Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

I think Kento should fight Kenoh instead. Admittedly this is my go-to plan for all wrestlers from inside and outside of NOAH, but that's because it's a good plan!

Well it's leading to Kento vs Katsuhiko, that's nearly as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jerusalem posted:

I think Kento should fight Kenoh instead. Admittedly this is my go-to plan for all wrestlers from inside and outside of NOAH, but that's because it's a good plan!

I mean that would be good but Kenoh has to win all the tag team titles so he's focused on facing Aoyagi & Nomura instead. And Kzy & Shimizu as well.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Are all these guys still Stinger? Or have to NOAH juniors done NOAH junior things?

e: Oh wait Eita was PdMdJ

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 19, 2023

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Stall_19 posted:

5 year career and gets put away easily in a little over 5 minutes

It's an achievement that Nak resisted legit KOing him this time.

I was going through Inamura's record in singles matches & it's genuinely awful, as in worse than you could imagine. Debuted in 2018, he has had 63 singles matches in NOAH in that time. He has 15 wins, 11 of them against Okada, 2 against Kai Fujimura & 2 against Taishi Ozawa. He's also managed 3 draws, 1 with Okada, 1 with Taniguchi & 1 with Kazusada Higuchi. That's loving it. He's 30, he's 5 years into his career & he's yet to get a win over anyone who debuted before him. It's such total dogshit. Meanwhile I'm watching All Japan & they just had Yuma Anzai, who debuted in September, get a pinfall over CIMA in the main event of a show in an 8 man tag also featuring Kento, Lindaman, T-Hawk, Ishikawa, Aoyagi & Tetsuya Izuchi.

Of course Okada is even worse off. Debuted 3 months after Inamura, 105 singles matches in NOAH. 6 wins, 4 against Yasutaka Yano, 1 against Kai Fujimura, & 1 against an actual senior...Yoshiki Inamura.

Guys aren't going to get over if they are booked like complete losers.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I'll be back for the main, unfortunately New Japan is starting and I want to watch ZSJ more than HAYATA

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

I'll be back for the main, unfortunately New Japan is starting and I want to watch ZSJ more than HAYATA

Yeah, was trying to stick with the NOAH show to the end but this tag match is just... well it's not bad, but it's not really "good" either. Hope the main event is better!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edit: Oh my God it's still going?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Finally finished. Feels like this match has been going on since 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I flip back and the tag champps just won their match and are shoving each other

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Absolute silence from the crowd who cannot remember who is allied with whom.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maybe Eita can ally with YO-HEY and Tadasuke after they both turned on their teams earlier

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Showing the replay of Okada absolutely chumping Kaito out

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

From what i've read Lee hasn't been super impressive since joining NOAH but I still want him to win here

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

YESSSS

Tadasuke is a Good Looking Guy

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Clearly setting up for a GLG/J5G ten-man in the near future

Maybe they'll merge into a cross-promotional stable, Just Ten Good Looking Guys

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Clearly setting up for a GLG/J5G ten-man in the near future

Maybe they'll merge into a cross-promotional stable, Just Ten Good Looking Guys

Just Ten Good Looking Guys, and their 11th member SANADA.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
"He did trouble Okada at certain times during their clash..."

Jeez commentary, don't oversell the kid

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

KaIto is not getting a ton of sympathy from this crowd

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Glad they're keeping up the theme of Kiyo looking weak and easily dominated. Just make him look like a real chump, guys. Make guys who beat him look like they didn't do anything and guys who lose to him look like they lost to a loser.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is kind of.... not good, yeah?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Kiyomiya is to the GHC championship as Rey Mysterio is to the WWE championship

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

This is kind of.... not good, yeah?

I hasn't felt like it's gone half an hour, but yeah, not particularly enthralling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Kiyomiya is to the GHC championship as Rey Mysterio is to the WWE championship

Yeah, a phenomenal wrestler who has the potential to be a huge deal but is getting hosed over by terrible booking and a frankly bizarre aggressive sabotaging from his promotion.

:sigh:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Each time it feels like they're going to start working together smoothly something derails things.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I just don't understand it. Kiyomiya could be your ace for the next 15 years yet he's fine looking so far below every other main eventer

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, a phenomenal wrestler who has the potential to be a huge deal but is getting hosed over by terrible booking and a frankly bizarre aggressive sabotaging from his promotion.

:sigh:

Exactly, NOAH's treatment of Kiyomiya is beyond baffling and exhibits the sort of self-sabotage rarely seen outside of the Stamford Prison Experiment

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

the Stamford Prison Experiment

Best name for WWE I ever heard.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :cripes:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

oh for gently caress's sake.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Are you loving kidding me? :lol:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Fuckin lol

That show had some good matches but really doesn't make me eager to pick NOAH back up

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Why is NOAH so loving stupid :lol:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So the lesson of the Kiyomiya title was that he was faced with insurmountable odds and failed repeatedly. loving hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh hey it's Nakajima who wants his turn at the game of musical chairs that is the GHC Title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For the people who wondered why NOAH was so comfortable letting Okada look so dominant over their champ, at least that answer came quick

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

it would be SO EASY to make someone like Kiyomiya look strong. If you don't want to sacrifice your established main eventers, give him spectacular matches against people one step down. Give him monsters and let him absolutely kick their cunts in. Why is that hard?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Sigh.

On the one hand I'm happy because Lee is almost certainly going to be a strongly-booked champion who has great defenses.

On the other, Kiyomiya being repeatedly made to look like a chump puts me off the entire promotion.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
https://twitter.com/gdgd_4life/status/1637404617217839104?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

That loving face

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Lee is almost certainly going to be a strongly-booked champion who has great defenses.

He's wrestling for a different promotion in addition to NOAH!?! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

He's wrestling for a different promotion in addition to NOAH!?! :haw:

:lol: I guess I'm speaking by comparison, anything that clears the incredibly low bar set by Kiyomiya (not that it's his fault) would be refreshing

Your new GHC champion, Yertle the Turtle