Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Can I send money to the Venmo to help out with short-term demand? I'll set up a recurring thing via Stripe at some point but I can drop some seed money into the Venmo if that's an option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kingcobweb posted:

you can send one-time payments to Stripe if that works for you

Actually, this is a good opportunity to ask (sorry if I missed it) but can you guys share precisely what information you get from Stripe payments? Full name? An address?

edit: Venmo is my default preference because I can do it all without fees and while maintaining pseudonymity, if that's helpful data for this whole process.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

drat... lady radia ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

when are we going to pay the IZWF for some sweet advertising space in the stream

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

in honor of the offensive banner I have donated a few hundred bucks extra to venmo

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Kwolok posted:

I understand though if this conversation is not productive or appropriate for the thread so I'll drop it.

thanks, it's not

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

501c3 status is gonna save me a bunch of money come tax season, IRS ftw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

how much more work is it going to take to send the mandatory year-end receipts

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

gently caress joe biden making everything expensive, I'm gonna send some venmo bucks

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Got over my fear of self-doxxing and threw some $$$ in

the reason I like venmo is I don't have to use my real name lol

then I just don't talk about the stripe bucks I donate so it can't be linked to me

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

My rough thoughts:
1. If your account is older than the goon fund, we don't care about post counts.
2. If it's newer then... we should care somewhat? Obviously we don't care what forum you post in or if you're a good poster or a bad poster like me, but I think given the goon fund's goals of being mutual aid for our community, I think there needs to be some line drawn?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

TheParadigm posted:

if the fund was created to serve the community, then, well...

shitpost and chill should be a fairly low bar to clear?

agreed, had similar thoughts I wasn't able to write succinctly - specifically the "community" part. it's not that hard to empty quote the good posts I make, and that should totally count as being an active member of the community

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Amendments seem good to me.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I assume it's 'not be currently banned', and not 'not be banned at any point', the former of which is a reasonable restriction.

once you're unbanned you're no longer banned ergo ipso facto qed

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Why do you guys think the IRS cares if foreigners donate to the goon fund? My understanding of charitable organizations is it would only be a problem if they're on the OFAC sanctioned list...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

:cheers:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I nominate to the non-working committee:
Kingcobweb
Speng31b
really queer christmas

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Do the committee members have some sort of NDA already?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Seems like it'd make sense for even directors to sign one that automatically applies upon their leaving the director position, instead of getting someone to retroactively sign.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

bad news aside, you love to see that recurring number go up each month

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

How are you planning on sending EOY receipts for Venmo donors?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

I am happy to report receipts have gone out to a good many donors! I did not send out receipts to anyone who did not donate $100 or more. I have a couple of venmo people I still need to send messages to. If you were a donor last year and made over $100 in contributions and did not get an email - first off, check your spam since it likely got thrown down there (thats where it was for me). Secondly, get in contact with me and I'll check to make sure we have the right contact email and get it to you if that was the issue. Finally, I did what I could for venmo and cashapp people - if you need a receipt and have not gotten one, get with me and I'll get one for you. If you made under $100 in donations and want a receipt... I can provide one upon request.

thanks again for doing all of this. and my email wasn't in the spam fwiw

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

Fantastic news to share with everyone! Please enjoy the new logo for the goon fund with a big thanks to a cat named norris for their incredible work:

that's disgusting and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I think you're mixing two different things - disqualified persons are just people you can't give money (or business) to, to avoid self-dealing. That doesn't affect status as a public charity - to maintain that there is just some math you have to do to see how much of the money is coming from a few people versus a bunch, and depending on the ratios you're either satisfied (over 1/3 from randos IIRC) or need to also justify it as charity subjectively (if you're at 1/10 from randos).