Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

At least it’s easy to get to - I’m dreading having to do the one on my 987.1 cayman s. It’s buried in there real good and probably overdue for replacement given that it just rolled over 100k miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

NitroSpazzz posted:

If that's the original I'd order a replacement to have on the shelf for when that one fails. It wouldn't hurt to replace all the associated hoses as well while you're in there. I meant to do that over the past week but between freak snow and cold weather it didn't happen.

I grabbed everything from fcpeuro who have a pretty good video guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PDn2qmwEAo
Porsche Engine Crankcase Breather Hose - Genuine Porsche 99610717550
Porsche Engine Crankcase Breather Hose - VNE 4008305
Porsche Engine Crankcase Breather Hose - VNE 4008307
Porsche Engine Crankcase Vent Valve Seal - Genuine Porsche 99970750740
Porsche Engine Oil Separator - Genuine Porsche 99610702601

If I could give you a hug, I would. Thank you very much for this, I'll be ordering the parts ASAP. I just changed the oil on it this weekend, this will be next.