Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Oh I remember my uncle having this on his absolutely VAST shelves of old cardboard box games. I deeply regret not having the space to pick up his entire collection when he was moving and offered to hand off most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
One of my favourite things is how many things adventure game protags do, when they're done "optimally" and thus slightly out of logic order, that seem like some sort of advanced mental illness.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I feel like I'd rather have the interesting failures alongside the main playthrough rather than segregated off into their own video.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

You are forgiven for depriving us of LP content for today.

(accidents happen!)

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Annie: "Stealing would be wrong, but arson feels juuuuuuuuuust right!"

I was also genuinely worrying that the Africa parts were about to get REALLY racist when I saw those grass huts, but at least they just stayed modestly stereotypical.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I'm assuming that if you pop someone's helmet off outside on Mars, it's an instant character death. :v: Is the game actually cruel enough to allow you to do that?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

It's highly likely that this LP will be over with the sixth update. I'll definitely be following this up with the fan-made sequel.

Huh, that's a shorter game than expected. I was feeling like it was finally starting to gather some steam.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I like the end of game theme, but man, Zak's "I just won the game"-grin was terrifying.

Not the worst adventure game I've ever seen, but I feel justified in not beating my head against it as a kid until I figured it out, now.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Wow, they did ANOTHER Zak game? Interesting.

I honestly feel like the most interesting read of this one is as Zak's idle daydreaming about why the rest of the world is so stupid and doesn't appreciate his journalistic skills: Clearly, they're so dumb because of an ALIEN CONSPIRACY. Now imagine, Zak daydreams, if he, Zak, was just the man to save the world, and he got to hang out with a bunch of cute girls while doing it and then also got to date one of them?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Interestingly, Zak's voice acting is almost exactly like I imagined his voice in the first game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Carpator Diei posted:

Well, if their intention with this segment was to portray Zak as a total raging rear end in a top hat, they certainly succeeded.

To be fair, half of what he did in the first game was to annoy people and gently caress with their things. :v: Remember the air plane sequence in the first one?