Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I could swear putting on the disguise while in the alien jail will get you out sooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Wether flying homeor getting abducted by aliens there's still a chance of getting a good probing.

The odds of getting probed on a normal flight would be quite low as this game is set before the TSA was a thing.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

Have I ever told you how much I hate mazes? If I haven't already then let me just say that I really hate mazes!

Would you like maps?

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

The "no dead ends" design didn't start until Monkey Island.
Maniac Mansion had many ways to screw up.
Zak was a tiny bit better but has some of the nastier ones in adventure games.
Indy has combat and puzzles that can kill you. (Indy seems to be an exception to their design policy as even the later Indy games can screw you)
Loom has a couple sections where you need to repeat patterns from earlier in the game past one-way points.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

sb hermit posted:

the whole puzzle with Leslie and Melissa gives me Maniac Mansion vibes, where certain people are good at one thing and other people are good at other things.

This is the game they made immediately after Maniac Mansion, it only makes sense that it feels similar.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Getting the scroll always felt like a mid/late game puzzle when I played back in the day, but I remember spending hours trying to figure out what I needed to do.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Here's an interesting question, how does the game handle the death of ALL characters? Is there a special cut scene?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

One note about the van, the news report said the trip took months. If you launch the van of course you basically lose the characters in it, they are on their long trip home.