Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

big fan of cherry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

big fan of particleboard here

get the hell out

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Silver Alicorn posted:

for real I could get into some small scale woodworking. like whittling figurines and stuff. what’s a good wood for that

I think maybe beech? there’s some miniature crafts people over in the woodworking thread. they have some absolutely adorable tools too

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

wood update: I worked with some Baltic birch plywood and some Douglas fir.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

pacific madrone is a nice local hardwood for the west coast that is pretty short on hardwoods

I’ve never seen it for sale but would like to do something with it before I move outta Washington

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I don’t like spalted maple

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i dont like exotic woods. feel imperialistic to me. use whatever cool wood is local to wherever you are.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

yeah i mostly work with doug fir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

or cherry, which is at least from this continent, if not this state