearly just a bunch of bored rear end goons destroying something good because they could. I'm not trying to relitigate the past, but this continual shaming of the Plinkey fund is some bullshit.
I hope this fund does great things and has a giant amount of success, but statements like "past events" and "baggage" aren't helping you. See, my takeaway is you are talking about the original fund, maybe you are talking about the people that went completely insane and destroyed it? I don't know. Squishy words like that are dangerous, you are using them because you are trying to dance around an issue, just say what you mean. I honestly don't know if you can even get the original donor base back because a lot of them aren't even on SA anymore. It takes time to build up a large donor base giving small donations that equate to a large pool of money...

I personally have a few goons that I venmo money to now, so I won't be doing recurring donations to the fund like I was in the original one. I doubt I'm alone. This is a case of you broke it, you fix it.

How very leftist of you to gloat about people starving because your friend was asked to provide basic accountability.

Plinkey posted:

lol, do you want some advice?

e: ive been here before

Huh I thought landlords weren't allowed to post in cspam

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Crescent Wrench posted:

How about an excuse to bump the thread with some much-needed positivity? Just put in a one-time donation and set up a small recurring payment as well.

That's awesome, thank you. :cheers:

It may be worth asking Pragmatica if she's willing to mention the thread in her monthly announcements about threads to check out. Not official staff association or endorsement but it gets a lot of eyes on it so it might be a nice middleground.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Holy moly that dog brick ad...

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

I see you and I hear you, I've rectified this once again

My hero

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I don't think this kind of format is set up to handle individual large requests of that magnitude, and doing it at the expense of many smaller requests feels like it goes against the purpose of this fund. Something like a gofundme is much more appropriate for that imo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gotta love the financial backbone of the world being a goddamn mess to navigate and utilize properly and even when you do everything right they still dick you over sometimes.

Thank you for all of your hard work.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

War and Pieces posted:

my buddy and comrade got his car impounded pls donate

lol

ls editing out the image embed

Somebody has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Sep 7, 2023

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

Got a letter from the IRS that we are an official 501c3, effective March 8 2023!!!

Hell yeah! Great job with all this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

drat that's a hard question. Lots and lots of goon things have had account age or postcount requirements but it's a really tricky line to draw. I don't think you can really set a specific number for a cutoff even.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh gently caress yes I love bureaucracy.

Thanks for all your hard work, it's appreciated :)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Can we nominate and elect a poster who doesn't even know this thread exists? It would be very funny imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Thank you for everything you've done for so many people, all of you.